I should probably introduce myself...

I've already posted in here a couple times since I joined a few weeks ago, but I never really introduced myself haha. Sorry about that everyone! So rude of me. *shudder*

Here goes! My name is Sara. I'm a stay-at-home mama to two beautiful girls, 9 years old and almost 1! I got into this hobby last Fall and just kind of dove in head first. I was going to just do candles, but I ended up getting into M&P soap, scrubs, bath bombs, and I decided to start doing CP soap soon too. All in just a few short months! (My poor husband...lol.) I just love it all so much. It can be hard to find the time to make with a baby, but I even just enjoy reading and learning everything there is to learn about all of these different products. They're slowly starting to take over my house too, as I'm sure many of you can relate to. For now I'm still learning the ropes, but I really hope to eventually turn this into a full-fledged business. 

A lot of you are really inspiring and I feel like I can learn a lot from you! 

Oh and I almost forgot! I am from Maine. :) 

Edited by LittleMissSunshine
  • Thanks 1

Welcome! Glad you could join us here! It's a great forum.

It is so easy to want to make ALL the products. I was backwards from you, though. I started with CP soap. Started playing with M&P and other bath products, solid perfumes etc. Then, I graduated to candles as a means of using up FOs that didn't sell in bath and body applications. You know, the  "No one is buying this blueberry muffin soap, but I bet they'd love it in a candle" idea! So much $ and time invested, but it's fun and brings me joy.

I read a lot about the different types of soap-making before deciding on M&P. Mostly I decided because it seemed simpler and I was also worried about having lye around the baby and animals and everything. But after seeing how just absolutely stunning some peoples' CP can be, I decided I have to give it a try! And I know that I just have to be careful and keep it out of reach....just like sharp kitchen utensils or anything else. I haven't made my first batch yet, but I will soon. It has been a lot of money so far already, but I love it so much! My husband has given me a budget every month. :lol: I'm okay with that! I definitely agree that it just feels worth it because of how much I love it. 

Welcome to craftserver! Glad to have another addicted crafter join us! I hear ya about the lye thing. It bothered me a lot and I don't have kids (or baby) around the house. I think what others do is wait til they have that time alone to work with the lye. I do know this, you have to be able to give your full concentration when working with it. So no kids or pets in the work area until you're finished! If you can manage that you are halfway there!

Absolutely agree @Candybee. I do most of my 'making' at night anyway when the kids are in bed and hubby is home to be there just in case I need him or the kids need him or something. I will definitely be doing that with soap. I am still trying to figure out WHERE I will be doing soap...I do everything else in the kitchen, but I don't want a spare little lye crystal to get lost on the kitchen floor where a crawling baby could find it. I'm thinking either basement or outside when it gets warmer.