Maple Street Valentine's Day Sale

GailC

Gail, I ordered some samples from them, maybe a dozen or so fragrances. They were nice, good quality, threw well in my paraffin. Nothing really knocked my socks off, except their Fruit Loops, man that was crazy strong. They didn't have anything unique that I can recall, so I haven't added them to my regular list of suppliers. But they are in western PA, so the shipping is pretty inexpensive for me, and I bet it would be for you too! I felt like they were comparable to Flaming Candle, which I know is very far from you, so MS might be worth checking out.

I don't really NEED clamshells right now, but holy cow that's a good price!

I'm getting ready to place an order with Candlewic, they are doing their free pound of FO offer right now. I really need their Vanilla Verbena, so it's a timely offer for me.

• Like 2

I fell for the hype last year and ordered a sample set. The bottles were shipped loose in a usps mailer. No tape on the lid. No bag to contain spills. Bottles leaked. I read on their page of others with similar experience and they blamed the USPS. That was all I needed to know.

their claims of super different scents was marketing bunk. Everything smelled exactly the same as all the others in the same price range. 

• Like 1

I wasn't impressed with the scents I got either, I gave them away so don't even remember without going back to their site.  Now, clamshells are different.  I've never tried theirs but many say they are good and that's a decent buy for the 700 if shipping isn't too high.

I've only bought clamshells and dye chips from Maple Street.  

Nothing really struck my fancy in their FO's unless I buy some I usually get from other suppliers, like Monkey Farts.  I don't really need to restock anything right now though. Some customers on Maple Street's facebook page rave about their FO's, but I haven't seen a lot of positive feedback on this forum.

Now I did get a bunch of clamshells and they worked great....no problem there and great pricing.

I did try a few of their oils as I only had a few.  One was PPW - nothing to write home about.

Lee's Ice Cream Parlor from them - hardly any throw.  Well I will only use Summer Scoop from Flaming as that is great strong scent.

I'm thinking I think I did a marshmallow and wasn't a hit either.

Now just the other day I did something I NEVER do.  I always use 6% oil or just a puppy toe bit more oil 10 days ago and I made a triple wicked candle for myself in PPW from Fragrance Buddy and I used 1 1/2ounces of oil per pound.  Actually this container is exactly a pound and let me tell you, was that a very powerful throw even with all this hullabelew stuff going on with these waxes.  I could smell that candle on the front porch as I had the door open that day.  It was that wonderful.  I hate to think I need to start using more oils per pound but if that is what it takes, I'm going to do it Instead of futzing around and experimenting with new waxes and blending my own..  I just did a few jars up using a higher rate oil in the 464.  Now another odd thing happened.  I delivered candles to a new store I got.  I used a tad more oil per pound but not much and using the pint canning jars.  I used Fr. Buddy Chocolate.  I delivered to the new shop and she called me a few days later to tell me what a great scent and throw this candle had and she had in burning in her shop....hmmmm

Trappeur

• Like 1

@Trappeur How do you like this multi wicked candle? 

EDCE1736-41CF-4B66-9DB3-D912A5175672.jpeg

Six eco4 wicks in 444. 6% of the flaming candle southern ice tea.

The first batch of 444 these wicks were absolutely perfect. This latest set of cases i am testing here is slightly harder. Which is OK because now I can wick up and get even more throw out of it!

It scents my whole house.

• Like 2

That sure is a biggun!  What's the diameter on that crock?  The most I've used in wicks is 4 wicks.   I'm having to do another one and might have to go to  5 wicks.  That's a good fragrance too.  I have great luck with it!

Trappeur

On 2/6/2018 at 10:12 PM, GailC said:

Now the question is, do I want to add another FO supplier to my list?  Do any of you have fragrance recommendations?

Image may contain: text

Gail,If I remember correctly ,you use Cierra oils .I received a email for their VD sale ,10 samplers for $1 each. Do you have any recommendations from Cierra ? Thank you bunches 😀

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail,If I remember correctly ,you use Cierra oils .I received a email for their VD sale ,10 samplers for $1 each. Do you have any recommendations from Cierra ? Thank you bunches 😀

I got that email and am probably going to order samples although Heaven knows I don't need any more.

I'm trying to decide what else to order or reorder.  I do love Sea Island Cotton. Restocked that one when they had their sale.  I think their Blueberry Cobbler is the best out of the few I've tried.  Home Sweet Home, Vanilla Bean, Butterscotch Brulee, Apple Butter Caramel and Pumpkin Pecan Waffle are very good too.

These are some I got on my last order and I like them OOB but haven't put them in wax yet:

Cherry Cobbler

Island Dreaming

Baja Cactus Blossom

Lime Basil Mandarin

I didn't care for Twilight Woods or Midnight Jasmine, but that is because I just don't like those type of scents.  I couldn't give away Autumn Lodge.  I just don't like smokey scents and evidently my customers don't either.  Well except for one person who said it reminded her of her Grandpa's Pipe.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

I got that email and am probably going to order samples although Heaven knows I don't need any more.

I'm trying to decide what else to order or reorder.  I do love Sea Island Cotton. Restocked that one when they had their sale.  I think their Blueberry Cobbler is the best out of the few I've tried.  Home Sweet Home, Vanilla Bean, Butterscotch Brulee, Apple Butter Caramel and Pumpkin Pecan Waffle are very good too.

These are some I got on my last order and I like them OOB but haven't put them in wax yet:

Cherry Cobbler

Island Dreaming

Baja Cactus Blossom

Lime Basil Mandarin

I didn't care for Twilight Woods or Midnight Jasmine, but that is because I just don't like those type of scents.  I couldn't give away Autumn Lodge.  I just don't like smokey scents and evidently my customers don't either.  Well except for one person who said it reminded her of her Grandpa's Pipe.

Thanks Gail! Ikwm I don't need any more either ,just very tempting lol.

• Like 2