Flaming order

Forrest

As I’ll be going to FC to pick up wax in a few weeks I thought I should check out their selection of FOs and save on shipping. Less shipping means more money for oils. So I made list of the FOs I might want to try. I thought I would ask the board if any of you have experience with any of these. I’ll be putting them in candles of 6006 wax. If you have recommendations for FC FOs I would love to read them.

25:43

Black Ginger & Bamboo

Black Ice

Blackberry Sage

Botanical Orchard & Nectar

Egyptian Amber

Floral Muse

Glowing Amber Fragrance Oil

Lemon Lavender

Mulberry

Patchouli

Pomegranate Noir

Red Currant

Supernova

Tarocco Orange

Tiare Flower

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

I think JC and Trappeur use Flaming. I haven't used any before but wanted to say your selection sounds nice.

Nope, not me. I've never ordered from Flaming, but you are right, the selection does sound nice. :) 

On your list the only ones I have are the 25:43. It smells great out of the 1 oz size bottle. I don't know how it compares to Lush. 

Black Ice ... don't know how it compares to what the actual car air freshener smells like. It must not have impressed me enough to get on the ball and do something with it. I need to find it and reconnect with its smell. It wasn't a bad smell ... just I cannot compare it to anything because I'm too small town that our Walmart doesn't have it. 

Edited by Scented

6 hours ago, Forrest said:

As I’ll be going to FC to pick up wax in a few weeks I thought I should check out their selection of FOs and save on shipping. Less shipping means more money for oils. So I made list of the FOs I might want to try. I thought I would ask the board if any of you have experience with any of these. I’ll be putting them in candles of 6006 wax. If you have recommendations for FC FOs I would love to read them.

Black Ginger & Bamboo

Black Ice

Blackberry Sage very nice, the sage makes the blackberry not too sweet, I haven't put it in wax but it is great OOB 

Egyptian Amber

Floral Muse

Lemon Lavender I was disappointed, it's a weird combo to me, I don't like lavender though, so that may be the problem, lol

Mulberry

Patchouli

Pomegranate Noir

Red Currant

Supernova this is my teenage daughter's favorite fragrance, she loves it in her shampoo and conditioner - it is light and fruity with a very clean musk base. It's amazing in soap,and incense, but a light thrower in wax

Tarocco Orange

Tiare Flower

Those are the only ones on your list that I have tried, but I love Flaming's oils overall and am always pleased with my orders with them. The Woodland Foliage is a wonderful earthy and green scent, if you like outdoorsy fragrances. Killer throw!

I adore their Golden Rum, it is insanely strong and mixes well with so many fragrances, it's sweet but potent, and definitely smells like top shelf golden rum!

Their Blue Sugar is also super crazy strong, but I have to be in the mood for that one. It's sweet but not girly in the slightest, nor is it a food type, I can smell the similarity to Pink Sugar but it's a little darker. I love this one so much in incense, I got an 8oz bottle just for my use.

There are lots of other great ones I'm sure! @Trappeur turned me on to Flaming, so hopefully she has more feedback for you!

I also use their HTP wicks, they are the best I've used, IMHO! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Testing123 said:

@Forrest  how did the fragrances turn out for you?

I have been wick testing and haven't put much in wax. I did a few melts and loved Black Ginger and bamboo but not the Red Current. Black Berry Sage is my favorite, great throw and great scent.

• Like 2

Ya know, you should always have a bottle of Patch on hand.......it can be blended with soooo many other FOs to give a nice throw.......once you get into blending (which will come soon because one day you'll get a wild hair to pour something different....patch, musk and amber should always be on hand to compliment many other scents)  Mix that red current with patch and see what comes out.......that said, I'm one for blending various FO just to see what happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pam W said:

Ya know, you should always have a bottle of Patch on hand.......it can be blended with soooo many other FOs to give a nice throw.......once you get into blending (which will come soon because one day you'll get a wild hair to pour something different....patch, musk and amber should always be on hand to compliment many other scents)  Mix that red current with patch and see what comes out.......that said, I'm one for blending various FO just to see what happens.

Pam, what is your starting point for how much patch to add to a second scent?  I'm thinking < 25% since it is meant to compliment more than take over the scent.  

9 hours ago, Pam W said:

I love blending FOs. I always start by blending melts. If I purchase an FO that I don't like I'll try and fix it before I give up on it.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:56 AM, Paintguru said:

Pam, what is your starting point for how much patch to add to a second scent?  I'm thinking < 25% since it is meant to compliment more than take over the scent.  

25% is a good starting point......you can pour some melts to test the blend, if it isn't what you want, you can a little more patch......it's all about what the scent throw gives your pleasure........if you like what you have, then go for it but if you think you'd like a little more patch then do another small batch with a high % of patch........it's all about what you like...........kwim?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 12:54 PM, Forrest said:

Black Ginger & Bamboo

Black Ice

Blackberry Sage

Egyptian Amber

Floral Muse

Lemon Lavender

Mulberry

Patchouli

Pomegranate Noir

Red Currant

Supernova

Tarocco Orange

Tiare Flower

I just made some melts with the Tarocco Orange last weekend and that is a FANTASTIC scent!!!  Very fresh and true orange scent--love it.  The Lemon Lavender is a different story.  When I went to my candle making journal and found the entry for a test candle with that scent all I wrote was "this stinks-don't buy this again".  There you have it.  I'm glad I keep notes and reviews on scents or I'd forget which ones are stinkers.  :lipsrsealed2:

• Like 1

My favorite fo from FC is Eucalyptus and Spearmint--it is divine and I love it more every time I use it.  It's a great seller in my 6006 candles and my Ky melts.

#2 seller is Tobacco and Caramel

#3 is Karma.

All are fabulous in their own right.  Just sayin'

13 minutes ago, lightmyfire said:

My favorite fo from FC is Eucalyptus and Spearmint--it is divine and I love it more every time I use it.  It's a great seller in my 6006 candles and my Ky melts.

#3 is Karma.

I must try that

I think FC does a great job with the Lush dupes. Maybe I'll try their Karma, because I wasn't impressed with NG's.

@lightmyfire, I had the same experience with Lemon Lavender. I have a daughter who loves lemon, and a daughter who loves lavender. I thought I'd have the best of both worlds and make everyone happy! Boy was I wrong! 😂😂

On 5/30/2018 at 6:12 PM, lightmyfire said:

#3 is Karma.

I'm shocked how well Tobacco and Caramel smells.  I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me.  It is very complex and rich feeling.

I'll have to try your other two.  E&S sounds very fresh and clean, which are nice to have.  

I have used quite a few FC oils , the most notable and popular being a layered scented candle using their  patchouli  and frankensense and myrr  scents which I named “Peace, Love and Patchouli”. Both blended well and have a strong but not overpowering cold and hot throw- easily one of my favorites! I currently have about 12 different scents from FC and every one has been pleasing all the way around. 

• Like 1