Are you ready for some pictures?

Trappeur

Well, I got in a picture taking mode last night and today and decided to take pictures of all sorts of new jars/containers and crystal pieces I bought that I love doing, mostly for me, but some for a couple of shops.  So here goes.

These 2 little 4oz and 5oz mini jars are for an account of mine.

CIMG0168.thumb.JPG.5790395fbc49d34573c989c90e6fd800.JPG

Now this glass container a friend gave to me.  Was a candle she bought somewhere so I made this for me since I'm so low on my stash.

CIMG0227.thumb.JPG.727979c0f9834d3595a62cdd0eedbd80.JPG

2 little doo dads of boots I put on top of the jar.

I did Fragrance Buddy's Birthday Cake (first time ordering this scent)  

CIMG0226.thumb.JPG.78ad7520a3139a1f2a7b1176e1e3088c.JPG

This is a Llardo piece I believe of crystal.  Love this little crystal.

I did in Fragrance Buddy's Orange Creamsicle.  It's a great scent.  Sell lots of it to shops.

CIMG0238.thumb.JPG.df1f66e0a90260dd72898a3f3a73169e.JPG

The top of the Llardo crystal.

If you notice the oil produces a slight orange color once poured.

The doo dads of acorns are plain with no oil - I use 464 in all my candles.

In this picture I still have done the slight 2'nd repour to bind the doo dads to the wax as there is a slight indentation around the wick and that's because it needs that

final repour.

CIMG0239.thumb.JPG.3d11886eea0f06e5b00ead600c5ba9af.JPG

This a find off of ebay this piece of crystal.  Has a 5 1/2" diameter and used 2 cd 7 wicks.

Went with Flamings Birthday Cake (new one for me).  Is curing now.

CIMG0232.thumb.JPG.ea62cf133c3783c2940547bb1f7ed485.JPG

This is the top with a combo of doo dads.  Was planning on sending to my sister as I made for Valentines day.

I noticed there are a couple surface cracks in the wax.  Just got done making it and I don't have the wood stove going so it's cold in here and this is what happens when it is cold.  I forgot to set the crystal on my floor vent where the heat comes up from the basement last night and it would have prevented the crack.  But no biggy...will burn just fine.  I noticed too that one of the doo dads when I poured them I picked out one that wasn't the same depth as the other leaf...no biggy....will burn ok.

CIMG0200.thumb.JPG.f724e722daa8399a39b864684dd6f074.JPG

Munchkin sitting on her bar stool like she always does for hours watching me.  I was doing all this at 4:00 this morning.

CIMG0208.thumb.JPG.a58b4ca5dadab3090401ce0c8223c31d.JPG

CIMG0201.thumb.JPG.97194e4fa67a22f86761e819342d53f7.JPG

Ok now this is Abby (black cat) and Munchkin.  Don't know how it happened but Abby learned to sit on the other bar stool next to Munchkin to eat and that is the only way these cats eat....like friggin queens, like humans eating at the dang counter.  Abby was dumped here like so many and of course the sap I am and a huge animal supporter and rescuer that I am, I couldn't turn her away.  Now when I am coming home Abby is always down the road waiting for me and knows the sound of my truck as it is coming up the road and I pull over to the side every day, call her name, open up the door to the truck and in she bops and sits on my shoulder till I turn up my driveway and we get out.  Her personality is pretty much like the way she looks in the picture.  She can be quite tempermental and is not a loving cat really, but I know she loves me....but that is cause the food is here! lol....But we all have temperments.  Just have to learn one anothers....And I have never seen a cat who can sit and eat 2 whole cans of wet food as much as this cat eats and woofs down...it's unbelievable!

In this picture Munchkin and especially Abby I know are pissed at me because I kept telling them "you want to eat"....and I haven't fed them and you can by the looks on their faces.

Such fuss pots these 2 are....

CIMG0203.thumb.JPG.d814d7c142630b6175bec497176e8691.JPG

Ok, back to the pictures.

Ok, now here is another crystal.  7" diameter with 3 cd7 wicks.

This is in Flamings Southern Sweet TEa....Big seller and great throwing scent.

I made this candle this summer, so I think it's cured, lol.    The finish is a matte finished top.  This is what happens when the over pour is done at a low temperature.  I always do a slick shiny top that looks like glass.  But I let the wax get a little too cool when I poured.   But it is what it is.CIMG0250.thumb.JPG.5235d01c62118be7615c2161764b27e8.JPG

here is the top of the candle.

CIMG0254.thumb.JPG.7c64cadc09b9bf46162f142db78ca7a0.JPG

I couldn't take anymore of this cat Abby giving me the evil eye (pissed) because her food didnt get put down fast enough on her plate for her highness.  If looks could kill, this look would do it I swear.  Damn, do they have me trained!

