NG --a review of fo order

ellajoan

In the past I avoided ordering from here, because I couldn't find anything I truly liked.  The only one I had previously liked was their "Fruit Loops" one, and I could find that from multiple other suppliers.  Well I got my order from NG today, and I have to give them props.  Either they've upped their game or my sniffer has changed.  Here are my thoughts on what I ordered....

Coconut Cabana--this one is a tropical dream scent for me!  Absolutely loved it!  I mostly smelled the coconut and plantain, but also the bamboo, apple, and vanilla.  Smells fresh and edible!

Hawaiian Suntan--perfect dupe for Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen.  Another thumbs up for a summer scent.  Very different from Coconut Cabana, but still summery.

Green Clover and Aloe--the strongest and truest of the (MANY) I've tried.  Very clean and fresh smelling.  

White Tea--a much milder tea than others I have smelled.  Think it will shine more in wax or would make a great mixer.

Vanilla Champagne--this one smelled closer to 7Up to me, but you can definitely note the bubbles.  Also less sharp than other champagnes I've tried.  

Mango Papaya--this was listed as a Best Seller on their site.  Very fruity and sweet--likely too sweet for my liking, but we shall see.

Ocean MIst--this one is growing on my OOB--at first I smelled water, now I smell some mild linen notes.  I may re-brand this as "Beach Wedding."  Also one of their bestsellers apparently.  

Buttermilk Pancakes--I've been looking for a waffle candle, but this is a definite pancake.  Perhaps I can mix w/ some vanilla malt scent to waffle it up.  Nice, not sure how it will throw.

Maple Sugar--similar to many maple sugar/brown sugars I've tried, but hoping it will mix well with Buttermilk Pancakes (above)

Mojito--Smell lots of lime and not too much mint.  May mix this bad boy with CS Mojito ( that one had too much mint and pineapple and not enough lime) and see what happens.

Fresh Basil--a true basil, not too strong, just a tad "cologne-y" to my nose.  Excited to try this w/ CS watermelon as a mixer.  

Look our summer, here we come!

Let me know if you've tried any of these and how they performed for you!

• Like 3

Green clover and aloe was absolutely strong for me in 464, and vanilla champagne was also great and a good seller for me. I ordered fresh basil with low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I use it as a mixer and have been happy with it!

I don't make candles but B&B.  Coconut Cabana and Vanilla Champagne are two of my best sellers in scrubs and lotion.   Vanilla champagne also sells well in roll on perfumes and soap.  Unfortunately the Coconut Cabana doesn't stick in soap. Morphs to plastic.  

@ellajoan, thanks for posting your reviews.  Nature's Garden is one of my major suppliers.  I have ordered 55 of their FO's but not even one of those you chose!  

I mostly make soy candles and some of my favorites are:

Coco Mango

Tropical Blast

Seaside

Orange Danish

Australian Bamboo Grass

Monkey Farts

Cottage Breezes

Apple Mango Tango

Customer favorites:

Apple Orchard

Lily of the Valley

Eucalyptus & Spearmint

Tinsel

Winter Candy Apple

Monkey Farts

Pearberry

I will definitely put Coconut Cabana and Green Clover & Aloe on my list for future orders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellajoan said:

@GailC, I was looking at Coco Mango and also have Eucalyptus and Spearmint in my cart.  More to try next time, I guess.  

Dang, the last thing I needed was another supplier!  :)

I have sold so many Eucalyptus & Spearmint candles.  Not my personal favorite but others sure like it.

The Coco Mango is special to me.  Last summer, my Granddaughter, Great granddaughter and I went on a trip to Ohio.  Our first destination was the Nature's Garden store in Wellington, Amish country.  I had a list of fragrances to sniff, and not enough time to sniff them all.  Coco Mango wasn't even on the list, but my granddaughter picked up a sample and sniffed it and really liked it and I did too.  

When we got to our hotel that night, the room smelled musty or something, so I swiped a little Coco Mango on a light bulb and put some on a tissue on the table between our beds.  Our room soon smelled so nice! 

So from now on, I'll associate the smell of my Coco Mango candle with the lovely trip I took with my granddaughter and her 2 year old daughter.  We had a lovely time.

• Like 5

On 2/22/2018 at 9:51 AM, kandlekrazy said:

Thanks for the detailed info!  Ocean Mist is a great mixer and still comes thru in the final scent.  I put just 25% Patchouli with it and call it Mermaid for one of my best sellers.  So many mixing possibilities with it.

@kandlekrazy that sounds like a phenomenal blend!  What patchouli do you use at 25%?  I'd like to give it a try.  😇  TFS!!!

5 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@kandlekrazy that sounds like a phenomenal blend!  What patchouli do you use at 25%?  I'd like to give it a try.  😇  TFS!!!

I've been using Peak's but just ordered RE to replace it and OOB smells pretty good.  Since it's only 25% I don't think it matters which one, most are strong enough.  My hope is the RE Patch can stand on it's own because I sell a lot of straight Patch melts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I've been using Peak's but just ordered RE to replace it and OOB smells pretty good.  Since it's only 25% I don't think it matters which one, most are strong enough.  My hope is the RE Patch can stand on it's own because I sell a lot of straight Patch melts.

