Simple, inexpensive product photos-part 1. A cheapie Amazon light box

TallTayl

In the end the cheapie is less spendy than fiddling with a cardboard box, Tissue, external lights, etc. and it folds into a little thing you can travel with. 

How about the next thread we talk we talk about taking and editing photos?

• Like 5

20 hours ago, TallTayl said:

In the end the cheapie is less spendy than fiddling with a cardboard box, Tissue, external lights, etc. and it folds into a little thing you can travel with. 

I'd love that!

Trappeur

On 2/23/2018 at 8:20 AM, Trappeur said:

Just beautiful pictures Shari and Amelia......

Amelia in your picture there is a wood grain base.  Is that your table?  And what about the looks like wallpaper back, is that yours or are they part of the package?

Also do you use a flash with your camera when taking these pictures?

Trappeur

The wood grain base and the background is actually fabric from joanns. I ironed them out to be as smooth as possible especially the base so it looks like a peice of wood. I needed something I could fold and put away without using too much space. I dont use flash with the camera because it becomes a little harsh. I bought 4 "studio lights" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071G23KWS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and i place one in front, on top, in the back and on both sides. The lights are really bright and leave little to no shadow. I got a bigger light box that didnt have any lights included because I wanted to be able to set up like a whole stage. 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, TallTayl said:

Yes, that would be awesome.  I certainly need all the help I can get. 

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, prs7979 said:

Sorry to bump such an old topic but does anyone have any insight on eliminating creases in lightbox photos?   This has been my biggest obstacle to making competent looking product photos.

Creases, like in the back? A long sheet of poster board gently rounded into the box creates a nice smooth back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Creases, like in the back? A long sheet of poster board gently rounded into the box creates a nice smooth back.

My lightbox has an insert but you can still see pretty clearly where the material starts folding down.   This one isn't too bad but you can still see it.

IMG_0903.jpg

Ironically this picture was taken just after flipping and is way better than the other side.    The lightbox has built in lights but basically only goes from dimmer to brighter and doesn't have other settings.   I may need to buy an additional light to place outside to fix that particular issue.