Testing without FO

Depends on the FO. Testing without the FO will help you find the right ball park re wicking your candle. It will also help you understand how the wax performs w/o fragrance. Then when you add a FO you can see how it performs and make a wick change based on that if needed.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

Like Candybee said, it all depends on the fo. Some I need to go up 1,2 sometimes 3 sizes. Others I need to go down the same. Testing without fo has helped me to recognize changes between lots of wax and has saved me a ton of $. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Candybee said:

Depends on the FO. Testing without the FO will help you find the right ball park re wicking your candle. It will also help you understand how the wax performs w/o fragrance. Then when you add a FO you can see how it performs and make a wick change based on that if needed.

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Like Candybee said, it all depends on the fo. Some I need to go up 1,2 sometimes 3 sizes. Others I need to go down the same. Testing without fo has helped me to recognize changes between lots of wax and has saved me a ton of $. 

So if I’m understanding this, after I’ve finished my testing, and hopefully found wicks that will work in my container, with my wax without FO, that becomes my baseline. My next step would be to try it with a FO and then wick up or down accordingly, assuming the FO worked well with my wax/wick combination. Also I need to keep a detailed written record of all this along with a photographic record. Well if that’s what it takes then that’s what I’ll do, but I may have to start a candle business so I can write off the cost of all this testing.