wax melting options

I am looking for a better option for wax melting since trying to get my palm wax over 200 degrees in my double boiler setup is not really working. The hottest i got the wax to was i think 203 and that took me well over 30 minutes to melt 1 pound of wax.  I stopped watching the time after 30 minutes. So i am having to look for options that will work better for me than a double boiler.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. 

When you get it, resist the urge to crank that dial up. It is very responsive. I set mine generally between the “w” and “a” and stir often. Setting to 200, especially on small amounts will seriously scorch your wax. 

Those pots are awesome, 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

When you get it, resist the urge to crank that dial up. It is very responsive. I set mine generally between the “w” and “a” and stir often. Setting to 200, especially on small amounts will seriously scorch your wax. 

Those pots are awesome, 

Thanks for the info in will keep that in mind and will slowly turn it up till i get the wax up to around 210 cause palm wax likes it hot.  Waiting on the parents to get up so we can go to the store lol.  Not being able to drive sucks.

Edited by ncraiders

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, TallTayl said:

Those pots are awesome, 

I am having a similar problem.  I also use palm wax, but my presto pot is taking forever to get the wax up to even 200 F.  I melted close to 5 lbs of wax tonight and it took over 1.5 hours to get to 210 F.  Do you know if there is a quicker method even than a presto pot?

On 5/12/2018 at 7:00 AM, ncraiders said:

I am going to the local walmart today so that would be doable today. :thumbsup2:

I have no experience with palm wax but do use a presto pot to melt my 1274 wax........I keep a good amt of wax in the pot and when I feel the urge to make candles, I turn it on...I've never timed it but once it is melted, I scoop out what I want to work with into my pour pots, set in a pan of water and go from there as far as adding scents and bring the temps up to pouring temp.

Not having any experience with Palm wax, I confused as to why it would take 1.5 hrs to melt 5 lbs of wax?????????

On 5/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, waxwonders15 said:

I am having a similar problem.  I also use palm wax, but my presto pot is taking forever to get the wax up to even 200 F.  I melted close to 5 lbs of wax tonight and it took over 1.5 hours to get to 210 F.  Do you know if there is a quicker method even than a presto pot?

I melted roughly 2.5 lbs of wax from failed wick testing in my presto pot in less than 15 minutes.  I have the bigger presto pot tho not sure how much of a difference the bigger one might make.

• Like 1