Hey hey....looking for Hay

ellajoan

I got NG's Hayride, and I liked it, but it was more just-cut-hay than dried hay. It was green, but not as pungent as a fesh cut grass fragrance, if that makes sense. I ended up mixing it with Barnwood from Aztec and a titch of Clothespins from RE, and it turned into an awesome blanket-hanging-over-the-fence-rails fragrance. I don't know that I would categorize that as a fall scent. But it's pretty awesome. ☺️ Sorry, that didn't really answer your question at all, lol.

4 hours ago, ellajoan said:

Sarah S, that sounds amazing!  I have Clothespins, but I don't have Barnwood.  I'd love to try that mix.  Do you mind sharing your ratios?  

I had to play with it a bit, but I settled on 50% Barnwood, 40% hayride and 10% Clothespins. And the Clothespins STILL comes through crazy strong, that one is potent! If you have CS's Antique Sandalwood, that smells really close to Barnwood to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sarah, thanks so much!  I'll give this a try.  We do have Antique Sandalwood, and I was hacked by Aztec's website multiple times.  I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.  They handled things very poorly and had many rude comments to their customers.  

• Sad 1

Don't know about hay scents but as far as a hay flavor get a cup of Chinese Pu-Erh tea. Make sure it's the black kind in the little turd shaped knots. It tastes as much like a stable floor as you dare to get... 

No need to thank me, it's nothing really. I'm just mister helpful here.  It's what I do...  

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I had to play with it a bit, but I settled on 50% Barnwood, 40% hayride and 10% Clothespins. And the Clothespins STILL comes through crazy strong, that one is potent! If you have CS's Antique Sandalwood, that smells really close to Barnwood to me.

Thank you for sharing! 

• Like 1

Bittercreek has one called Horse... trust me, it smells EXACTLY like a stable & "Country Air" , but not poopy.
I ordered last year on a whim, and they sold like crazy !  Go figure ?
The H/C throw is great in parasoy . I'm thinking about adding a little mac apple for the next batch, maybe mix 50/50 with Hayride to tone it down a bit.
Try a sample and see what you think :) 

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2018 at 12:08 AM, Sponiebr said:

Don't know about hay scents but as far as a hay flavor get a cup of Chinese Pu-Erh tea. Make sure it's the black kind in the little turd shaped knots. It tastes as much like a stable floor as you dare to get... 

No need to thank me, it's nothing really. I'm just mister helpful here.  It's what I do...  

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services 

You seriously have eaten hay? LOLOLOL  In any event, you are always my morning laugh which is very much appreciated Mr. Helpful!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the market for a hay note to add to blends, too.  In my search so far, I've read fragrance reviews for oils and descriptions that list coumarin as a hay like note, it's in things like tonka and cinnamon. I'm excited to see what's out there.  

I use Bittercreeks hayride but I wouldn’t say it’s straight up sweet hay and I don’t use it alone I mix it with grass and apple for a scent in my western line 

I think sweet cakes has one also and I think I have an ounce sample around here somewhere to try it out 

Horse sounds interesting....I may have to try that one 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, kandlekrazy said:

You seriously have eaten hay? LOLOLOL  In any event, you are always my morning laugh which is very much appreciated Mr. Helpful!

I seriously have chewed hay before, as well as sweet feed, and just about anything else you'd dare put in a horse's mouth. When you're taking care of multi-million dollar horses, you better BELIEVE that you're gonna test the hay with your OWN mouth to make sure it's not moldy BEFORE you give it to the horse. Those owners won't hesitate to shoot you dead for messing with their horse. 

"Forget the dog, Beware of Horse Owner"  

Sponiebr
The Executor of (better not to ask) and Sundry Services...  

• Like 1