Candlewic New Fragrances

awnl

Is anyone else drooling  over the new fragrance CandleWic  has released? I want to try them all  Coastal Kale, Cucumber Mint Spritzer, Dancing Daisy  to name a few. Listed on their website. 

• Like 1

I saw the email! IDK, it looked like a lot of florals and herbals to me, which don't generally excite me. A couple of the water ones looked good though!

I really need to take a day to go up there and sniff samples. They have a couple of fragrances I can't live without, but recently I've ordered some real duds from them. 😔

On 4/28/2018 at 7:31 PM, awnl said:

Is anyone else drooling  over the new fragrance CandleWic  has released? I want to try them all  Coastal Kale, Cucumber Mint Spritzer, Dancing Daisy  to name a few. Listed on their website. 

Oh great just what I need, more FO's to want from Candlewic.  :)  I like so many of their oils already.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I saw the email! IDK, it looked like a lot of florals and herbals to me, which don't generally excite me. A couple of the water ones looked good though!

I really need to take a day to go up there and sniff samples. They have a couple of fragrances I can't live without, but recently I've ordered some real duds from them. 😔

Care to share the duds?  I haven't really gotten any duds yet, and I'd like to keep it that way. :)  I thought the Hot Buttered Rum was going to be a dud.  Smelled weak OOB, and the CT wasn't great either.  But I was pleasantly surprised when I burned it.  It was plenty strong enough and I really liked the scent.

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Care to share the duds?  I haven't really gotten any duds yet, and I'd like to keep it that way. :)  I thought the Hot Buttered Rum was going to be a dud.  Smelled weak OOB, and the CT wasn't great either.  But I was pleasantly surprised when I burned it.  It was plenty strong enough and I really liked the scent.

Smoked Ginger. The most horrible, vile fragrance I have ever smelled. It was like moldy mint tea brewed inside a tennis shoe.

Blueberry - it doesn't smell bad, but at 7% I'm not getting much HT, which is unusual for their oils. I wish I had gone with the pricier Wild Maine Blueberry.

Rattlesnake Grass. This one is just kind of strange. It's not a floral, it's not herbaceous, it's sort of citrusy but not fruity... It's not a bad smell, just not a great one.

Ylang and Amber. It does not smell like Ylang or Amber. I was hoping for a sexy floral but I got laundry detergent. 😔

My other duds are just personal preference, like Bombshell and Clean Cotton. Glad I only got samples of those! They're super strong, just not my thing.

We've already talked about their Spice FO, lol!

On my list to try is Butterscotch, Hot Buttered Rum, Cotton Blossom, Apple Cider Donut, and Marine Minerals. Oh and Frost!

My must-haves from them are Voodoo Love, Mahogany Spice, and Moonlight Path.  I don't know how I lived without those! My middle daughter uses Moonlight Path in her shampoo and conditioner, and her hair always smells amazing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Sarah S, I haven't even gotten samples of the duds you mentioned. But those aren't my cup of tea, except Blueberry and I have Blueberry Cobbler from Aztec and Cierra.

Here are some of my favorites:

Berry Tangerine - I love, love this one

Clementine & Daisy - actually this one is my granddaughter's favorite, but I like it too.

Succulent Agave & Oakmoss

Pumpkin Chai

Summer Fresh

Apple Cider Donut

Lemongrass Sage

Black Tea Orange and Almond - This one is strong!  Both CT and HT

There are others I like OK, like Mulberry Spice and Pomegranate Cider, but just not my favorites.

• Like 1

Parsley Lime & Coconut Coral sound interesting . I have had very few duds with CW . Spice & Christmas Essence I do not recommend ,both smell very weird to my nose . I threw both these scents to the trash ,would not even consider giving these to anyone ,much less try to sell them to anyone . I will add that I do love most all the others & I do use many CW oils . I order mostly the Ultimate & Bold selection. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2018 at 10:54 PM, katmeltswax said:

Parsley Lime & Coconut Coral sound interesting . I have had very few duds with CW . Spice & Christmas Essence I do not recommend ,both smell very weird to my nose . I threw both these scents to the trash ,would not even consider giving these to anyone ,much less try to sell them to anyone . I will add that I do love most all the others & I do use many CW oils . I order mostly the Ultimate & Bold selection. 

