Wicks for tall palm wax container candles

Hello all,

A client wants a tall prayer candle with palm wax... I have never worked with palm before but got some 'Crystallizing Container Fill Palm Wax - Palm-1' in from Candlewic. Looks great and takes on dye in much smaller doses than is needed for soy.

Z909670.jpg.cf7b4d094023cb4afded5dc82833f40f.jpg

On recommendation from Candlewic I started trying out CD 10, 12 and 14. 10 no HT, 12 HT but the flame was way too high and lethal, 14 yeah way to overwicked.

I can't use CSN as they only come in 6 inches tall and I need 8 for this glass

What should I try? HTP - something else? I've scented 6-7 % with a generic CS FO and added a tad of dye just to start trying.

Give premier wicking a call. They carry everything including the CSN (though they call it something like KST) . They can help you dial-in whatever type and size you need. Then once you know what it is that you required candlewic can custom make whatever you need in smaller quantities them from here.

7 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Give premier wicking a call. They carry everything including the CSN (though they call it something like KST) . They can help you dial-in whatever type and size you need. Then once you know what it is that you required candlewic can custom make whatever you need in smaller quantities them from here.

Thanks

What company is premier wicking? Is it http://wickit.net/ or?

I'll give RRD a go also, thanks!

6 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Sorry I was wrong on the company name. Precision wicking 

http://www.precisionwicking.com/

conact their customer service, they can send a form with questions about your candle, containers, etc. that you are trying to wick. Their lab will help narrow down the wicks tat should perform best in your candles.

Thanks, appreciate it!