Hacked---AGAIN! Anyone else?

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

How in the heck do people even

know how to do this and why 

I guess I'm just naive:( 

I know. Its mind boggling to me to. But you know there are people out there who will do anything for a buck and don't care who they steal from. If I were smart enough to be a comp geek or hacker I'd be employed in a high paying tech job or working with the FBI instead.

• Like 1

There is no way it was caused by malware because I have malware software and my husband is also IT and I had mine stolen without ever opening an email of theirs. So there is more to the story and the fact that they acknowledged this going on for a while really bothered me. I won't be ordering from them anymore.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smellywax said:

There is no way it was caused by malware because I have malware software and my husband is also IT and I had mine stolen without ever opening an email of theirs. So there is more to the story and the fact that they acknowledged this going on for a while really bothered me. I won't be ordering from them anymore.

Same here. First time ever used their site, I run a adware and malware scanner every morning, because I do a lot of downloading. I never open any emails, unless its something important, I check tracking on websites not emails, so therefore I know it couldn't have been mal-ware, but it seems they have had this issue more then once.

6 hours ago, Candybee said:

I know. Its mind boggling to me to. But you know there are people out there who will do anything for a buck and don't care who they steal from. If I were smart enough to be a comp geek or hacker I'd be employed in a high paying tech job or working with the FBI instead.

Funny I've always said this exact 

same thing. They can take that 

knowledge that they have and 

put it to good use and actually 

have a high paying job. 

Obviously they get "paid" way 

more stealing. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Candybee said:

If I were smart enough to be a comp geek or hacker I'd be employed in a high paying tech job or working with the FBI instead.

I'd be the next "Penelope Garcia" from Criminal Minds. HAHA

Further to this problem, I know who everyone is talking about, and I normally purchase through my paypal account. On the 1 or 2 occasions of not using PP, I took a chance and ordered with my cc anyway, but luckily (knock on wood) nothing nefarious has ever happened that I know of. 

I did get hacked a few weeks ago for the 1st time but did not use this site.  I had assumed it was a supplier because it was right around the same time I made an order, but it turned out to be more local. So for safety I now use the pre-paid CC's to order online. It sucks but getting hacked sucks worse.

I'm considering  getting a pre-paid CC that I can load a certain $ amt onto and using that for internet purchases instead of using my debit or credit card for said purchases.   If there isn't enough $ on the prepaid card to cover the purchase, it will be rejected......being retired and living on SS, I don't have the funds to make scammers happy!!  And I do resent scammers cutting into my FO funds!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The company in question has deleted their original FB post about the "email breach"--likely b/c it was filled w/ comments from angry customers who were hacked.  And their responses were not necessarily gracious to people.  Many people were questioning their "malware" blame, and also how they handled/ignored the issue when people questioned them for months.  The whole thing is a PR mess--and they aren't really making it any better.  Sad.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2018 at 9:28 AM, kandlekrazy said:

It's been a yearly thing with our personal acct as well.  It sucks, doesn't cost us anything but it's a hassle to go through it.  I was told it's rarely, rarely the supplier you purchase from that it's most likely their website ordering system is not secure enough and hackers are getting your info.

Last Nov our business account was hacked and not by cc or debit they used our actual acct # and routing # to order almost $5k in gift cards.  It took us over 3 months to get that $ back in our acct after reporting the fraud.  Took hours of my time to fill out forms, go back to the bank 6 times just for that and then keep checking with them to see if refunded.  $5k out of a business acct hurts!!

Karen, I  believe you are right about the websites ordering system is not secure because the company I use ESET right up to this very minute will not let me access Aztec as they say it is not a secure site so it is blocked and I don't even go on it.  So therefore I have not ordered from Aztec in quite a while.

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Karen, I  believe you are right about the websites ordering system is not secure because the company I use ESET right up to this very minute will not let me access Aztec as they say it is not a secure site so it is blocked and I don't even go on it.  So therefore I have not ordered from Aztec in quite a while.

Trappeur

It's weird they are still having problems since they just upgraded their entire system including their payment software. 

I have been so lucky. I don't order from them frequently, but the few times I have, I have never had any problems. I have also not ordered since they upgraded their site last week.

