Labeling conundrum.

The first pic is what my products currently look like.  Then I found some great new containers I want to use (second pic).  I didn't think it though before buying them, and now I don't know how to label them.  I obviously can't put the label on the glass.  They don't really even fit in with my current product line, but I love them, and I bought a bunch so I have to use them.  Would you go with a label on the lid or maybe a hang tag of some sorts?  Or maybe no label at all, but sell them in a box?

crh1 (640x480).jpg

crhatch (640x469).jpg

Edited by bfroberts

beautiful labels and branding!

I'd be inclined to a top and bottom on that pineapple one. Tops get separated from bottoms, hence my suggestion for both. Hang tags get beat up and lost unless carefully watched over.

Have you tried a clear label on the outside - just curious

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

beautiful labels and branding!

I'd be inclined to a top and bottom on that pineapple one. Tops get separated from bottoms, hence my suggestion for both. Hang tags get beat up and lost unless carefully watched over.

Have you tried a clear label on the outside - just curious

The outside is a cross-hatch texture, so I can't adhere a label to the actual glass.  It's either label the lid or label the bottom, or both as you suggested.  Of course I don't have any labels to fit the lids...story of my life....and I'd have to go with a white label for the lids rather than the clear labels I've been using.  Either way, it appears as if I will have to order something.  I was afraid a white label on the lid would detract from the overall look, but I guess it can't be helped.
Thank you!!

I agree with @TallTayl, clear labels look fabulous with metal. I use clear labels even on my tins and absolutely love it! You should try it and see what you think before switching to a white label. You could use one of the labels you already have just to test it even though the size won't be right. It will at least give you an idea of the look. Love your labels!

Totally agree with the above posts! Your labels look fantastic, and I think the clear label on the lid would be perfect. Those pineapple jars are super cute! I would definitely purchase just based on the jar. 🙂

I have every conceivable label type, size and material except clear round's.  I guess I will order some labels for the lids today.  I'll have to tweak my colors a little to make them work but that's not a biggie.

Thanks for your help!

Do you print those clear labels in the first picture? I tried the online clear labels with an inkjet and they smeared even after sitting for a week, even though they are supposed to be injet/laser compatible.  I think a clear label on your pineapple lid would look very classy.

4 minutes ago, Gary in Canada said:

Do you print those clear labels in the first picture? I tried the online clear labels with an inkjet and they smeared even after sitting for a week, even though they are supposed to be injet/laser compatible.  I think a clear label on your pineapple lid would look very classy.

Yes, I order the clear gloss labels for inkjet from onlinelabels.com and print them myself.  I use a Brother inkjet printer (cheap ink!) and they don't smear.  They aren't waterproof but they get handled a lot in our store and they hold up to it really well.

Hi there! Your labels look great. I was looking for labels online today and was torn between doing a foil label or a clear label. I have tried buying clear Avery labels and was unsuccessful with printing them. It's like they never properly dry leaving me with smudged labels. I'm going to try ordering some from the olinelabels site. I have a Brother inkjet all in one printer. Not sure if mine will be as fancy as yours but hopefully I can eliminate the smudging..

Just now, claraty said:

Hi there! Your labels look great. I was looking for labels online today and was torn between doing a foil label or a clear label. I have tried buying clear Avery labels and was unsuccessful with printing them. It's like they never properly dry leaving me with smudged labels. I'm going to try ordering some from the olinelabels site. I have a Brother inkjet all in one printer. Not sure if mine will be as fancy as yours but hopefully I can eliminate the smudging..

The clear labels from online labels are better quality than the Avery labels so you should be fine.  Just give them a minute to dry before applying them.

• Like 2

Very pretty candles!  Love the 2nd jar as well.  I agree about the label and double label.  I add the scent to my caution on bottom as well as lid when I can't label jar itself because customers do mix them up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Yes, I order the clear gloss labels for inkjet from onlinelabels.com and print them myself.  I use a Brother inkjet printer (cheap ink!) and they don't smear.  They aren't waterproof but they get handled a lot in our store and they hold up to it really well.

I think I still have some onlinelabels clear gloss, so maybe I'll give it another try...Maybe I can play around with the print settings to get it to work. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2018 at 12:13 PM, bfroberts said:

The first pic is what my products currently look like.  Then I found some great new containers I want to use (second pic).  I didn't think it though before buying them, and now I don't know how to label them.  I obviously can't put the label on the glass.  They don't really even fit in with my current product line, but I love them, and I bought a bunch so I have to use them.  Would you go with a label on the lid or maybe a hang tag of some sorts?  Or maybe no label at all, but sell them in a box?

crh1 (640x480).jpg

crhatch (640x469).jpg

the second jar is really cool---do you mind sharing where you found those?  I don't think I saw that in your post

• 2 months later...