Ohhh okay!  👌🏼  Thank you for the info.  I will certainly have to grab a plain patchouli as the only patchouli I currently have is RE Honeysuckle & White Patchouli.  What are your thoughts on the Peaceful Patchouli from Aztec?  Would that work or is that one not plain enough?  I have the NG ocean mist and ❤ it so can't wait to try the blend.  For some reason I've really been loving the earthy FO's.... Which is VERY odd as I typically don't like stuff like that.  😬😜. Anyhoo... Thanks again!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Ohhh okay!  👌🏼  Thank you for the info.  I will certainly have to grab a plain patchouli as the only patchouli I currently have is RE Honeysuckle & White Patchouli.  What are your thoughts on the Peaceful Patchouli from Aztec?  Would that work or is that one not plain enough?  I have the NG ocean mist and ❤ it so can't wait to try the blend.  For some reason I've really been loving the earthy FO's.... Which is VERY odd as I typically don't like stuff like that.  😬😜. Anyhoo... Thanks again!  

I've never tried Aztec's, placed my first Aztec order a couple months ago and that wasn't one I ordered.  I've yet to test any of them!  Busy, busy and no time for wax :angry:

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

I am for sure going to order the Peaceful Patchouli with this month's 5 for 5. I will be happy to report on it for you!

Right now the only Patch I've gotten that passes muster is Filmore's. Although the Patchouli Rain from RE is very very nice, the patch is blended so well that I don't pick it up as a single note. I'll have to give their straight patch a go at some point!

I have tried several patchoulis from NG and they are not good! Don't smell anything like the real thing, and to add insult they don't throw well either. Their Sweet Patchouli, Bitches Brew, Patchouli, and Karma were all duds IMO. Just FYI! 😄

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

I really like Aztecs oils ,one of my main suppliers .I have both the Peaceful Patch & Patch , honestly I love the both of them.I am not into earthy scents ,however I have really like these 2 Patch oils .I mix their Patch with many different oils & come up with some really unique scents .Patch & Raspberry go very nicely together ,also love the Peaceful Patch blended 50/50 with C Source True Lavender .I have a blend soaking now with P patch -& Baby Powder .I love to blend oils .It's so nice chatting with you again.I did get your message & will get back to you soon.I am happy to hear your family is feeling much better. We are all getting sick now ,here in South,Tx .You will not be disappointed with Aztec imo. I have more hits than duds with this company.Today 5/5 begins .I have Black Sea & Sea side Marina in my cart ,still deciding on a few more .I have almost every scent they carry ,love most all of them😀

On 3/1/2018 at 6:44 AM, Sarah S said:

I am for sure going to order the Peaceful Patchouli with this month's 5 for 5. I will be happy to report on it for you!

Right now the only Patch I've gotten that passes muster is Filmore's. Although the Patchouli Rain from RE is very very nice, the patch is blended so well that I don't pick it up as a single note. I'll have to give their straight patch a go at some point!

I have tried several patchoulis from NG and they are not good! Don't smell anything like the real thing, and to add insult they don't throw well either. Their Sweet Patchouli, Bitches Brew, Patchouli, and Karma were all duds IMO. Just FYI! 😄

@Sarah SThank you so much for that info.  I truly appreciate it.  It's terrible that you tried so many and still couldn't get them to throw!   So frustrating to say the least..... Helping each other out is a beautiful thing for sure!  I would love to hear your feedback on Aztec's PEACEFUL PATCH.  Thanks again!!! 😇

@kandlekrazy So sorry to hear that you haven't had any time for wax.  Hope you get to make some soon!  😊

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 10:22 AM, katmeltswax said:

I really like Aztecs oils ,one of my main suppliers .I have both the Peaceful Patch & Patch , honestly I love the both of them.I am not into earthy scents ,however I have really like these 2 Patch oils .I mix their Patch with many different oils & come up with some really unique scents .Patch & Raspberry go very nicely together ,also love the Peaceful Patch blended 50/50 with C Source True Lavender .I have a blend soaking now with P patch -& Baby Powder .I love to blend oils .It's so nice chatting with you again.I did get your message & will get back to you soon.I am happy to hear your family is feeling much better. We are all getting sick now ,here in South,Tx .You will not be disappointed with Aztec imo. I have more hits than duds with this company.Today 5/5 begins .I have Black Sea & Sea side Marina in my cart ,still deciding on a few more .I have almost every scent they carry ,love most all of them😀

@katmeltswax WOW!!! Almost every one they carry!  And here I thought I had a lot of FO's.  😬  Being rather new to the earthy  scents I'm not real creative with those blends yet.  So I appreciate your input on a few patch blends.  I will be placing an order next month for Aztec so will definitely have to grab one of them then.  

So sorry to hear that you and tour family are starting to get sick!  It's all across the country for sure!  I've got friends in Florida, to California, Oregon, etc... and it's like everyone is getting this darn flu!  It's terrible!  I pray you all feel better soon!  🙏🏼😇