I have the Spice and Christmas Essence and they smell great lol I have 2 pounds of the Spice. One of the Christmas Essence. My family loves them. Maybe you got bad batches.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I have the Spice and Christmas Essence and they smell great lol I have 2 pounds of the Spice. One of the Christmas Essence. My family loves them. Maybe you got bad batches.

It has to be a bad batch then ,neither of my oils  are good at all.I do love Candlewic oils & surprised both of these scents were so Not good .Lol hope this makes sense .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

It has to be a bad batch then ,neither of my oils  are good at all.I do love Candlewic oils & surprised both of these scents were so Not good .Lol hope this makes sense .

It does make sense. I sure don't blame you if you don't buy it and trying it again lol I am upset about Red Egyptian Musk. It is awful. Is it the same thing as Dragon's Blood? I have a pound of it and am considering throwing it away. It is awful and I refuse to use it. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Misspelled words
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

It does make sense. I sure don't blame you if you don't buy it and trying it again lol I am upset about Red Egyptian Musk. It is awful. Is it the same thing as Dragon's Blood? I have a pound of it and am considering throwing it away. It is awful and I refuse to use it. 

I have never tried the Dragons blood or Egyptian musk .I do think every company can & does sell old stock .I will continue to buy my favorites of course .I have  learned to order samples first  .I have lost to much money jumping in on the pound bottles before trying samples .I do love Candlewic products thou.😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

Shelly, Would you like my bottles of Spice & Christmas Essence ? I will be happy to send it to you.You may have better luck with it in your wax .Send me your address private message ,I will mail these to you ,no charge .Lol we all have different sense of smell & I never use these .Maybe you can use the both of these scents 😀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Shelly, Would you like my bottles of Spice & Christmas Essence ? I will be happy to send it to you.You may have better luck with it in your wax .Send me your address private message ,I will mail these to you ,no charge .Lol we all have different sense of smell & I never use these .Maybe you can use the both of these scents 😀

Thank you. I just got on here and saw this. That is so nice of you. Sending pm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

Thank you. I just got on here and saw this. That is so nice of you. Sending pm

Your very welcome ,I will get these out to you tomorrow .I am glad you like them ,at least they will get put to good use .I have way to much fragrance oil & keep buying more lol...

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 6:27 PM, ShelleyF said:

I have Spice and it has the most peculiar odor.  Maybe I should give it a chance and put it in wax.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GailC said:

I have Spice and it has the most peculiar odor.  Maybe I should give it a chance and put it in wax.

I did try Spice in the wax ,no such luck for me .This scent did not smell good to me at all. The Christmas Essence was another no go as well. I do love most all CW ultimate bold scents & will continue to purchase .Can you describe Clementine & Daisy ? This has been on my list to try for a long while now .Thank you Gail 😀

2 hours ago, GailC said:

You should. My family loves it. But we also use Patchouli too. Lol I didn't like patchouli at first but since I've been having the make it I'm starting to like it. It is funny because at a yard sale a couple months ago I found the perfume that has patchouli in it but I didn't know it until I looked up the ingredients. I kept telling my husband smell this it smells amazing. It was brand new in the box for $2. It is not a cheap perfume it was made by Lancome and it was sealed in the Box. The lady said I just want things gone. lol I was embarrassed when I found that  it had Patchouli in it. I've spent a while now telling my family how awful Patchouli is.  They've been insisting how great it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I did try Spice in the wax ,no such luck for me .This scent did not smell good to me at all. The Christmas Essence was another no go as well. I do love most all CW ultimate bold scents & will continue to purchase .Can you describe Clementine & Daisy ? This has been on my list to try for a long while now .Thank you Gail 😀

