feedback on wick test please!

This is 6006 wax, 11 oz tumbler, Salty Sea Air FO from RE @ 8%.  I can easily reduce the FO to 7% on this scent.  

This is my 3rd, 3 hour burn with a CD 8 wick.  Is this too much hang up after this many burns?  The flame is great and the HT is right on.  I'm afraid a CD 10 would create a flame that is too large.  

I'd appreciate any feedback on how this looks and if a wick up to 10 is necessary.  Thanks!

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

Since that tumbler narrows you could end up ok.  I've also had it where it starts to burn to edge but leaves a ring of wax on top of the jar.   Only way to know is to keep burning this one as you are and I'd power burn one, like 8 hours straight and see what happens.

I would not judge that candle until the very bottom. An awful lot changes by the halfway point. The glass holds a lot of heat which causes the remaining wax to melt much more quickly and get very hot. You will likely notice the flame growing by mid point.

Your wick choice seems reasonable right now. 

Looks good from here but I would continue the burning all the way to the end as KK said.  1/2 way down the candle you are going to see a difference in the burning and that jar is going to get warmer thus will start melting off the residue of wax left on glass now.  Great job!

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

6 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I would not judge that candle until the very bottom. An awful lot changes by the halfway point. The glass holds a lot of heat which causes the remaining wax to melt much more quickly and get very hot. You will likely notice the flame growing by mid point.

Your wick choice seems reasonable right now. 

I'm happy to report after a power burn that the CD 8 is perfect!  The wax hang up melted nicely and it's a beautiful candle.  Hallelujah!!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

I'm happy to report after a power burn that the CD 8 is perfect!  The wax hang up melted nicely and it's a beautiful candle.  Hallelujah!!!!

Are you using the straight sided Libbey tumbler?