Kilgharrah -

So here is the soap I was going to name Dante's Inferno, but after cutting it, it just did not scream "inferno" to me, Dante's or otherwise! LOL 

However, I wanted to keep the "dragon" theme since it's a blend of Dragon's Blood and Cracklin' Birch. 

So, I decided to name it Kilgharrah (Points to anyone who knows who that is without having to look it up!!) 

Anyway, I love the name, and even though the soap didn't turn out like I wanted it too, I do love it. (I couldn't find my red oxide anywhere so I used Nurture's Really Red, and still got pink. I don't know how people get such a vibrant Christmas Red by just using that without a touch of oxide. I've never been able too!) 

Anyway, here it is, in all it's glory. 

In the mold - 

IMG-0771.thumb.JPG.60af3c3c9d920a851a3c4108ef0432f5.JPG

Right before the cut - 

IMG-0773.thumb.jpg.c4406d110af8bf215c0399eede4974cf.jpg

And finally, the cut and a close-up - LOVE the rivers I got. :D 

IMG-0774.thumb.jpg.1c330546523c1d2d9d82eb847474bff3.jpg

IMG-0775.thumb.jpg.587d56475b3762818b4ce2a109dd0ef3.jpg

• Like 6

Wow!! Like a volcano!! It looks fantastic!

I would never think to blend those two fragrances, but I bet they go really well together. Like a spicy sweet and smokey combo? I wasn't too fond of Smoke and Mirrors myself, I'm sure this smells way better. 😄

I don't know the name. 😔

Is it a dragon's name? I'm good with people names in real life, not so much with mythical creatures. 😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Wow!! Like a volcano!! It looks fantastic!

I would never think to blend those two fragrances, but I bet they go really well together. Like a spicy sweet and smokey combo? I wasn't too fond of Smoke and Mirrors myself, I'm sure this smells way better. 😄

I don't know the name. 😔

Is it a dragon's name? I'm good with people names in real life, not so much with mythical creatures. 😆

I HATED Smoke & Mirrors by itself, but man, as a mixer, it is one of my favorites.

I couldn't find my bottle of the S&M when I went to actually make this soap, so I used CB because I always heard it was similar, but it really is not. Not even close actually. 

I got NO smokey scent at all out of this cracklin' birch. The mix made more of a spicy, incensey, sweet smell. I like it - a lot, but it's not what I was going for for my "Dante's Inferno"... 

Kilgharrah is the name of The Great Dragon from Merlin folklore and fame. The minute I smelled the soap out of the mold and cut the slices and saw it, that name IMMEDIATELY came to mind, so that's what it gets called. 

• Like 1

Beautiful soap JCA!

I felt confident I knew what Kilgharrah was - a mountain/volcano, of course until I looked it up -- I was thinking Kilimanjaro!

So I don't really know who Kilgharrah is but I looked that one up too and think the name goes very well with your soap. 

So either I was not that good in geography or my memory is on it's way out -- probably a mixture of both!   :cool2:

11 minutes ago, Terry said:

Beautiful soap JCA!

I felt confident I knew what Kilgharrah was - a mountain/volcano, of course until I looked it up -- I was thinking Kilimanjaro!

So I don't really know who Kilgharrah is but I looked that one up too and think the name goes very well with your soap. 

So either I was not that good in geography or my memory is on it's way out -- probably a mixture of both!   :cool2:

Thank you! 

It's an uncommon name, and even in the Merlin/King Arthur folklore the name is not used very often. Most of the time, he is just referred to as "The Great Dragon".

When the series Merlin came out on BBC starring Colin Morgan I fell even more in love with the story because it was such a good show so tried to find out as much as I could about all of it. The dragon's name just stuck I loved it so much. 

When I cut this soap it literally is what popped into my head - immediately. So that's how this soap got it's name. :)

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 7:14 AM, Jcandleattic said:

Ah, thank you. Soap is always a mystery and I never know what I'm going to get until I cut it. :) 

Ya know, it's the same with candles (rustics, etc) the excitement comes with the de-molding process.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

Isn't it so good! (and corny - but good!) And Colin Morgan is my favorite. He is so cute! HA

I binge watched the show in only a few days.  Surprising how much of a show you can watch when you sit at a pc all day cause you can't really work.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:14 AM, Jcandleattic said:

Ah, thank you. Soap is always a mystery and I never know what I'm going to get until I cut it. :) 

ya know it is the same with some pillars........you follow all the directions but you really don't know what you have accomplished until you de-mold the product........and doing so is a '''high"".

• Like 1