Clamshell Wax Not Popping Out

Almost threw in the towel on this whole candle/clamshell business, yesterday.  You may have read the post where I posted a picture of frosting occurring in some of my clamshells.  I decided to add the recommended 1/8 tsp. of UV inhibitor to a pound of wax to see if that would stop the very visible frosting.  Nothing else changed when I made these new clamshells except this was a new batch of Maple Street clamshells, and I poured at a lower temp to help with the frosting.  Poured them last week.  Was testing to make sure they would pop out of the package, a few days ago, but they wouldn't budge.   I use a blend of 464 and the old Ecosoya PB and never had this problem.  Made another batch adding more PB this time and tried popping them out, yesterday.  No luck.  Even though I'm trying to avoid frosting which can occur if they get cold, I cooled a few of them in the frig.  Still wouldn't release.  

Some questions I have:  Do you expect the wax to pop out of your clamshells?  Do they pop out without getting them cold?  Do you use a mold release?  

GoldieMN

If I buy a clamshell I expect at least one cube to be able to pop out. I wouldn’t put them in the freezer even if it were my personal made ones- maybe I’m just lazy. My melts sit right next to my warmers and I don’t want to mess with getting them to use. I just want to pop a melt in while walking by etc.  I also don’t take the entire bar out of the clamshell and break off a cube- I know some do it that way. I just push up on the bottom of a cube while holding the top to break a cube free then just pop it out and toss into the warmer. 

There has been so much changes noted with soy waxes maybe that is the root cause of your troubles? Was the case(s) you’re using a new lot? I wouldn’t imagine the clamshell to be the cause since they are either pvc or poly if I’m correct- not sure which Maple Street uses. 

Not sure if this helped at all but I figured I’d chime in with my two cents. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barefootgirl said:

If I buy a clamshell I expect at least one cube to be able to pop out. I wouldn’t put them in the freezer even if it were my personal made ones- maybe I’m just lazy. My melts sit right next to my warmers and I don’t want to mess with getting them to use. I just want to pop a melt in while walking by etc.  I also don’t take the entire bar out of the clamshell and break off a cube- I know some do it that way. I just push up on the bottom of a cube while holding the top to break a cube free then just pop it out and toss into the warmer. 

There has been so much changes noted with soy waxes maybe that is the root cause of your troubles? Was the case(s) you’re using a new lot? I wouldn’t imagine the clamshell to be the cause since they are either pvc or poly if I’m correct- not sure which Maple Str my eet uses. 

Not sure if this helped at all but I figured I’d chime in with my two cents. 

Thanks for responding.  It is always good to hear what others do.  I check my clamshells before selling to be sure they will pop out.  I just thought that customers expected that. ;) In the past,  if I got a stubborn one, I would put it in the frig for a few minutes.  But I don't keep any of them in the frig--personal or retail--either.  

Yes, I've been dealing with the wax from hell for over a year now with my jars but didn't have problems with clamshells.  I guess I will just up the Pillar Blend.

GoldieMN