Best Christmas Splendor and Pumpkin Spice Latte

ellajoan

Who has the best versions of these popular scents?  Starting to plan my Fall/Winter Lineup.  I've seen many different descriptions for Christmas Splendor--don't want anything close to CS Christmas Hearth (our best seller).  I use 464.  TIA!

So far I've smelled Christmas Splendor from The Candle Source, C&S, NG, and Aztec. It's my favorite Christmas scent! The ones from TCS, C&S, and NG smell more fruity than the one from Aztec. So far the TCS one is my favorite, it's very strong and smells amazing, and the one from NG is almost exactly like it. I have not smelled CS Christmas Hearth, so I couldn't compare, sorry!

I just ordered the Pumpkin Chai from Candlewic, which I hear is amazing. I can give feedback after I pick it up if you'd like! Pumpkin Latte is not a fave of mine, so I haven't tried it from anywhere else. But I feel obligated to at least try to offer it this fall. 😆

• Like 1

I use Pumpkin Spice Latte from Indiana.  It's great. 

I'm still using Christmas Splendor from Tennessee, but I'll run out this year.  I need to find a replacement because I have a few regulars that will want it.

2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

So far I've smelled Christmas Splendor from The Candle Source, C&S, NG, and Aztec. It's my favorite Christmas scent! The ones from TCS, C&S, and NG smell more fruity than the one from Aztec. So far the TCS one is my favorite, it's very strong and smells amazing, and the one from NG is almost exactly like it. I have not smelled CS Christmas Hearth, so I couldn't compare, sorry!

I just ordered the Pumpkin Chai from Candlewic, which I hear is amazing. I can give feedback after I pick it up if you'd like! Pumpkin Latte is not a fave of mine, so I haven't tried it from anywhere else. But I feel obligated to at least try to offer it this fall. 😆

I've never ordered from the Candle source. Any recommendations?

I've never ordered Christmas Slendor from anyone though I have smelled them all but really none of them floated my boat.   I did read up the descriptions of about 6 different companies and pretty much all of them say roughly the same thing, spices, a bit of apple, some pine or balsam, etc.  If I remember correctly the pine/balsam never really was that pronounced in the oils.  If it were me, I would make up my own blend and call it Christmas Splendor if you are wanting to give it that name because really anything goes....I love cranberry orange spice from Just Scent and I would try adding some balsam fir, maybe some clove and cinnamon, maybe a bit of vanilla  to it for starters and start testing it.  I agree Christmas Hearth to leave it alone and keep that as a main seller.  It's always been a huge seller for me and nothing even comes close to it except Flamings Christmas Hearth as a backup in case CS Christmas Hearth is out of stock as it is just about identical.....(extremely close).  Pumpkin Spice Latte from RE Gail turned me onto that scent as it is one of her most favorites so I ordered a pound of it, made up 2 3 wick candles in it and they are 6 weeks cured now and actually I'm going to burn them tonight after I get in from weed eating.  They sure do smell beautiful!   Now lets see how they burn in 464 which I use...Wow Ellajoan!  Your already planning Christmas and I'm still on spring!  Hope this helps a bit!

Trappeur:)

16 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I've never ordered from the Candle source. Any recommendations?

I didn't try many of their oils, when I decided not to use their tart wax, I got sidetracked by other suppliers.

The ones I did try were:

christmas splendor - spicy, Apple-y, a little balsam, their version is super strong and fruity

christmas rumball - heavy on the rum, I loved it

South Pacific - watery floral, soft with hints of the tropics, it reminded me of NG's Paradise Reef

clove - name says it all, strong

joyeux Noel - my notes say it was a basic cinnamon and vanilla, I remember it was nice but not wow

chocolate cake - my notes say it was like a chocolate mint, I wasn't very impressed with that one

Their oils performed very well in my paraffin, I just can't get over their cumbersome website and the weird way they do their shipping.

HTH!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

I didn't try many of their oils, when I decided not to use their tart wax, I got sidetracked by other suppliers.

The ones I did try were:

christmas splendor - spicy, Apple-y, a little balsam, their version is super strong and fruity

christmas rumball - heavy on the rum, I loved it

South Pacific - watery floral, soft with hints of the tropics, it reminded me of NG's Paradise Reef

clove - name says it all, strong

joyeux Noel - my notes say it was a basic cinnamon and vanilla, I remember it was nice but not wow

chocolate cake - my notes say it was like a chocolate mint, I wasn't very impressed with that one

Their oils performed very well in my paraffin, I just can't get over their cumbersome website and the weird way they do their shipping.

HTH!!

Thank you Sarah , super helpful !

Spiced Pumpkin Latte from Rustic Escentials is superb! Best coffee scent I've tried.  But I don't smell much pumpkin.

I like Christmas Spendor from Aztec.  It's not like Christmas Hearth, no smoky notes.  I smell orange and spices.