Best vanilla and other strong scents

Skk5233

Are there other places you are typically getting your scents? 

I cannot help you with vanilla. For whatever reason I just can't pick that scent up in my sense of smell so I just have stayed away from it, unfortunately. I'd love a good strong true vanilla so I hope others will post. 

I have found that most true, straight vanillas are fairly soft and fleeting by nature.  That's just the nature of vanillas.  They are not barn-burner scents like most florals, for example, which can be smelled in the next zip code. ;)

Now if you get a good vanilla blend, they can be pretty strong.  Creme Brulee or Birthday Cake, for example.  I used to use Creme Brulee from Bluegrass.  I could smell that one through half my house.  And cinnamon vanillas, or hazelnut vanillas, etc - nice and strong.   I also used to love Peak's Vanilla Passion.  I think it may have been a vanilla-floral blend?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only vanilla themed FO I have is the vanilla musk one from nature's garden. I really like it, decently strong (have not tested in candles, though) but it's not a straight vanilla. Can definitely identify the vanilla scent when smelling it, but the musk effect is prominent, too. If you have tried typical "man smells" types of FO's, then it's basically like vanilla, with a hint of "man smell" but not in a bad way. Like a touch of more sensual cologne, not abrasive or sharp. I mix it with a tiny bit of their fireplace FO in potpourri and it makes this very sensual, rustic vanilla scent. I use a tiny bit of birch tar for a little rustic smokiness when wanting the mixed scent to wear.

Edited by NaughtyNancy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Candybee said:

To me a strong vanilla is French Vanilla. I think of it as vanilla on steroids.

Agreed.  

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

My go to vanilla for years is CC Vanilla Voodoo.

That is a really good one.

11 hours ago, Scented said:

Are there other places you are typically getting your scents? 

I cannot help you with vanilla. For whatever reason I just can't pick that scent up in my sense of smell so I just have stayed away from it, unfortunately. I'd love a good strong true vanilla so I hope others will post. 

I have Used lone star abs Aztec also

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I personally don't like a straight vanilla (like vanilla extract) type of scent. For me I am in love with the creamier type scents, like Vanilla Silk from NG or similar scents like that. 

I like Creamy vanillas too! I may try that one too! Thank you! 

I have been on a journey to find the "perfect" vanilla, and that is what actually got me started, and now addicted to fo's lol.  I love the french vanilla Camille Beckman hand cream, and have been trying to find a replacement for years.  The closest I have found is Vanilla Snowflake from AH.  It's a rich buttery, sweet type of vanilla.  So many vanilla's tend to have a chemical note to my nose, so I've leaned more to the bakery vanillas, but it is a hard one to find, and I'm picky with my vanilla scents.  I do love Vanilla Voodoo from CC, but I like it better in wax than in my lotion.  I've also tried Vanillary from FB and bescented, which seem to me to be a more upscale type of vanilla.  I don't like a lot of the french vanillas out there, and I'm working on mixing some scents together to get a good combination if possible.  Everyone's nose and tastes are different which always intrigues me.  Daystar's Buttercream Frosting is a wonderful vanilla scent, but again I like it much better in wax, and not in lotion, it has a strange note in the lotion application.  Some of the Birthday Cake fo's are really good as well, Peak and AH have wonderful birthday cakes (but only in wax). Toasted Marshmallow from AH also seems to have quite a vanilla scent to me also.  Sorry for the long post- but I too have been on the hunt for the perfect vanilla!

• Like 1

My favorite vanilla for almost 9 years has been Very Vanilla from Candlescience.  (for soy candles)

I also like Vanilla Bean Noel.  I have Flaming Candle's VBN now; have also bought it from Indiana Candle Supply.

58 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I forgot another vanilla I like to use is Vanilla Lace.

Oh yep, love love vanilla lace...I had forgotten about that one.

Didn't you always say the you love C&S Vanilla Pods Candybee?   I always remember that (I think it was you).  I have never ordered from C&S, but one day I'll get that oil.

Trappeur

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Oh yep, love love vanilla lace...I had forgotten about that one.

Didn't you always say the you love C&S Vanilla Pods Candybee?   I always remember that (I think it was you).  I have never ordered from C&S, but one day I'll get that oil.

Trappeur

Used to get it my Vanilla Lace at CS. Unfortunately they no longer carry it. Vanilla Pods from C&S is also a nice vanilla! One of the best I have ever used.

Edited by Candybee

15 hours ago, Candybee said:

Used to get it my Vanilla Lace at CS. Unfortunately they no longer carry it. Vanilla Pods from C&S is also a nice vanilla! One of the best I have ever used.

I've been using the Vanilla Lace from RE, it's fabulous. I never smelled the one from CS to compare though.

I have a small bottle of Vanilla Noir coming from WSP. I was so pissed when BBW stopped carrying it years ago, that's actually what prompted me into buying bulk lotion bases and eventually making my own. Loooove that fragrance, this one I keep all for myself. 😉