I just came from my granddaughter's house and she had a candle lit on the counter.  I walked past it, and oh my it smelled so good! I knew it was Clementine & Daisy.  Well, for one reason because I gave her a couple not long ago, and for another, the scent is immediately recognizable. She said it is very strong.  I call it a 'tart' fragrance.  It doesn't smell sweet or perfumy at all.  Perfect for a spring day. Sorry I can't describe it better for you;  I'm no good at that.  I had a sample and was on the fence about buying a large bottle, but I am glad I did.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GailC said:

I just came from my granddaughter's house and she had a candle lit on the counter.  I walked past it, and oh my it smelled so good! I knew it was Clementine & Daisy.  Well, for one reason because I gave her a couple not long ago, and for another, the scent is immediately recognizable. She said it is very strong.  I call it a 'tart' fragrance.  It doesn't smell sweet or perfumy at all.  Perfect for a spring day. Sorry I can't describe it better for you;  I'm no good at that.  I had a sample and was on the fence about buying a large bottle, but I am glad I did.  

I think I will give this one a try ,been wanting to try it for a while.I also want to order some of the newly added scents , especially Parsley Lime .Did you order any of the new ones yet ? If so which ones did ya get ?  Lol I sure don't need any oils ,just so tempting with all the new ones .I am in process of ordering some from Oregan Trails ,Trappeurs fault on this lol...Glad she posted about their S'mores being spot on to McCalls candle scent .They have Gee your Hair Smells Terrific ,love this smell in shampoo back in the 1970's ,remember it so well.I am not much on florals ,however love this one .I hope this oil works in my wax .Thanks Gail 😀

@katmeltswax, I haven't ordered any of Candlewic's new FO's.  I am trying my best to use some I already have first.  :)  I have a list as long as my arm of scents I haven't even put in wax yet, from Candlewic and other suppliers.  Sure is hard to be good though.  

If anyone has a Memorial Day sale, all my resolve will go flying out the window.  :)  Especially if Fragrance Buddy has one of their awesome sales.  

I have never ordered from Oregon Trails.  If I ever add a new supplier, I am wanting to try some from Bittercreek.  I've had a cart filled there more than once, but never followed though.  Come to think of it, Trappeur is who got me perusing their website, back when I was looking for a good Hot Buttered Rum. 

I remember that commercial, Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific.  What a dumb name for a shampoo, but it's one you remember.  I liked the smell of Herbal Essence Shampoo.  Wonder if there is an FO like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

@katmeltswax, I haven't ordered any of Candlewic's new FO's.  I am trying my best to use some I already have first.  :)  I have a list as long as my arm of scents I haven't even put in wax yet, from Candlewic and other suppliers.  Sure is hard to be good though.  

If anyone has a Memorial Day sale, all my resolve will go flying out the window.  :)  Especially if Fragrance Buddy has one of their awesome sales.  

I have never ordered from Oregon Trails.  If I ever add a new supplier, I am wanting to try some from Bittercreek.  I've had a cart filled there more than once, but never followed though.  Come to think of it, Trappeur is who got me perusing their website, back when I was looking for a good Hot Buttered Rum. 

I remember that commercial, Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific.  What a dumb name for a shampoo, but it's one you remember.  I liked the smell of Herbal Essence Shampoo.  Wonder if there is an FO like that.

Lol yes Trapp is great at Enabling us right .I value her opinion always .Oh yes Herbal Essence is wonderful .I think Candlemakers Store has this one ,I know I have seen it before.I will check & let you know .Yes that Gee YHST shampoo smelled so good in my hair ,lol way way back in the day .I am excited to get the oil & test .I am still adding to my Oregan Trails cart.I remember the past couple of years FB had 30% off all oils .I to am waiting for that sale.I try to order my favorites during this sale always .The list is long ,now they are carrying Peak oils ,so will get longer lol.No end to Fragrance oil addiction .Gail just keep pouring ,you will get your stock down hopefully ,I am in the same boat . Wayyyyy too many oils 😀😀😀

• Like 1