CIMG0211.thumb.JPG.c32733703044f7dedcb434d08b53d77f.JPG

This was a Kodak moment I swear.  I had the camera in my hand as I asked Munchkin and Abby if they wanted to eat.  As soon as the words got out of my mouth, Munchkin let out a big cry, "yes".....I thought this was so comical and even caught it on camera......

CIMG0212.thumb.JPG.7274289b6a7ec5c5cca6ba30137a5bef.JPG

And poor little Freckles has to lay on the floor at my feet while the other two queens get to sit at the counter....lol

CIMG0222.thumb.JPG.222ecaae28b8853dc74c858fc1720e0e.JPG

And poor little Sox sits in the living room snoozing away till the can opener makes that famous sound.

There's nothing wrong with her eyes.  I just woke her up when the flash went off on the camera.'

She's the oldest one here, probably I guess maybe 14 since she was born at my shop when I had my store.

CIMG0257.thumb.JPG.cacbeed144f546c5e21cdf540174c24d.JPG

Last picture here....finally....

I got this sample 16oz jar from Container and Packaging last week.  They give out free samples....wow is that ever nice.  Well when I opened up the box there wasn't 1 sample jar but 4!......Someone did a goof there.  I forgot to call and tell them that....lol..I don't think I'll call them...lol  Well anyway I've been wanting a large amber jar and this is the only company that offers one that I could ever find.  Sunshine, shoot....I forgot to attach a sticker with the wick I'm testing....! dang!   Well, I believe it is 2 cd 6.   but I'll have to do another test to verify it...oh well.....Jar is 3 3/4" /wide.   Talk about WET SPOTS!  HOLY MOLY!   Wet spots have never bothered me, but this is......but I can attest to it the reason being is the coldness in my house...I do know that.  But it is what it is.   But I'm loving this jar.  I'd would love input on you all about this jar, seriously.

I did in Fragrance Buddy Toasted Marshmallow and I'm loving the scent.....well, so far that is.  I'm burning it this weekend.

CIMG0109.thumb.JPG.7733c3be9ff2d957b9c8169316e1c711.JPG

And in loving memory of precious ones who have gone on to heaven of who we will one day be together again, since I've been posting pictures of things I make, I kept on passing pictures of my 2 precious babies, Timmy my horse of 34 years and Bonnie of 14 years who died within 2 months of one another right b/4 Christmas I just wanted to put them here as I miss them every day.....  thanks everyone for taking the time to look at my pictures....Good family of people here and so glad to be a part of everyone.  Trappeur

5a74b1993195f_CIMG4246(1).jpg.98133182be8bcd965a3ba96dfb0df97a.jpgCIMG4644.jpg.80f3103deb5862c441be80ac9cc5e71b.jpg

32e3ce7f-8d5c-4fd0-bd71-60bb08b72fb8.thumb.jpg.ab607fcbefcbf1099a8492de6b47e35e.jpg

Edited by Jcandleattic
removed google pic
  • Like 8

Thanks Jane!   Geesh I don't know how that google ad got in there....lol....but I know I did it!.....Don't ask me how.  I had 20 windows open when I did that post and there were some google ones in there....lol

Trappeur

Well that sure gave me an unexpected break and a laugh as well ... "Don't know how it happened but Abby learned to sit on the other bar stool next to Munchkin to eat and that is the only way these cats eat....like friggin queens, like humans eating at the dang counter."   Too funny.  You've got a great place there and wonderful company too!  I'm sorry to hear of your two pets passing, they are such temporary gifts.  Thanks for sharing your photos and for taking the time, very enjoyable!

27 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Oh how much fun was that!  Thanks for sharing your family members as well as your beautiful creations.  So surprising how cats can each have their own personalities.  Do you name all the other stray cats you feed down the road? :)

GoldieMN

Well actually there aren't any more because they all came here, I got them fixed and they never left.....wonder why.....

Actually I do have problem.  There are 2 feral cats that have sort of moved in here...one is hugely feral and nasty and I mean nasty.....He is a big tom and beats up on all my other cats and I can't have that.  He actually attacked me.  I wacked his butt but not mean.  He sits outside the sliding doors looking in at me waiting for food of which I feed him separately because he is hungry.....I know I know.....what am I nuts?  I can go outside and bend down and put food in his dish and he won't strike my hand as he is eating out of his bowel while I pour, but I'm very careful and I have to tippy toe around him and walk very smooth and slow.  But he is not fixed and he is wild I will say that.  All my other 20 something cats walk gingerly around him too.  All my cats are fixed.  I need to trap him and get him to the vet so he can get fixed.  I'm thinking that will help...but I don't know if I can even trap him as I have so many others.  He attacked my neighbors cat they had to bring their cat to the vet it was that bad and he hurt one of mine badly.  I have a friend who said he will take care of him and I know he means kill him.   He loves all my cats and really why should mine suffer.  But I told him no.  He never should have told me that and done something without me knowing...I can't believe I even said that meaning I approve of him to shoot this cat...It's not the feral cats fault.  I just don't know what to do.

