Lainie23

Ratio for aroma beads

I’ve read that the ratio used is 1/4 fragrance to 3 cups of beads. I did this and it seemed very wet! So I added more beads until it didn’t look so bad. Or is this how it’s supposed to be until they dry up? 

It depends on the oil how quick they dry, some almost overnight and some a week or so.  Spice like cranberry marmalade seems to dry almost overnight while florals can take much longer.

I use BCN's beads and use a 4:1 ratio.  2 ounces of beads and 1/2 ounce FO.  Or 1 ounce of beads to  1/4 ounce FO, etc.  I am not sure about the 3 cups thing.  I go by weight.  

Sometimes it takes a while for the FO to soak in.  Some of them might take a couple days to a week.  

Edited by pcbrook

I start out with a 4 to 1 ratio except for leather and leather blends. Leather seems to take forever to soak up and it's my biggest seller. Even at a smaller ratio I sometimes have to add a few more beads after a week to 10 days if they're still very wet. It also depends on where you get your beads. Aztec, NG and Cajun's beads all take longer to soak up most fragrances in my opinion. They're also bigger beads. The smaller ones from BCN or Aroma Beads online seem to soak up faster.

What exactly is the 4/1 ratio? I’ve read different things and all it has done is confused me. I have used beads from aroma online and they soaked up fast but scent was very strong nor did it last long. This time I got my beads from ng 

4 parts aroma beads to 1 part FO.  I go by weight.  So for example: 2 ounces beads with 1/2 ounce FO.  2 divided by 4 is 1/2.

Little buggers can be frustrating!  The more you shake them, the quicker they absorb but like everyone said, some scents are just difficult. Keep the jar somewhere that you pass several times a day and shake.  I do same as Belinda and add more bead if after a week they are still wet.  I could be imagining this but it seems if I add dye they take less time to absorb, may just be the scents I used with dye??

On 4/14/2018 at 11:54 PM, Lainie23 said:

This time I got my beads from ng 

Do you think the ones from NG soak up as fast as aroma beads online? Theirs seem to take longer because they are the bigger beads in my opinion. I'm having trouble getting leather to last in my beads right now. I don't know what's going on. Aroma beads changed their beads recently so I'm not sure if it's that or the leather FO isn't any good that I've been using. Other scents seem to be fine though.