With or without the Leprechaun?

Trappeur

For one of my accounts I'm doing a limited collection of candles for St. Patrick's day as I usually do yearly.

My jar of choice is the 20oz tureen that has a gold lid of which the label will be going on the li

Which should I go with?   Either the black background or goldish?  And which label ....with or without the leprechaun?

Thanks for your input.

Trappeur

#1  (With Leprechaun - I think I like this one the best)

5a8c2580dd646_view(3).thumb.jpg.ccef69b2d11cc8e7352dc35ecaf85e5a.jpg

#2 (without the leprechaun)

view.thumb.jpg.ef37d9b225643cecd499291a7703e74a.jpg

#3 (Same label but with goldish background)

5a8c26162e4c0_view(5).thumb.jpg.1aeae39091c06526ccd57a4282428cd4.jpg

• Like 1

Your right Sarah about the label being a bit crowded with the leprechaun.  It was bothering me somewhat and I couldn't figure out why because I really wanted the leprechaun but something wasn't clicking right.  So what do you all think about this......I downsized the leprechaun and moved it over as far as I could to the hat and came up with this.  So now what do you all think about this?  Better?

view (6).jpg

Ahhh, I got ya. Well, it looks good in the last redo. The only other suggestion I could make is to move him halfway back. Where his head kinda fills in the gap between St. And Day. 

Or move the whole clip art up a notch to see a little less of the rainbow. That way the name of the fragrance isn't too crowded. 

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

I guess I am the odd one here. I like the 3rd one best. I just don't care for the black background. The gold is softer and less stark in contrast and compliments the green.

I agree, and being Irish, St. Patrick's colors are green and gold, so that works perfect. I also like the placement of the little baby (doesn't look like a leprechaun to me, since leprechaun's are typically impish mean spirited little old men) is better in the 3rd one than it is in the remake as well. Maybe if it was moved just a little closer to the pot of gold. 

• Like 1

Now I'm really confused and I understand each reason why.......darn.... I get the reasons why with the gold background too.  I guess I 'm so partial to black because it goes with everything and black just makes everything pop........  Well, maybe I need to change my jar now.

Trappeur

20 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Now I'm really confused and I understand each reason why.......darn.... I get the reasons why with the gold background too.  I guess I 'm so partial to black because it goes with everything and black just makes everything pop........  Well, maybe I need to change my jar now.

Trappeur

Sometimes it's better to just go with what you like best.  As a friend of mine says, "Opinions are like noses; everybody has one."

:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GailC said:

Sometimes it's better to just go with what you like best. :) 

This is great advice. We can give you our opinions all day long, however, we are not your target market, and you know your target market better than we do. If you like the black background best go with that. If you like the leprechaun then keep it. They're all great, but I'm biased because St. Patrick's is my favorite holiday. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I agree, and being Irish, St. Patrick's colors are green and gold, so that works perfect. I also like the placement of the little baby (doesn't look like a leprechaun to me, since leprechaun's are typically impish mean spirited little old men) is better in the 3rd one than it is in the remake as well. Maybe if it was moved just a little closer to the pot of gold. 

Yeah, TYPICALLY, us Irish types don't like Leprechauns... Not_good_critters...
BUT this is 'MERICA dammit! And 'Merican's LIKE Leprechauns! Dammit! 

@Trappeur So I'll take that last one down there...  
(Free beers with any purchase right? )

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

This is great advice. We can give you our opinions all day long, however, we are not your target market, and you know your target market better than we do. If you like the black background best go with that. If you like the leprechaun then keep it. They're all great, but I'm biased because St. Patrick's is my favorite holiday. 

My favorite holiday too! (but WHY did we have to have to make the BEST holiday of the year in the MIDDLE OF LENT!?) 

;)

Sponiebr
Yeah, YOU know what I'm in charge of... 

2 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

My favorite holiday too! (but WHY did we have to have to make the BEST holiday of the year in the MIDDLE OF LENT!?) 

I don't practice religion, (and was never Catholic - I KNOW - bad Irishwoman!!) so this aspect of it does not bother me in the least. :) 

• Like 2

Trappeur when I get confused about a choice to make I print the labels in consideration out and slap them on the jar. Best way to be sure is see how it works on the jar/lid itself. Maybe that black does not look so good or vice versa for the gold. Often times it is as simple as changing the intensity of the color to lighter or darker.

Anyway, seeing the finished product helps me choose about 99% of the time. When in doubt, I sleep on it or wait a day or two to view it again with a fresh perspective. Only you know what is best and what your customer will like.

I have done just what you said Candybee, ordered a sample page in the black and one in the gold color.  I'm thinking these labels placed on a gold lid the black is going to be the one I go with but we shall see.  I'm thinking of instead of going with the 20oz tureen  I might go with another jar.  So many decisions.  I'm getting so bored with the pint canning jars.  I need another style jar and all these companies out there have the same darn jars...

Trappeur