Sign in to follow this  
Daisymay66

shaped melts

Just a quick question! For those of you who sell these, how do you figure out you prices? I know I have at least 800 molds but don't do anything with them because I never know what to charge. They are so cute and I know they would sell very well for me but I sit, just looking at them all. Do you charge so much per pound and it's just st a standard price? Or so many per bag and that's the price! TIA Hope your having a great day! I know I'm counting down the days until SPRING!

Ditto what TT said. I use weight to price out all my products.

No wait, I lied! I count out incense sticks... I really should weigh those too though! I'm just lazy about them and it's easier to get my kids to help count them out. 😶

That is what I figured. I know everyone's cost will be different but would anyone mind sharing how much they sell them for. Do you for example put like 8 ounces per bag? I know it would depend on how big your shaped melts are..Do you ever so like a pound per bag? Thank you so much for replying to my post ;)

I use weight also. I usually put 5 one ounce tarts in a bag for $5. Sometimes the bags are a little over 5 ounces but I still charge $5. Probably cheating myself out of money though LOL! 

On 2/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, Belinda said:

I use weight also. I usually put 5 one ounce tarts in a bag for $5. Sometimes the bags are a little over 5 ounces but I still charge $5. Probably cheating myself out of money though LOL! 

Thanks so much Belinda! Appreciate all the help everyone! :) 

I do not sell wholesale yet, but I do not plan to wholesale the shaped pieces. It is hard enough to get them shipped to someone and still look nice. I think with the bags being shipped, stocked, and man handled in the store they would look horrible by the time the purchaser got them home. 

This is the main reason I decided to do clams too. I will wholesale those.