looking for recommendations on specific scent types

wcgxxx

hey all ! one of the markets I will be selling at are having themed days such as strawberry festival, peach day, red white and blueberry, apple festival, haunted (halloween) and thanksgiving market. I was wondering if anyone has a favorite scent they use and sells well that goes along with any of the above themes. thanks in advance! 

For the Peach festival:   Aztec's Georgia Peach is pretty gold as Gail said.  But my go to Peach that I sell to shops is CS " Peach Nectar" that I have been using for years.

You could blend Peach Nectar with a vanilla and that is wonderful too.

Another great one which has become a number one seller in all the shops I sell to is an "Orange Creamsicle"

Fragrance Buddy's "Creamiscle" is great.

I just ordered a couple weeks ago Fillmore's "Orange Creamsicle" and I'm liking it the best out of all the orange creamsicles I've ordered.  I find it a bit more creamier and a tad more of the vanilla comes through.

For the Strawberry Festival:

If you want a great plain straight strawberry Flamings "Sweet Strawberry".  Actually I just lit mine now.  Love it.

Another great one is Bittercreeks "Strawberry Jam"

For the Apple Festival:

CS:  Mac Apple - definitely recommend this one!

Backwoods:  Mac Apple is another winner.

CS:  Apples and Maple Bourbon is great

CS:   Apple Harvest is great

Indiana:  Apple Strudel

A blend I do is Apple Strudel(Ind) mixed with Strudel and Spice (CS)

I would do a cider too.  

For the Blueberry Festival:

Bittercreek:  Their Blueberry Muffin is spot on.

Trappeur

• Like 1

What I would do if you already have a bunch of scents is just do renames for the events.  So if you have an Apple scent, call it Apple Orchard or Fresh picked apples for the Apple event and then change the name to Bobbing for Apples for Halloween.  You can do same with Strawberry or Blueberry just come up with catchy names and people buy for the name. I probably have a dozen scents I change names for seasons but I don't do events.  You can even customize for the Event's name.   Any pumpkin or spice you can change to a Halloween or Thanskgiving name.  I do love Witches Brew pretty sure mine is RE and Candy Corn from The Candle Source.   I sell a ton of Monkey Farts and everyone says they are buying for the name not the scent.  I also do a line with my City's name on it because we are a vacation spot and my travelers love them to bring back for gifts. 

• Like 1

CS Strawberry Shortcake is awesome in candles!

For apple themed a popular scent is CS Apples & Maple Bourbon, MacIntosh Apple, or Harvest Apple. I believe NG has Nana's Apple Butter, and any apple pie or cinnamon apple would work.

Halloween is C&S Candy Corn, or Witches Brew, don't remember who carries it but Hayride. Don't forget pumpkin scents like CS Pumpkin Souffle, C&S Vanilla Pumpkin, BW Pumpkin Gingerbread and Pumpkin Cappuccino.

• Like 1

I like the CS Apple Harvest and CS Macintosh Apple as well.

CS Blueberry Cobbler is nice. It's a little lacking on the cobbler,IMO, so blending with a bakery scent like CS Snickerdoodle, Cake, or Lemon Pound Cake might be interesting.

I saw an apple butter FO somewhere but can't remember where. That would be nice for both the apple festival and Thanksgiving themes. Now that I think about it, there is an apple and pumpkin FO out there somewhere... RE Apple & Pumpkin Strudel, all the apple pumpkin Yankee dupes, NG Apple Pumpkin Butter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 8:22 PM, PeggyK said:

I'm very late but I have had great success with Nana's Apple Butter from Just Scent (though not an apple pie which I still yearn to find or mix on my own)

Awww! It was Just Scent that has it! Kept thinking it was NG. Yes Nana's Apple Butter is really strong and spicy and worked well in my candles. Makes a great apple scent especially for the fall season.

I do a lot of 'apple butter' festivals in the fall and apple related scents are a must have in October.