18 minutes ago, scrubzz said:

I had my identity stolen once - my credit score went up 100 points 

Those thieves gave you good credit! At least something good came out of it! LOL - (sorry, not funny, but you know what I mean) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, scrubzz said:

I had my identity stolen once - my credit score went up 100 points 

That's nuts.
In that case, now would be a good time for someone to steal mine.  My credit score just nose dived about 40 points.

I was hacked from this company 2 times already .The most recent was on June 15th of this month .I just received my third new debit card from the bank. It has caused numerous problems in my account .I suspect it is a female .I had charges on my account from Loreal ,Christian Dior ,Banana Republic,Nike & more. I called Nike & the order placed was for women's shoes .This is very frustrating & takes so long to get bank account back on track. I refuse to use my personal debit card with this company ever again. It is illegal to steal our money ,yet nothing is getting done to resolve the issue . I think it is a employee doing the hacking . I see they have a new website as of Tuesday .I would love to catch the person committing this crime .I did not contact the co as of yet ,figured it will not do any good .I will use PayPal ,or a prepaid card in the future . I am sorry for all of us that have been thru this, just awful .It ties up our money & takes so long to get our bank accounts back to normal .They got me for over 2 grand ,counting the two times this occurred .It happened in May & again recently June 15 .I am sure there is a way to catch the person responsible for this ,just have to do some detective work .I certainly intend to try. I have called Loreal,B republic ,Nike etc....to try & get a shipping address ,as to where the purchased items are being delivered .I was able to stop 2 transactions so far .This has me furious & determined to catch the theif . I am not the type to let this go & determined kwim. 

I'm so sorry Kat!   Just horrible....I hope everything works out for you and you get reimbursed for every transaction they made.  Just curious....did they tell you the actual address of the 2 transactions of where the goods were going to that were made?

How someone could do that is just unthinkable!  I hope this person gets found and goes to jail....

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I'm so sorry Kat!   Just horrible....I hope everything works out for you and you get reimbursed for every transaction they made.  Just curious....did they tell you the actual address of the 2 transactions of where the goods were going to that were made?

How someone could do that is just unthinkable!  I hope this person gets found and goes to jail....

Trappeur

Thanks Trapp! I do want to catch the hacker ,if any way possible. I called Nike & a few of the other companies ,thinking I could get the shipping address. I did not have any luck . The emails did not match up with the orders .I finally told the companies ,I was hacked online . It is really hard to get anything done .I was able to stop a couple of the pending transactions from going thru . The bank does not hold me responsible ,however it complicates my account & waiting on new cards is inconvenient .I am now waiting on my third new debit card now. 

I am getting a bit obsessed with trying to catch the person responsible for this .

I just found this topic yesterday, unbelievable how many members here that have been hacked. I can only imagine how many more of their customers,this has happened to. I am going to keep calling the companies until I get an address . I get the run around & these companies do not seem very concerned . I guarantee they would be , if  it were there personal bank accounts .

I did learn my lesson ,never ever again will I use my debit card online . Sad because I order so much from them .I just hope PayPal does not get hacked ,I have heard of this in the past . Pretty bad when a person is scared to buy supplies right . 

I am not going to give up on finding the responsible party to this issue . 

• Sad 1

On 3/28/2018 at 5:26 PM, Pam W said:

I'm considering  getting a pre-paid CC that I can load a certain $ amt onto and using that for internet purchases instead of using my debit or credit card for said purchases.   If there isn't enough $ on the prepaid card to cover the purchase, it will be rejected......being retired and living on SS, I don't have the funds to make scammers happy!!  And I do resent scammers cutting into my FO funds!!!!!!!!!

I agree totally about using a pre paid card . I was just hacked by this company again a couple of weeks ago . I am really trying to get a shipping address from the merchants the items were purchased from. This would reveal the person responsible for the hacking .I have called Nike , Christian Dior ,Gap ,Loreal & more. I used my PayPal last time ,however afraid this could happen to my PayPal & empty my account . It's so sad we have to fear buying supplies .The hacker got me for over 2 grand . This is illegal & a felony crime . I am so wanting to catch the theif that's is doing this . 

We just had someone go for an international flight off our debit card and it was associated with one of three businesses. The bank's guess was Aztec's site because of the International attached to it. We've not had problems with this company in the past so I'm guessing it happened during site transfer if that was the case, but we ordered from two other places as well and need to have these places check the security of their sites. 

Just be sure to check statements, but the problem with a debit card is they aren't as secure as one would hope.