Ecosoya CB Advanced soy is back

Wasn't the Advanced that so many loved and then it went discontinued and left everyone scrambling and upset and everyone spending so many dollars on new waxes to replace this one?

I feel so sorry for the ones that had to endure this.

I think that rots...really stinks...That's really a bunch of craparoni for the company that produced this wax to bring this back.  I'd be bullsh.....t!

I'd be writing some nasty letters to them....not that it would make diddly squat any difference...

Trappeuir

I wonder was it some type of Regulation that was above their heads that caused the havoc. I am very tempted to give it a try, but  hate for it to be a wash out and  waste my money.  No smaller sizes I guess? Geez....what gives?

I was looking at a few sites that has it listed and a couple of them show 10 pound options for sale.  From what i saw both candle science and lone star candles have 10 pound options and the candlemakers store claims to have an option for 1 pound bags as well..

3 hours ago, Grani L said:

I wonder was it some type of Regulation that was above their heads that caused the havoc. I am very tempted to give it a try, but  hate for it to be a wash out and  waste my money.  No smaller sizes I guess? Geez....what gives?

10lbs are available for $19

I never did try that wax but I watched posts over the years, and what I learned most was that that wax produces a beautiful creamy smooth finish but so many dislike that the throw is not there.   But yes there were people who did have great luck with that wax and swore by it, but more negativity than positive.   That is what I learned.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

The first soy candle I ever bought was from Whitewater Premium Candle Co. in Ottawa ON.  It was awesome...amazing throw.  I tried to duplicate it, with no success, then I saw a TV interview they did and saw their wax...CB Advanced.  By the time I saw the video, it was too late to get CB Advanced...it was gone.  I bought one of their new candles in Feb. (not sure what wax they use now)...and it was in my opinion VERY average.  So just to satisfy myself, I have to buy some NEW CB Advanced to see if it compares to the old one.  We won't have it available here until Mid May.    

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, Sarah S said:

$19 for 10lb of soy? Soy that probably still needs 10% fo load to generate good throw? The reasons for using this wax are becoming less viable by the minute. 

O so it was cheaper? Hmmm

There have been several threads on the return of the CBA wax. If you do a search you can find them and get some information on what others have said about it. The general consensus by those that have bought it and tested it found it does not perform as well as the original.

I have not tried the new CBA wax but I have used the old before it was discontinued. I was extremely disappointed in it. The wax CBA wax was specifically designed to eliminate frosting and wet spots and had the ability to hold up to 12% FO. While it did create a beautiful, creamy, frost free candle it failed miserably in the throw department. Personally I never saw what all the hoopla about the wax was. I can't sell a candle that won't throw fragrance so I went with another wax.