Hello from Arizona

Hopie

What's your name?  Hope

How old are you?  58

Where do you live? Currently, Lake Havasu City, AZ and wherever else we park it! (we're full time RVers!)

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever?  Off and on about six years

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever?  I've always loved scented things, so I started to make them for myself.

Are you married? Any kids?  I have a dude, and my only son is almost 40

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do?  We're traveling vendors and we sell ladies tie dye clothing, hand dipped incense, fragrance oils. We do outdoor events like street fairs, county fairs, and various marketplaces wherever we travel. I thought I'd get back into making candles again. I used to sell some on ebay and some to friends/acquaintances. Formerly, I sold items on Ebay and Amazon for 13 years and shipped over 30,000 items in that time period.

It can be a challenge to do crafts in an RV, but I manage to do it. My challenge is getting one thing completely done, depleting my oils down to a level that I have the space to buy more and move on to the next thing. Right now, I have a long line of incense drying under the motorhome (it's 34 feet long), and hopefully, I'll have it all bagged and tagged in time before the candle supplies I ordered arrive :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 10:14 PM, Hopie said:

Thank you all for the kind welcomes B)  I look forward to browsing the sight, reading posts and gaining and sharing more knowledge.

Sharing experience is a '''high'' to most of us.........keep asking questions will keep us on our toes.............I absolutely love the questions from Newbies

• Like 1

We had a motor home for several years but since DH has had a couple of strokes, 4 open heart surgeries, etc...I didn't feel comfortable with him driving long distances even tho he was a truck driver for his whole career.......so we sold the motor home and basically retired.  (But all that said, I can imagine producing candles in the RV environment and traveling to different shows in different states)  

15 hours ago, Pam W said:

We had a motor home for several years but since DH has had a couple of strokes, 4 open heart surgeries, etc...I didn't feel comfortable with him driving long distances even tho he was a truck driver for his whole career.......so we sold the motor home and basically retired.  (But all that said, I can imagine producing candles in the RV environment and traveling to different shows in different states)  

Yes, I can see for safety purposes that you would not want to travel any more, and I would not chance it when your husband has had medical issues, I hope he is doing well now? 

We did 8,000 miles last summer, so we decided not to do the grueling show route this summer, that's why we'll be hanging out in Prescott, Sedona and Williams this summer. Time for some FUN, as we worked like borrowed mules all this past winter. 

David keeps looking at properties lately, so whatever he wants to do in regards to another property is okay with me....I just hope he doesn't find one FAST, LOL! I just LOVE our freedom right now. Can't wait to get "on the road again" :)