Heya from Illinois

JoeyG

Happy I found this forum. There seem to be lots of forums dedicated to soap makers, but not too many for candle making.

What's your name? Joey

How old are you? 61

Where do you live? Southern Illinois

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Off and on since around 2013

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? My son and I create Silicone Molds for Candles, Soaps, etc.

Hello! 
I'm a bubble head so I can't really help ya much on the candles BUT... If you wanna know how to burn soap I could probably help ya out with that! 

Welcome! :D 

Slainte, 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JoeyG said:

Thank you all so much for the kind welcome!

And looks like a couple from Georgia. My son and I lived in Norcross for about 5 years... still miss it.

I live in NW GA now, but lived around Atlanta for several years.  I lived in Norcross right off Jimmy Carter, then Duluth, Snellville, and finally Sewanee.  Loved it most of the time but so glad to be away from the nightmare that is Atlanta traffic!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Hello! 
I'm a bubble head so I can't really help ya much on the candles BUT... If you wanna know how to burn soap I could probably help ya out with that! 

Welcome! :D 

Slainte, 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

Well... you show me how to burn some soap, and I'll show you how to torch a candle... LOL

Pleasure to meet you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rhoops said:

I live in NW GA now, but lived around Atlanta for several years.  I lived in Norcross right off Jimmy Carter, then Duluth, Snellville, and finally Sewanee.  Loved it most of the time but so glad to be away from the nightmare that is Atlanta traffic!

Yeah... gotta admit, I don't miss the traffic at ALL. We were on Beaver Ruin Road... right down the road a piece from Jimmy Carter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Scented said:

Welcome to the board!! How fun it must be to make molds. Do you make them for yourself or for sale? 

Heya Scented... thank you kindly for the welcome.

And yes, it actually is fun making molds. After spending years trying to find fully 3D silicone molds without any luck, we finally decided to try it ourselves. We now make them both for ourselves, and for sale. We've also created a modular process for making the molds that will allow us to insert what we call 'multipliers' between the end caps of the mold. This increases the number of cavities by the original number. So say you wanted a 4 cavity taper mold. With 1 multiplier it would become an 8 cavity mold... with 2 multipliers a 12 cavity mold... and so on.

• Like 1