old suppliers?

Sunday

C&S has been around about 19 to 20 years. Chemessence has been around about 34 years. International Fragrance & Technology was founded in 2003. Candle Pro ... you'll have to reference this company? Is it the ones that sell the plate tops for candles? Likely that was a mid-ish 2000 start up. Royal if you are referring to Royal Aroma started in 2006 but really started pushing itself possibly with a lot of blogging in 2013 ... I think blogging was probably the in thing then. 

Not familiar with Willowoods. Not really that familiar with a few of these. 

43 minutes ago, Sebleo said:

Candle Pro is Natures Garden.

Ahh always a wealth of information :D OK so let see if I can test you even further...Did they changed their name to Natures garden in 1997 or did they start as candle-pro in 1997 and if so what year did they become natures garden...I can always contact the company but this is more fun

Has anyone ordered from Chemessence ....how are their fragrances?

Found some info on Royal Aroma but it looks like they custom fragrances for customers 

The reason I'm asking all these questions is that I got a huge load  of fragrances and some appear to be quite old...not sure how they will do in wax...not even sure how long fragrances last?

I would have to say they started as Candle Pro in 97 and changed the name later. I got into making candles in roughly 2007 and the website was Nature Garden but the oils came marked candle pro. It was confusing. Up until a year ago or so you could type in candlepro.com and it would still take you to nature garden but not anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Sebleo said:

I would have to say they started as Candle Pro in 97 and changed the name later. I got into making candles in roughly 2007 and the website was Nature Garden but the oils came marked candle pro. It was confusing. Up until a year ago or so you could type in candlepro.com and it would still take you to nature garden but not anymore. 

Thanks Sebleo, Thats Great...interesting that they continued using candle pro packaging ...I really would never have figured it out!

I got over 275 lbs of fragrance oils  from a chandler closing shop so if they're still viable it will be a treat!!

24 minutes ago, Sunday said:

Thanks Sebleo, Thats Great...interesting that they continued using candle pro packaging ...I really would never have figured it out!

I got over 275 lbs of fragrance oils  from a chandler closing shop so if they're still viable it will be a treat!!

All of their labels still say candlepro.com  even the bottles I just got in. Now the bottles themselves are printed with nature garden, but, the label they print to note the fragrance has candlepro. So, your oils may not be old at all.

All of their labels still say candlepro.com  even the bottles I just got in. Now the bottles themselves are printed with nature garden, but, the label they print to note the fragrance has candlepro. So, your oils may not be old at all.

wouldn't that be wonderful....looking at everything I have I imagine some items are maybe 8 to max 12 years old. wonder if that is still an OK shelf life for fragrances .?

I was worried that I may have to repackage the oils into new bottles ( I was more concerned about the age of the plastic containers than the oils...I don't want any big leaks) 

Now what do I do with 20lbs of licorice scent :laugh2: 

2 hours ago, Sebleo said:

Hmm, I started making candles in 1997 and NG was one of my first suppliers, and I've always known them as NG and I've never received bottles of FO with Candle Pro on them. (at least I don't remember them ever coming that way, but honestly, I think I would remember that? Who knows these days what I can/cannot remember! LOL) 

This is interesting. 

1 hour ago, Sunday said:

looking at everything I have I imagine some items are maybe 8 to max 12 years old. wonder if that is still an OK shelf life for fragrances .?

Smell them. If the don't smell off, they are still good to use. I have some oils that I KNOW are at least 10 years old that still smell the same as the day I bought them. However, I have had others that have gone off in less than a year. 

Trust me, your nose will tell you if they are no longer any good. 

6 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Smell them. If the don't smell off, they are still good to use. I have some oils that I KNOW are at least 10 years old that still smell the same as the day I bought them. However, I have had others that have gone off in less than a year. 

Trust me, your nose will tell you if they are no longer any good. 

That's great news JC . I don't have a very good nose but I will definitely give them a good sniff ....I was going to purchase some amber plastic bottles and repackage some of them...not sure how long a plastic bottles with fragrance in them would last.?

4 minutes ago, Sunday said:

That's great news JC . I don't have a very good nose but I will definitely give them a good sniff ....I was going to purchase some amber plastic bottles and repackage some of them...not sure how long a plastic bottles with fragrance in them would last.?

I keep mine in the bottles they come in. I know some change them to the glass amber bottles, but I don't start worrying about changing out the bottles or using up the scent until the bottles start sucking in on themselves. Once they do that, to me that's an indicator that the plastic is breaking down and needs to be changed/used. 

22 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Hmm, I started making candles in 1997 and NG was one of my first suppliers, and I've always known them as NG and I've never received bottles of FO with Candle Pro on them. (at least I don't remember them ever coming that way, but honestly, I think I would remember that? Who knows these days what I can/cannot remember! LOL) 

This is interesting. 

The bottles are printed with nature garden on them, but check the sticker where they list the name of the fragrance oil.  It has candlepro.com on it.  (That used to redirect you to NG website, but not anymore)

Edit...for the record...I have no clue if they were ever called candle pro. I have only seen it on the labels.

