Anyone buy 415 lately?

I am finding C3 to be much easier to work with, and far more consistent than the GB/akosoy waxes.

i started using C3 about 8 years ago. Switched to gb for a more local supplier and have regretted every single case of it.

415 melts too easily even with added USA, so I can’t wick for great hot throw. 

444 is radically different from case to case. I have candles curing that mysteriously develop cracks that Cleve the candle in two inside the containers. Wicking is a total crap shoot too. My newest cases are 2-3 sizes different from my prior case. Who has time for that nonsense?

Well, I am ordering tomorrow, but decided against the pallet, probably getting 8-10 cases just to get me through spring.

Although, I am not at all unhappy with the 2017 wax(except for re-testing every single thing), I am a little apprehensive about ordering again. I wish I had the nerve to explore other waxes, I just can't imagine starting over, I pretty much did that last fall.

• 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, FB157 said:

@Lighten Up how did your cases of the 415 behave? I used 415 prior to all these soy wax issues and I'm finally out. Debating if I should even bother with soy again. 

The batch of wax I got in spring is quite similar to the pallet I got last fall. I've had to wick down across the board from previous years, but am still getting nice hot throw. The 2017/18 consistency is different from before, more creamy(filmy?) as opposed to oily, and pouring is fussier, lots of bubbles. But, I'm happy with my finished product.

I'm just about to order another pallet, so hopefully, no more surprises.

• Like 1