FO Suggestions for GW 464

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 2:51 AM, Trappeur said:

On 4/3/2018 at 2:51 AM, Trappeur said:

Yes it was straight 464 and yes I would use the same wick for blending of 464 and 4630 Sunday.

thanks  Trap!

On 3/21/2018 at 5:44 PM, delle928 said:

I just checked ... figures I didn't use any 16s. I used a CD 12, a CD 14 and an HTP 105. That's what I get for looking up the recommendations online instead of waiting for advice from you guys. Ugh. Well, I guess I can always melt them down and re-pour them with 16s. There is so much conflicting information online. You'd think you'd be able to trust the companies themselves or the suppliers to tell you pretty accurately which wicks to use with which wax/size/type of candle. I have yet to find one chart that gives me the same information I've gotten from anyone who actually makes candles. I initially ordered a bag of 100 ECO 14s based on what I read on a guide and they're just sitting in a drawer. I need to find a container that they'd work well in. Sigh ... ;)

Delle, you know what you should do when testing?.....Pour your jars WITHOUT any wicks in them.   After the wax has hardened, take a skewer and push it down through the middle of the wax.  Then take whatever wick you are going to test, cut off the metal end so you only have just the raw wick and now push that wick into the candle you just used a skewer on.  Now either use a hot gun and melt the top of the candle so the wax fills in the gap  around the wick or if you don't have a hot gun use a hair dryer to melt the wax or pour some more wax on top of the candle and it will fill in the gap. .  Now after you've done all the above, let the candle cure and then light.  If the wick is not the one you choose for that candle and want to try another wick, just pull that wick out and insert a new one.  No need for melting your candles anymore like you used to.

Trappeur

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 11:04 PM, Trappeur said:

Delle, you know what you should do when testing?.....Pour your jars WITHOUT any wicks in them.   After the wax has hardened, take a skewer and push it down through the middle of the wax.  Then take whatever wick you are going to test, cut off the metal end so you only have just the raw wick and now push that wick into the candle you just used a skewer on.  Now either use a hot gun and melt the top of the candle so the wax fills in the gap  around the wick or if you don't have a hot gun use a hair dryer to melt the wax or pour some more wax on top of the candle and it will fill in the gap. .  Now after you've done all the above, let the candle cure and then light.  If the wick is not the one you choose for that candle and want to try another wick, just pull that wick out and insert a new one.  No need for melting your candles anymore like you used to.

Trappeur

That's what I do...thanks to an earlier post.  And make notes of which wick you put in.  I have switched them out, and didn't make a note of it...then it was back to square one!

11 hours ago, Gary in Canada said:

That's what I do...thanks to an earlier post.  And make notes of which wick you put in.  I have switched them out, and didn't make a note of it...then it was back to square one!

I hate when that happens... sometimes I get lazy and use a sharpie which wipes off glass too easily. Those are usually the perfect burns too 🤣