Wick Suggestion for C3 Soy 3" Diameter Jar

Well, I'm in the middle of ordering from Candle Science and I'd like to toss in some wicks to try in a 3" diameter jar with C3 soy. Any suggestions? I'm not liking the amount of soot I'm getting from the zinc wicks, so I'd like to try a few alternatives since I'm ordering anyways.  Also, does CS have any "must have" scents that you can recommend? I've never ordered from them before. Thanks for any help! :rockon:

How tall?

Glass?

For 2" tall tins with that diameter, an ECO12 does the job with "most" of my scents in C3 with no additives other than color and UV. An ECO14 handles the rest.

For taller, or for glass, ECO10 or 12 is where I would start.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

How tall?

Glass?

For 2" tall tins with that diameter, an ECO12 does the job with "most" of my scents in C3 with no additives other than color and UV. An ECO14 handles the rest.

For taller, or for glass, ECO10 or 12 is where I would start.

Height is 4", and yes, it's glass. I've been test burning a lot with the zincs, and when I had a "real house", I never noticed the amount of soot with these. In the "current" C3 soy, they seem to burn too cool when all I'm adding is dye and scent. I need something hotter with less soot. Thank you for your reply, I'll order up some of those and try them out. :)

I used to use the zinc wicks in the C3 and they worked just fine "back when", but can't remember which ones I used. This C3 soy just wants to..well...sit there! I also burned them in much larger rooms, maybe that's why I never noticed an overabundance of soot? 

I have no input about your wax, but girl, get the Egyptian Amber from CS!!! It is subtle and sexy and sultry and the best thing ever!

I got a bunch of their oils during the .99 sample sale, they were all really good, but I immediately ordered a large bottle of that one!

The Carribean Teakwood is also fantastic, and the Oakmoss and Amber. Can you tell what kind of fragrances I like? Lol

• Like 1

I did place an order, and tossed in a few oils. I like the scents you mentioned, Sarah! I like those types of scents, too! When I reorder, I'll certainly get that Egyptian Amber, and DANG, I was looking at that one and didn't choose it! What kind of scent is the Carribean Teakwood and the Oakmoss n' Amber?

Hmm....maybe not one I'd personally like...but some of my incense people might. I remember making a ton of Opium incense....didn't like the scent, personally. 

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Oakmoss and Amber is a strong cologne scent, heavy on the Oakmoss. 

Agreed, but I find it less offensive than most cologne types. I'm using it as a "clean" type scent, since I generally despise those even more, lol. The room spray I made with it is fantastic, I keep it in the bathroom. 😉

On 5/3/2018 at 2:02 PM, TallTayl said:

Oakmoss and Amber is a strong cologne scent, heavy on the Oakmoss. 

This is the scent that prompted me to get a respirator - it is so strong it makes me feel terrible. It's my mother's favorite, lol.

• Haha 1