What is Hygge and how you can use it to sell more candles

LitUp

I did a search first to see if the Danish concept of Hygge had been discussed before but I didn't see anything - if it has and I missed it I do apologize. We hadn't heard of hygge until last fall, but since this we've fallen in love with it and make sure it tell all of our customers about it. It's a great conversation piece and we use it to increase our order size with customers. Hygge is a Danish lifestyle philosophy and one of the main aspects of it is burning candles. Not just one or two candles but a ton. We wrote a blog post that talks more about it and different ways that people can incorporate it into their life. I wanted to share it here and ask for feedback on the post it self since we are new to blogging and also to hopefully offer a tool to the community to help you sell more. Honest feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mod: Link removed. Self promotion. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2018 at 10:12 AM, LitUp said:

We hadn't heard of hygge until last fall, but since this we've fallen in love with it and make sure it tell all of our customers about it. It's a great conversation piece and we use it to increase our order size with customers. Hygge is a Danish lifestyle philosophy and one of the main aspects of it is burning candles. Not just one or two candles but a ton. 

...and also to hopefully offer a tool to the community to help you sell more.

Hi @Litup, yes, I see what you are saying from a sales and marketing perspective. I particularly like the line below, "The warm glow of candlelight is hygge.".

info from https://www.visitdenmark.co.uk/en-gb/denmark-hygge

Hygge: The Danish Art of Cosiness. Hygge is as Danish as æbleskiver and it goes far in illuminating the Danish soul. In essence, hygge means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. The warm glow of candlelight is hygge.