Best clean up

Candle husband

I just did my turkey fryer for the first time since I purchased it.  I waited till the wax cooled down but still ran.  Poured it into a plastic shoe box to harden, there wasn't much) and then cleaned the bottom of the pot.  This wax will get used for fire starters probably or taken to our hazmat disposal.  1 box of wax I got had a few pieces of what looked like cardboard shavings in it otherwise I wouldn't have cleaned it out.  My prestos, I can drain almost to nothing while making product and then I just wipe them out and start over. 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2018 at 7:16 AM, kandlekrazy said:

My prestos, I can drain almost to nothing while making product and then I just wipe them out and start over.

Since all I use are prestos, this is how I do it too. I only make candles in specific weight increments which use every bit of wax, then while it's still warm, I use a paper towel to wipe out all the remaining droplets of wax. 

For my hurricane wax, I just leave in the the presto and clean out about every 5th hurricane I make - making sure no water got into the wax inadvertantly, but to clean that, I let it get hard, but it does shrink enough that I can just turn the presto over and it drops out. If water did get into the pot it will sink to the bottom, and I can just wipe the wax and presto dry after popping the wax out of the presto. 

• Like 2

I leave any unused wax in my melter. No need to take it out. I just keep adding more wax.

But when all the wax does get used up I use a bunch of paper towels to wipe down the inside. But I don't use any sprays to clean it out, just paper towels. My melter stays hot for a long time after use so a wipe down with paper towels will clean out all wax residue and any debris.

For my pour pots I also use paper towels to wipe the inside out. If the pot is cold then I use a heat gun to melt the wax so I may wipe it out clean with a paper towel.

I buy paper towels by the truckload!

• Like 1