Uneven burn pillar palm wax candles

Hello!  I posted about this several years ago but thought I'd repost for new insight: I continue to struggle with uneven burning palm wax pillar candles.  Randomly a candle will burn nicely straight down the center, but this is rare.  I use feather palm wax from Lone Star Candle Supply, fo, PK wicks and a small amount of palm steric/candle.  Any ideas??   Thank You!  Lianne

When you say uneven are you talking about the sides being uneven or the burn being uneven as one side is thicker than the other? And do you wick your candles to leave an outer shell or to fully consume the candle?

If your candle is wicked so that the sides burn down they don't always burn down evenly in my experience with palm wax pillars. Typically with too big a wick you get a blow out with palm. If you wick to leave an outer shell you should be slightly underwicked and the shell should remain during the life of the candle.

I used to wick mine to fully consume the candle and the sides were never even as the candle burned down.

Candy, thank you so much for your reply.  I wick to leave a shell and don't experience blow outs. 

On rare occasion the candle burns straight down with a perfect circumference, which is why I'm perplexed as to why it doesn't always do that.  Pix of how they burn...

candle burn 1.JPG

candle burn 2.JPG

Looks like the wick may be a bit on the large side. Did you try to wick down one size? To leave a shell you want the sides to between 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Wick for 1/4" thickness and see what you get. If it's thicker wick down, if its 1/4" or slightly thinner that would be perfect.