My First Pillar Candle!

Hopie

Okay, so I've done it. Here is my first pillar candle, as well as my first use of paraffin wax. I like the way it turned out, put a lot of thought into how I wanted it to look....but wasn't sure just how this would turn out! It's scented with Frankincense & Myrrh. What do ya think?

IMG_20180404_142321.jpg

• Like 5

You have mastered the RUSTIC look..........keep them coming :-)

Frank and Myhrr..........OMG... beautiful candle and exotic scent......you are well on your way to a new experience..........keep them coming.

Edited by Pam W
  • Like 1

Thanks, Pam. I was pretty nervous about getting started..physically that is, lol! Mentally, I thought it all out and went by the guidance that I got here on Craft Server! I really appreciate the help! There certainly will be more to come, I have most of the week off for the time being, until we travel again in June...we're only working Sundays right now. LOVE IT, time to PLAY! 

Hey, you have 2 months to explore your creativity and share with us.  FYI:  If you get a wild hair and pour something that comes out disgusting to you, all you have to do is remelt that sucker  OR burn it for yourself because if it comes out ugly, that doesn't mean it won't smell good.

Definition of Ugly:  Not exactly what you were going for.  I've poured many candles that I thought were absolutely ugly but when friends stop by to grab a ''freebie'' candle, they always choose what I consider ugly.  So I've changed my opinion of my ""ugly"" candles to ""UNIQUE" and take pride in what I have created.  I have friends that call me and request candles/ lotions/sugar scubs and don't even specify what scents they want == they just leave it up to me to provide them with something unique.....now, that's what I call a friend!! (especially when they allow me the creativity to formulate something special just for them)

The pics below are some of my early candles - back when I didn't know anything:  The purple candle below, I poured when I was tipsy!!  The other two, I gave a lot of thought to and was happy with the end product.

It's been a long time since I poured any of this type of candle but your "newbie" enthusiasm has inspired me to get back to what I love.

If you want some real special candles to drool over, search the gallery for candles made by Donita...she was my inspiration when I first got the bug!!  The first pic is of some of Donita's candles--rustic, layered and mottled in various shapes.5ac6f623765d8_Variousshaps.jpg.d27c0a551999efe206cd2cf9a0d0a4d8.jpg

5ac6f2fc5e697_DragonFire.jpg.80118984e9eeb6173b0f0f91f80edab8.jpg

Green Rustics.jpg

Layered Rustic.jpg

• Like 1

Holeeeey SMOKES, these are gorgeous! I love every one of these! Both of you are very talented! Love Donita's set, as well as the lines in the purple one, and yessss....earthy rustics! My goodness, I need more waxxxxxxxx! :lol: