A chat transcript discussion I just had with Candle Science

Here is a copy of a chat transcript I just had with Candle Science I thought I would post because I am so ticked off.  I placed an order this morning b/4 they opened up for business and realized I had forgot to order a small 8oz bottle of Christmas Hearth.  This just makes my day....not good.  I never realized that we had 15 minutes to possibly edit or cancel an order.  Well now I do.  I ordered b/4 they even opened for business and called and called right away when they opened up for business at 9:00 and still couldn't change my order.

Trappeur

• at started on 23 Feb 2018, 02:03 PM (GMT+0)
    (02:03:27) *** Visitor 71332935 joined the chat ***
    (02:03:27) Suzanne Meyers: Hello, I need to change an order I just submitted within the past 1/2 hours
    (02:03:33) *** Amanda joined the chat ***
    (02:03:41) Amanda: Hi Suzanne!
    (02:03:45) Suzanne Meyers: Good morning amanda!
    (02:03:53) Amanda: If you click on the My Account button you can Edit or Cancel your order!
    (02:04:18) Amanda: Actually, I just pulled up your order and it looks like it shipped already
    (02:04:24) Suzanne Meyers: I don't see where I can do that....one sec
    (02:04:29) Amanda: This means changes can no longer be made. I'm so sorry
    (02:04:45) Suzanne Meyers: Omg...how could that ship????I just placed it 15 minutes ago?
    (02:05:16) Amanda: It looks like you placed the order at 8:14 this morning. Our warehouse does move very quickly since we guarantee same day shipping for orders placed by 4
    (02:05:38) Suzanne Meyers: Can you help me please...I need to order 8oz of christmas hearth and just can't pay an extra shipping.
    (02:06:03) Amanda: Unfortunately, I do not have a way to waive shipping fees. Shipping is charged for all orders placed with us. I'm so sorry
    (02:06:14) Suzanne Meyers: Surely this order hasn't left your facility in 45 minutes....
    (02:06:42) Suzanne Meyers: I understand about the shipping. I just want to add 8oz of christmas hearth to the order. can you help me please.
    (02:07:05) Amanda: Your order is already loaded with USPS and is no longer able to be changed. We do not have a way to pull that back. I do apologize, but we do have to process orders quickly or we would not be able to do same day shipping
    (02:07:50) Suzanne Meyers: So your saying that within the 45 minutes my order was process, and has already shipped????
    (02:07:56) Amanda: That is correct
    (02:08:18) Amanda: Your USPS tracking number is 9405510200793678105936 and you will see updates on that tracking within 12 hours
    (02:08:50) Suzanne Meyers: This is unbelievable.....so what do you have usps come to your warehouse many times each day to pickup orders?
    (02:09:13) Amanda: Orders are shipped throughout the day due to the number of orders that are processed
    (02:10:25) Suzanne Meyers: geesh.....this is just horrible so now I have to pay a big amount to ship 1 little bottle of oil because my order was processed and shipped all within 45 minutes...it's just very hard to believe that.
    (02:11:16) Amanda: Orders can be edited up until the point that they are processed and shipped. Unfortunately, once an order has shipped, there is nothing we can do to change that. If we did not ship orders same day the process would be very different and you would have more time to change orders
    (02:14:27) Suzanne Meyers: I understand that. It's just so hard to believe that all this could be done in 45 minutes and me not being able to add something I forgot to order. So you have many trucks that come there daily. It says on your site that if you order by 4:00 (the deadline) it will still go out the same day. So I assumed you had 1 pickup a day....This is very interesting..thankyou for telling me this. I don't think many chandler on the Craftserver forum I belong to knew this. I will have to update them. Well, this just is horrible. Thankyou for your time.
    (02:16:31) Amanda: I am so sorry for any confusion. For further clarification, please know that all orders are processed very quickly. An order has a guaranteed 15 minutes for changes to be made before the order is shown to the warehouse. After 15 minutes the warehouse can see the order and process it.
    (02:16:53) Amanda: All of our ordering and processing is on an automatic system, meaning, we do not process or enter anything by hand.
    (02:17:10) Amanda: As orders are processed, they are loaded onto pallets and then the pallets put onto trucks and shipped.
    (02:17:46) Amanda: Once a tracking number is assigned, it is no longer possible to make changes, again, much of this goes to the volume of orders being processed and our promise to get everything out the door same day.
    (02:18:07) Amanda: If the warehouse waits to process orders, we would never get things shipped by the end of the day
    (02:18:53) Suzanne Meyers: ONe more note, I have been trying to call you since I realized that I had forgotten to order the Crackling firewood right after I placed the order and no one picks up on the phone. Even at 9:05 no one picked up the phone so I couldn't change my order. Maybe you should put this on your site so others understand. Sorry to ramble on but I am just so disgusted~ How was I to know that I had 15 minutes. So by ordering online at 4:00 in the morning I have 15 minutes even at that time?
    (02:19:13) Amanda: I just saw we missed some calls, we are on, would you mind trying again so I can make sure phones are working?
    (02:19:42) Amanda: I'd be happy to discuss this over the phone with you as well, as I certainly understand your frstration
    (02:20:07) Suzanne Meyers: Oh, the phone rings but the recording comes on that you don't open till 9:00 and it was 9:05 and no one picked up as I wanted to add the oil to my order .
    (02:21:06) Amanda: I saw your last phone call came in right at 9 so that may have been part of the issue was the phone system coming online. I do apologize. We are available though if you would like to call. Your order did ship at 8:40 so it still could not have been edited
    (02:22:11) Amanda: Oh, sorry wanted to re-address the 15 minute thing
    (02:22:21) Amanda: This is completely dependent on how caught up the warehouse is
    (02:22:39) Suzanne Meyers: So one more question....If I order anytime after you close or all through the night, I can't edit or cancell any order unless it is done with 15 minutes? Is that correct.
    (02:23:15) Amanda: For example: orders placed on Monday mornings, typically have much longer to possibly edit the order as the warehouse is catching up on all the orders from the weekend. Orders are seen by the warehouse after 15 minutes but they could have much longer before they are processed. It all depends on volume of orders and how many people are working for the day
    (02:23:30) Amanda: If you order at night, you have all night to cancel or edit your order
    (02:24:05) Amanda: Weekends are the same, the only exception, is due to high volume, we have had some warehouse employees volunteering to work Sunday afternoons to help clear orders so that Monday mornings are not so rough on our staff
    (02:24:28) Suzanne Meyers: What is the deadline in the wee hours if an order is placed to edit an order?
    (02:25:28) Amanda: Again, that will go to how caught up the warehouse is. They usually start processing orders between 6:30 and 7:00 AM. Pickup orders get moved to the front of the line and then freight orders, followed by USPS orders, followed by UPS orders.
    (02:26:10) Amanda: 15 minutes is your guarantee then the rest is up to volume and some to the day of the week (Mondays, usually more time, end of the week, usually less time)
    (02:26:36) Suzanne Meyers: ok, well thankyou for your time. Have a good day.
    (02:26:56) Amanda: My pleasure. And I apologize we missed your call :( Thank you for chatting with me.
    (02:28:15) *** Suzanne Meyers left the chat ***

NAME Suzanne Meyers
    EMAIL Campcreekpines@yahoo.com
    PHONE
    LOCATION Blue Ridge, United States
    URL https://www.candlescience.com/reimbursement_requests/new?order_number=R504978010
    DEPARTMENT
    SERVED BY Amanda
    RATING None
    COMMENT

Are you using Zendesk Chat yet? Sign up free today

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  

•  
    To
    •  
      Campcreekpines@yahoo.com
    •  
      Chat Transcript
    •  
    CC / BCC

Show Original Message
    Send

Edited by Trappeur

I doubt it left but once they put the shipping label on they don't want to void that label and start over.  I get it, but a little customer service would be nice.  Then again, I wonder how many calls/chats of this type they get?  IDK playing the devils advocate here, lol.  I've been less than pleased with CS lately and it makes me sad since they were one of my very first suppliers and I still use them today (although I only use about 5 fos from them now)

• Like 1

That is one well oiled operation. Information system Automation is good and bad. We expect our orders to ship quickly, but it takes a lot of wiggle room out for us 🙁

i would love to see videos of their operation. Aromahaven did this and it was amazing. Very helpful to understand why things are the way they are. 

Hey Trappeur,

When our warehouse team arrives in the morning, their priority is to process all open orders to meet our same-day shipping guarantee. You can see the warehouse team in action as they process orders in this 1 oz. sale recap video: https://www.candlescience.com/2016-1-oz-fragrance-sample-sale-thank-you

The work by our dedicated warehouse team and the automated systems we've put in place ensures that we meet this guarantee for all orders, no matter the size or destination. 

Unfortunately, this does mean there is a limited window for customers to edit an order. 

Once again, we apologize for the confusion and hope this sheds a little light on our shipping operations. 

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Edited by candlescience
  • Like 3

I'm sorry, but I've worked in a successful online business in which we had same day shipping and have received such calls myself in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced atmosphere. 

In this circumstance, with the customer trying to add something within 15 minutes (!) of placing the order, imo, the order should have been pulled and repacked.  It's really NOT that big of a deal, truly.  A little pain and inconvenience, yes ... but if the company is not so backed up as to process an order within fifteen minutes, then they should certainly have the time to make a consideration for a repeat and loyal customer.  Cancel the label for goodness sake, put the additional purchase in the box and redo it.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

I'd send her a bottle of something free.

I agree. A bottle of Christmas Hearth would be a lovely gesture

In my humble opinion. I agree ,

15 minutes really isn't a big deal

i could see & understand if it was hours later though. That would be 

understandable.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern at Candle Science:

You certainly have a great operation, very organized and well run.   Thankyou for putting up the video for all to see. 

To start off,  your oils are truly some of the finest out there in the candle industry that I love.   I consider high end wonderful throwing fragrances and I have never ever had a problem with them. I have always recommended your company and have always made suggestions of  oils that I have purchased to others and for the most very proficient in ordering and shipping immediately.   I really have no problems except once in a while shipping charges but it is what it is with any manufacturer as far as shipping prices go of which we have no control of.  I do understand that.  And I realize that Amanda who I spoke with yesterday is just an employee who works for CScience and she has rules that are set up that she must abide by.  I have taken all this into consideration.   I just wanted to express my feelings as to what happened yesterday and explain the reasons behind my thoughts.

In all honesty in this situation after I realized I had forgotten a little bottle of oil and tried to get it added to the order of which I was told I couldn't, I really thought to myself that those were just words said to me as I felt being that my order wasn't a big one, I was more of an inconvenience to your company and it was too much also an inconvenience to cancel the label, reprint a new label and pull the order and add the forgotten oil.   Maybe if my order was large enough to make it worth your time, maybe it could have been done...I don't know.   I understand with such a big operation as Candle Science is, everything is processed in a very orderly manner.   But you know...if that was me answering the phone and talking to a customer such as me, I would have walked away from my desk, gone to a person in charge and tell them of the little incidence here that has happened and suggest to the person in charge that they just ship out that little bottle of oil and don't charge me for shipping just for the sheer purpose of great customer service or credit me just for the shipping.  That is what I would have done.  Anything is possible and can be done in any company and I consider that as a cost of doing business and keeping a good customer satisfied.  Although my order was not a large one, I'm sure that there are plenty of customers out there who order in small amounts and if you add up all the small orders that CS receives, it adds up to quite a bit and we small companies keep the big ones going in business.    Great customer service goes a long way.  As it was told to me per the chat manuscript above, I had to put through another order for the little 8oz bottle of oil and pay more in shipping than what the oil cost.  What could I do?  Nothing....so I placed that order. If  I didn't need this oil for a client of mine who I have been using the Christmas Hearth for years, I would have ordered it from another company that I had also just placed an order with and their Christmas Hearth is almost a dupe of CS Christmas Hearth, but I just couldn't take a chance with this one account of mine and switch out oils as she knows her fragrances.  So I had to have your particular oil.  So I did have to order that little 8oz oil from CS and pay more in shipping than what I paid for the oil.  What's done is done and we move on.  The extra shipping I paid for this oil is not going to break my bank, and I'm not trying to get anything for free here, believe me, but for principle sake and great customer satisfaction all I'm saying it just sure would have been nice to hear that "we appreciate  your business and we value your continuing business, so we are sending out the oil to you at our expense of no charge for shipping".....that's all...Wouldn't that have been a nice thing offered to me?  Yes....my answer would be ...and In my mind I would have thought "well, there are still a few companies out there who actually care about their customers....what such a nice thing they did!"

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

And I will continue to order from Candle Science.

Trappeur

• Like 3

@Trappeur @candlescience I worked for a retail business for a number of years.  The owner was always pleasant until there was a problem with a product.  It got to a point that our good customers didn't want to deal with her and stopped shopping at the store.  She still doesn't get it as she keeps losing business.  I grew up working in my parents grocery store from the time I was 10 years old.  We were taught "the customer is always right".  I realize Candlescience might be afraid of opening a can of worms, but they could have said "we will send you a complimentary bottle" and then look at their "15-minute window".

GoldieMN

• Like 2

I thought about this scenario some more after reading about it and it bothered me for a few different reasons.  Trappeur, that is a very nice letter and I think it's safe to say that we all know you are not here to try to garner support for some kind of special advantage with the company or to scold the company.  In my eyes, you were not treated kindly.  Yes, you messed up in not having your order complete at the time of purchase or in assuming that in a short amount of time that you could add to it.  However, I do not take that as you "being confused" and for the company to apologize to you for being so is a insult. 

Also, the fact that the phone lines were not on promptly plays into this in a way that is conflicting with the attitude of the company that they are "Johnny on the spot."  They tell you that they "missed some calls," and then asked you to try again to make sure the phone lines were working? 

"I just saw we missed some calls, we are on, would you mind trying again so I can make sure phones are working?"

I am curious if you order was shipped in a Flat Rate box and if there was room for another item.  I'm with you on that this is not to "pick" on the company, but let's face it, they spent more time chatting with you and making excuses than they would have spent to fix your problem and from a customer service standpoint, that is not good.  They have made the priority "fast service," but that is not everything and there are truly other things that are important to the customers who don't care how fast something is shipped.

• Like 1

This is the first time in my life I can recall people bitching and complaining about speedy service.

Everything comes with a price. Other suppliers don’t permit you to change your order AT ALL let alone provide the 15 minute window. I think we’re getting this blown out of proportion.

Having worked for large manufacturers and distributors I understand there are limitations written into the software to ensure business processes are streamlined. If a box is already shrink wrapped on a pallet on the truck it is ridiculous for us to expect them to break down that pallet to find one box. Let’s be real here.  Multiply this one isolated incident with the hundreds of orders that come in a day and suddenly they’re not meeting delivery requirements. Then everyone will moanand groan that candle science is too slow.

Procedures must be adhered to in order to protect the business. The customer service person was simply following orders for her position.

I’m sure they would welcome a look at their procedures along with a nice price increase to offset the new costs and losses. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

This is the first time in my life I can recall people bitching and complaining about speedy service.

Everything comes with a price. Other suppliers don’t permit you to change your order AT ALL let alone provide the 15 minute window. I think we’re getting this blown out of proportion.

Having worked for large manufacturers and distributors I understand there are limitations written into the software to ensure business processes are streamlined. If a box is already shrink wrapped on a pallet on the truck it is ridiculous for us to expect them to break down that pallet to find one box. Let’s be real here.  Multiply this one isolated incident with the hundreds of orders that come in a day and suddenly they’re not meeting delivery requirements. Then everyone will moanand groan that candle science is too slow.

Procedures must be adhered to in order to protect the business. The customer service person was simply following orders for her position.

I’m sure they would welcome a look at their procedures along with a nice price increase to offset the new costs and losses. 

This ^^^

I just placed an order with one of my EO suppliers.  I forgot an EO and contacted the company right away.  They were able to add it, but if they hadn't, it would have been okay.  I don't expect to be able to add to an order once it's been processed.  We live in a different world now where everything is electronic.  Back in the day, we could have added to our order that we would normally would be waiting for A LOT longer, right? :lol:

It's just the way things are, and one of the costs of doing business is absorbing our mistakes.  It's really on us to make sure we are keeping accurate inventory records and making sure we have our order lists double checked before we order.  (Ask me how I know LOL)

It's a bummer that this happened, but I really don't think CS is under any obligation to do anything.  

Edited by ComfortandJoy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ComfortandJoy said:

...  It's a bummer that this happened, but I really don't think CS is under any obligation to do anything.  

We all make mistakes and we all typically hope for a chance to correct them if possible, even my silly typos! 

But, when I read this part of Trappeur's story:  "I have been trying to call you since I realized that I had forgotten to order the Crackling firewood right after I placed the order and no one picks up on the phone. Even at 9:05 no one picked up the phone so I couldn't change my order" ... then it appears as though there has been a mistake on both ends of this ... not just the customer forgetting something.   If there were orders being processed, then imo the phones should be attended to, or at least messages checked, but according to what I've read, neither of these things occurred.

14 hours ago, birdcharm said:

We all make mistakes and we all typically hope for a chance to correct them if possible, even my silly typos! 

But, when I read this part of Trappeur's story:  "I have been trying to call you since I realized that I had forgotten to order the Crackling firewood right after I placed the order and no one picks up on the phone. Even at 9:05 no one picked up the phone so I couldn't change my order" ... then it appears as though there has been a mistake on both ends of this ... not just the customer forgetting something.   If there were orders being processed, then imo the phones should be attended to, or at least messages checked, but according to what I've read, neither of these things occurred.

I would say for 99% of bigger operations, gone are the days when you could pick up the phone and simply change an order.  Everything is automated from order processing to shipping.  To run an operation like this, to keep up with orders and fast shipping, you simply HAVE TO say "no" to making changes like this.  The fact that you have even a 15 minute window (within normal business hours, because, again, it's automated) is reasonable.  

Let's think for a minute about the real possibility of 25 or more other customers on a given day asking CS to do the same thing.  It's just not feasible.  Their main goal is to process and ship orders quickly.  They would not be able to do this if they had to stop and focus on changing orders.  Something would have to give.  Then, people would be complaining that they're not getting their orders quickly.  Yep, they would.

It's a bummer that this happened, and now Trappeur is going to have to absorb the shipping cost.  It's the cost of doing business.  I would be happy if I could change an order and not have to pay that extra shipping, but if not, that's on me.  Ask me how I know!  LOL  I've made this mistake before, and I get so mad at myself.

• Like 1

How can we demand perfection from suppliers when we can’t perform to the same level? The phones not being answered promptly at 9:00 on the dot. Geez, maybe something came up in the office that delayed that a bit. It is not a matter of life and death. It is fragrance. 

Suppliers are not responsible for paying for mistakes made by the Customer. We are given several confirmation steps along the order process to make sure we did not make a mistake. How much more can we ask? An angry mob trying to bully a supplier using social meadia into providing a freebie is just wrong. It’s not as simple as the customer service lady getting up from her desk (abandoning the phone line she has already been chastised for not answering promptly) and picking a bottle off a shelf and sticking it into the mail. An order needs to be placed into the system for inventory and shipping tracking. Then she needs to appeal to management for a credit. Then the order is electronically released to the warehouse across the large facility where it is picked, packed and shipped in a process that includes two or three additional people. All of this factors into order processing costs. The “good gesture” would cost the supplier at least $25 in real money for a small bottle to appease an angry mob on a forum. How many times could any of us afford to do that before we no longer can afford to keep the doors open? The customer is NOT always right. 

When this happens to me, and it does, I place that second order with more of that item than I needed to make the mistake less painful next time. If I needed 8 oz of an oil for a wholesale account I would buy several lbs to prevent this from happening again. Or, better yet, put on my salesperson hat and offer my customer something new and different for the season. Pick a scent that I have plenty of in stock. Hey, it’s spring, how about this XYZ relevant scent? Almost 100% of the time my customers are AOK with the new, limited item. Problem solved. 

My takeaway from this thread is that Candlescience offers a 15 minute window to change orders. That is awesome. I never knew that before. None of my other suppliers do, so yay Candlescience. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I never meant to make this thread into a blown out thing.  I truly didn't.  I have learned from this thread though.  I never knew that orders were automated right to the shipping department and bypassed someone sitting at a desk putting orders through.  I wasn't looking for others to come and back me up as I see from the ones who did.  That was so kind I have to say and thankyou.  I guess you could call this thread in terms as a post of frustration on my part when I placed my order that day.  But you learn as I did. I have in the past and most recently did catch on an order placed with another well known candle company that we all order from and called them immediately and they graciously adjusted an order for me.  I thought since I had just placed this order within 15 minutes I would just go back in on the website, cancel my order and just go and replace the order with the oil I had forgot.  When I brought up my order on site on the CS website there is an area where you click "return", so I clicked return but when I got to the last thing where they give you a free sample there was no area to click on return so I immediately started calling CS to cancell the order and reorder as I didn't know what to do then.  Then of course the rest is history as from the transcript.  I never really expected a credit for shipping for this extra oil either as I know it was my fault. The extra shipping charge I had to pay believe me didn't break my bank as I have thrown away that amount many a time on stupid things so it wasn't about getting money back for shipping per say, but merely just principle in my mind.   I was merely just saying that it sure would have been nice from someone at CS to see of the honest thing that I did and forgot something and maybe have some consideration and/or just do a kind thing and "maybe" send out the oil with no shipping since I paid more for shipping than the oil.  But I never really thought they would.   I guess you could say I'm from old school and try to help out someone in times where applicable.  Doesn't exist anywhere much anymore...

So I'll end this post like this and hope that I made myself clear enough so you all could understand my train of thought that day.  So in essence this thread was a post of frustration and I just vented.  Thanks for reading this everyone. 

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TallTayl"An angry mob trying to bully a supplier using social media into providing a freebie is just wrong."   

That is not what anyone who suggested things to keep the customer happy was doing.  We should be able to discuss things on this forum without being accused of being bullies. 

GoldieMN

• Like 1

We both posted at the same exact time TTayle...

I understand fully everything you just said as like what others said too.  I'm so sorry I started this thread......:(  I just don't know what to say and certainly don't want any friction or being banned here as I love everyone here....oh my gosh...sorry.  Can you just delete this thread like it never happened?  :(  I don't want anyone mad at me or mad here on this forum with others as it is a well respected forum and I believe in good honest people.  I never should have put this thread up. I thought we all could voice our opinions of honesty openly....now I see friction.....So Sorry..... It's my stupidity that people are reacting towards this thread as they are....  I should never have vented.

So Sorry.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

I saw your thread as venting. No need to apologize or feel bad. 

I learned something new as well. I figured if I placed an order outside of business hours it would not start getting processed until they open. I certainly would not think the shipping department opens earlier than stated business hours. 

All in all it was an informative thread. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoldieMN said:

@TallTayl"An angry mob trying to bully a supplier using social media into providing a freebie is just wrong."   

That is not what anyone who suggested things to keep the customer happy was doing.  We should be able to discuss things on this forum without being accused of being bullies. 

GoldieMN

I will keep your opinion in mind as I deal with the backlash I need to face as owner of the forum. 

Candlescience was gracious in their reply. Candlescience was called to the carpet recently in another thread, and was again thoughtful and professional in their responses. 

This type of thing happens on other forums, and worse on Facebook. Members do not understand the ripple effect of problems caused by good intentions and opinions. Discussion is fine. But when members start to build unchecked on others’ passionate opinions that Candlescience needs to change their process, or put free things into the mail as a good gesture,  the discussion snowballs and does turn into an angry mob. Maybe you are lucky and have not witnessed this, nor have not fallen victim to it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sebleo said:

I saw your thread as venting. No need to apologize or feel bad. 

I learned something new as well. I figured if I placed an order outside of business hours it would not start getting processed until they open. I certainly would not think the shipping department opens earlier than stated business hours. 

All in all it was an informative thread. 

I agree it's fine to vent if you're not happy about something, we've all done it, but I agree with TallTayl that people were quick to chastise the company because they didn't agree with the company's operations simply because it did not suit their needs, even after the rep clearly explained what happened and why they couldn't accommodate the request.

There was a lot of good information shared here, who knows how many other people had a similar experience and just didn't say anything and they didn't understand the why. So don't be sorry for bringing up a topic, just remember, if you're passionate about it there's probably someone who's passionate about the opposite opinion!

Their warehouse is open 8-5 (only useful information if you pick up I suppose) and their customer service is open 9 - 530.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone here, including myself, "chastised the company because they didn't agree with their operations" -- I am sympathic with Trappeur because I read in her story that she tried to immediately call upon discovering her error, which she stated was "right after" placing her order and found herself in a situation where she was pleading in a chat session to try to fix her mistake that she had made before the company's phone lines were on.  I can understand her surprise to learn that her order was already out of anyone's hands that could add a bottle.

So, she vented.  I didn't immediately reply to her thread, but she obviously was very frustrated.  Whether or not you agree with her frustration has nothing to do with it if you put yourself in her place for a moment, and in reading that chat session, I will say that it made me understand where she was coming from, even though she forgot something in her order at the time she placed it.  I've read all sorts of experiences here about suppliers and their products, both good and bad, so this seemed like it an acceptable platform for such expression or discussion.  So, we all learned something.

Edited by birdcharm
  • Like 1