Edited by Sebleo

That was my concern a number of the bottles are quite misshapen ...shipping on glass bottles is too expensive so I thought I would order some plastic amber bullet or Boston round bottles. There are also some fragrances in big metal drums that I thought might be better to be out of there......I need a wack of bottles

1 minute ago, Sebleo said:

The bottles are printed with nature garden on them, but check the sticker where they list the name of the fragrance oil.  It has candlepro.com on it.  (That used to redirect you to NG website, but not anymore)

I'll have to check when I get home, but now that you mention that it's on the sticker, I seem to recall it being there. :)

I was devastated when Old Mill, Tradewinds, Flicker, and Moonworks all closed down!

Interestingly thou, Old Mill's FOs went to Tony's, then Southern Scents, then Pure Fragrance Oils with something else inbetween. But PFO only carries a scant few of the original oils.

Fortunately, Flickers went to EBB and many of my favs are still there.

Moonworks oils are all over the place as many where duped because they were so popular.  Its good thou that many are still available if you know where to find them.

Tradewinds just finally went poof! after a couple years of its owner trying to stay in the biz. He just couldn't do it though because of his cancer. It was very sad. TW had some of the very best FOs I have ever used and its a shame he didn't sell the oils to another company. They are still open but only sell select shades color for soap now. And don't know what happened to the original owner but its been taken over by someone else.

Edited by Candybee

2 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Willow Woods had some amazing oils.  I was bummed when they closed up shop years ago.

I was so sad too!  Willowwoods was located in western PA.  A small but amazing business and customer service. 

What was sadder was the owner had MS and she just couldn’t run her business anymore.  

I was hoping she would sell her formulas to another supplier but I guess that never happened.  

She had the best oils...amazing dupes too.   I was never dissapointed with any of them.  

Another thing she did was charge the EXACT cost of shipping.   

I truly miss that company. 

• Like 1

does anyone recognize these fragrances...Some of the bottles clearly displayed the manufacturer..others not so much.

please let me know if you have used them ? ...or even remember them ...had any success in soy wax or soy blend. THANKS !!

almond biscotti
amber white - royal aroma
apple oak - candles & supplies
apple peel - bittercreek
baby powder- candles and supplies
bay rum - royal
bergamot & basil - bittercreek
bergamot blossom - royal
bergamot & basil- 
blackberry & thyme
cabernet sauvignon - Natures garden
cappuccino - candles & supplies
cappuccino brulee - Bittercreek
caramel latte - 
caramel pecan - 
carnation - bittercreek
cedar wood - bittercreek
chocolate & cinnamon - royal
chocolate syrup - Bittercreek
cinnaberry brulee - 
cinnamon sticks -
cor de rosa (a chunk of label is obscured so this is a spelling guess)
country spice - candles and supplies
Dark chocolate - Royal
dulce de lechee - 
english garden - royal aroma
eucalyptus & aloe
fresh linen - natures garden
gingered maple - willow woods
glazed pumpkin cheesecake -
grandmas kitchen - candles & supplies
grapefruit (ruby red) - Natures garden
grapefruit cocktail - Royal
green tea - Natures garden
honey - chemessence
hot chocolate - bittercreek
hot cocoa bittercreek
irish mocha - 
Juniper breeze - bittercreek
Lavender & rain
licorice - chemessence
mandarine slice - willowwoods
melon mist - natures garden
milk thistle - 
noel- 
pineapple smoothie -
sage & citrus- royal
sage leaf- Natures garden
sandlewood -
sea salt & kelp -
sorbet -
spiced chai tea -
spiced cranberry -
sugar cookies - candles and supplies
sugared rhubarb - willow woods
sun ripened raspberry - bittercreek
tangerine - international fragrance & technology
tobacco - bittercreek
Tropical blast - natures garden
vanilla velvet - bittercreek
verbena -
very vanilla - bittercreek
white tea & ginger - 
ylang ylang - bittercreek
zen -

2 hours ago, Sunday said:

fresh linen - natures garden

Let me preface by saying I only have ever used paraffin, I don't work with soy. 

Fresh linen is SUPER strong in my candles, so much so, I have to drop down to only using 1.5-2% per pound in my wax, and even that can get overwhelming. 

melon mist - natures garden

Could not get this to throw in my wax no matter what I tried, but is an awesome scent in CP soap. 

Tropical blast - natures garden

Used to be one of my best sellers in candles, but I got so sick of it, that I quit pouring it about 4 years ago. I still have 1.5lbs of it, that I really should just put in wax and soap. 

I've never tried any of the others on your list. 

Thanks JC and Sara S, it helps knowing even a little bit about the scents....perhaps I will have to learn how to make CP soap:)

Sounds like a great haul though!!

it was a great haul Sara and I'm tickled pink thinking about all the fun I'm going to have...it was a bonus that came with two commercial melters...and I'm really excited to use it...and them.

• Like 1