Getting back into it

Jcandleattic

Made 5 batches of soap this weekend, and I think my Dante's Inferno is going to turn out better than expected. I'll know tomorrow for sure though. 

It's gelling nicely. Wish the scent was a bit better, however, it's not bad. I couldn't find my smoke and mirrors, but had a sample bottle of Cracklin' Birch so used that instead. I like S&M much better, but this worked in a pinch. 

I'll have some pics tomorrow. :) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LittleMissSunshine said:

I can't wait to see pictures!! 😁

I can't wait to get home to cut them. 3 of the batches were just repeats of popular soaps that I make all the time, so I won't be taking pics of those, they are posted here a couple times each, however I will post my Dante's Inferno, and my Green Sea Spa (even though the GSS will probably be boring as it is a 1 color - 1 trick - pony! LOL) 

I loved the top of the Dante's Inferno though, and got pics of it as soon as it was molded. Will post them as soon as I cut and will post all pics together. 

Good for you JC on making those 5 batches! I wish I had your enthusiasm!

Well, at least I master batched my lye solution today! I haven't made soap in months-- well except for a few beer soaps for my wholesale account. But this past winter I have been sitting on my butt just doing my winter market and not much else.

LOL I've got to get to work on my soapmaking! My other markets start next month plus I have a couple of spring craft shows coming up. I will be doing 3 markets a week so I need to get going. But its so hard to get out of this malaise!

10 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Good for you JC on making those 5 batches! I wish I had your enthusiasm!

Well, I looked and the last thing I made was the mermaid soaps I made for all those orders and the last batch made was in mid-October. 

I had to masterbatch oils just to do these and now I'm down to my last few ozs of masterbatch lye, so that will get done on Friday and I'll be making more this weekend. 

I have a few candle orders, so I need to get cracking and get those made as well. 

12 minutes ago, Candybee said:

But its so hard to get out of this malaise!

This roller coaster weather doesn't help I'm sure. We've had alternating 80 degree weather and snow for the last 2 weeks. One day 80. the next snow, the next nice and so on. 

4 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

This roller coaster weather doesn't help I'm sure. We've had alternating 80 degree weather and snow for the last 2 weeks. One day 80. the next snow, the next nice and so on. 

Exactly! This weekend it was in the 80's and now I't back to cold day temps and freezing temps at night in the 30's. Its just insane. The cold makes me want to do nothing or stay in bed.

2 minutes ago, Candybee said:

The cold makes me want to do nothing or stay in bed.

Same here on top of it being physically painful to me. I HATE cold/wind/winter weather. I can't wait until it's in the 80's and stays there. Of course here I don't have humidity to contend with so 80 is not bad. Don't think I could handle 80 where you are!! LOL

• Like 2

On 4/17/2018 at 4:50 PM, Candybee said:

Exactly! This weekend it was in the 80's and now I't back to cold day temps and freezing temps at night in the 30's. Its just insane. The cold makes me want to do nothing or stay in bed.

Lol same here, went to the market Saturday it was like 78 degrees. That night went outside for a smoke, about froze it dropped to 35 degrees and I woke up to a inch of snow the next day. Some weird weather. 

On 4/17/2018 at 4:53 PM, Jcandleattic said:

Don't think I could handle 80 where you are!! LOL

Not sure about Candybee, but I am in Virginia.

7 hours ago, Tokoo said:

Lol same here, went to the market Saturday it was like 78 degrees. That night went outside for a smoke, about froze it dropped to 35 degrees and I woke up to a inch of snow the next day. Some weird weather. 

Not sure about Candybee, but I am in Virginia.

Yup... that same evening the temp dropped to freezing! I went outside to and ran back indoors. Didn't want to freeze my tushee!

I'm in Virginia in the northern Shenandoah Valley. I live about 80 miles from DC. Used to live and work there for years until I got smart and moved to the valley here. I am about a mile away from the Skyline Drive in the National Shenandoah forest. I live within walking distance to the Shenandoah river.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

I live within walking distance to the Shenandoah river.

Nice, I never been up that away but always wanted to visit the Civil War sites up through there. I live on the VA/KY border of VA, this place is so behind the times lol. 

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

Anywhere where the humidity is on average above 25% is too humid for me. LOL 

I agree I hate how humid it gets here. About July I start feeling it, I been trying to get my girlfriend to move up to Canada, or Alaska, anywhere cold is fine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tokoo said:

Nice, I never been up that away but always wanted to visit the Civil War sites up through there. I live on the VA/KY border of VA, this place is so behind the times lol. 

I agree I hate how humid it gets here. About July I start feeling it, I been trying to get my girlfriend to move up to Canada, or Alaska, anywhere cold is fine. 

Yeah. I pretty much live on sacred ground. Its all about the civil war here, lots of history. Stonewall even fought a battle here in town. He was a hero in these parts.

That humidity we get is off the gulf of Mexico. The moisture is pulled off the gulf and blankets the entire eastern seaboard and southern states all the way to New York and beyond. It's like an all summer long steam bath. Ugh! Just stepping outside you want to run back in and take a shower. Being in the humidity makes you get all sticky and sweaty and you stay that way all day and night. Wouldn't you know I work outdoors at 3 markets in the summer. By the time I get back home I feel like a sticky sponge ready to be squeezed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iansmommaya said:

Don't move to Minnesota.

Anywhere east or south is out of the question! 

I think CO and AZ are about the only places I can live that low enough humidity rates for me. LOL 

Even parts of CA are too humid for me. LOL 

23 hours ago, Candybee said:

Yeah. I pretty much live on sacred ground. Its all about the civil war here, lots of history. Stonewall even fought a battle here in town. He was a hero in these parts.

That humidity we get is off the gulf of Mexico. The moisture is pulled off the gulf and blankets the entire eastern seaboard and southern states all the way to New York and beyond. It's like an all summer long steam bath. Ugh! Just stepping outside you want to run back in and take a shower. Being in the humidity makes you get all sticky and sweaty and you stay that way all day and night. Wouldn't you know I work outdoors at 3 markets in the summer. By the time I get back home I feel like a sticky sponge ready to be squeezed.

I should come visit with my husband haha. He is a huge history buff. This year for his birthday we are going to a war machine history museum lol. 😂

Maine is pretty nice. Summer gets pretty humid, but it's rarely *too hot* to bear. On a really hot day just drive 10min to a lake or two hours to the ocean and that'll cool you off real quick haha! And Spring and Autumn are beautiful. Winter lasts forever though lol.