So Goldie, no this feral cat and the other I haven't named.

I only have 23.....so I have to make lots of candles to keep them in food.  But once a month the Humane Society gives out free dog and cat food for the ones that need help like me and I missed it the day this month...how stupid.  And I get all all my spays and neuters free.  Actually many of these cats the Humane Society tried to get them adopted.  Many did and many didn't.  They all have names and each and everyone knows their name but 6.  I've 13 girls and 10 boys and they all sleep together and all get along beautifully.  They have warm heated beds on the porch, get fed like kings and queens and well taken care.

Granted I can't go anywhere and that is a problem.  You should see when I take walks down the road and see all these cats coming up behind me.  I'll have to put up pictures sometime so you all can laugh.

Trappeur

37 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

Well that sure gave me an unexpected break and a laugh as well ... "Don't know how it happened but Abby learned to sit on the other bar stool next to Munchkin to eat and that is the only way these cats eat....like friggin queens, like humans eating at the dang counter."   Too funny.  You've got a great place there and wonderful company too!  I'm sorry to hear of your two pets passing, they are such temporary gifts.  Thanks for sharing your photos and for taking the time, very enjoyable!

Well thanyou Birdcharm.  It makes me feel good that I can maybe put a smile on someones face as I love to give as so many here have given to me help in whatever when I needed it whether it was wicks, wax, wick stickers,  or just a lending ear when I needed it.:hello:

Thankyou Lighten Up.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

20 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I only have 23.....so I have to make lots of candles to keep them in food.  But once a month the Humane Society gives out free dog and cat food for the ones that need help like me and I missed it the day this month...how stupid.  And I get all all my spays and neuters free.  Actually many of these cats the Humane Society tried to get them adopted.  Many did and many didn't.  They all have names and each and everyone knows their name but 6.  I've 13 girls and 10 boys and they all sleep together and all get along beautifully.  They have warm heated beds on the porch, get fed like kings and queens and well taken care.

Granted I can't go anywhere and that is a problem.  You should see when I take walks down the road and see all these cats coming up behind me.  I'll have to put up pictures sometime so you all can laugh.

Trappeur  

Yikes!  I only have three feral brother & sisters and it costs me $100/mo.  So I can see why you don't want to miss that Humane Society food.   Would love to see a picture of you and 23 cats walking down the road. :D

GoldieMN

Oh, wonderful pictures, I don't even know where to start!

I really love all the crystal containers, so beautiful, and the little do-dads you put on the tops are so darling! I'm sure the bowls take some creative wicking, but wow, they must look gorgeous when lit!!

The amber jar is nice, but honestly I love the way your soy looks in the clear glass with your beautiful labels. Just my opinion! 😊

The lime and pink Valentine label looks ADORABLE on that jar!!

And oh my gosh, the picture of your cats made me laugh! Can I tell you, the way Munchkin looks at the camera is exactly the way my 14 year old looks at the camera... Like "You can take my picture, but you can't make me like it!", lol!! How do cats fit so much personality in to such tiny bodies?!? 😂

You have such a generous heart! Thank you for sharing Suzanne!!

lol, KK.......I noticed the bottle after I had the pictures all down loaded but I was getting tired and didn;t give a crap after time went by.  I thought after I had put them up here..."Gesh, their all going to think I'm some alky when they see these pictures".   

Trappeur

I love all your posts and all your pictures Suzanne. And your way with words.  And the do dads on top of your candles.  And your labels.

And the way you open your heart and home to all those strays.  Oh my goodness!  I could never cope with even half that many animals.  You have a good purpose in life.

Thankyou Gail......

And my purpose?  Gesh, I keep asking myself what my purpose is here in this world.   I worry all the time and have been stressed out so much lately and especially with all the candle orders I had to full fill this past year and worry I'm going to let some one down and with all these animals worry that they won't have someone to care for them and feed them as I do.   The past 3 days I thought I was really in trouble with my life and really thought the end had come for me.  I had pain so bad on a scale of 1 to 10, it was a 10 and I wound up yesterday driving to the emergency room in the hospital.  After a cat scan and other tests they did, they said there was nothing wrong with me.  And I said what?  You sure your not reading someone elses results?  But nope I'm going to live a little while longer...lol  I had my gall bladder removed 5 years ago and some bad things have been happening in my system for over a year that all pertains to the removal of the gall bladder and after reading and reading on the internet, I was sure I either had pancreatitus, or maybe Chrones Disease or these other bad things and even cancer.  I just knew I was going to be told I have some bad news...I just knew in my heart.  I've lost 30 pounds and not on purpose. The weight shouldn't have come off so quickly.  I could have stood to lose weight and now that I have I can get into size 8's and 10's instead of 14's.  So this didn't bother me.  In fact I like it and I can eat and eat with how my system is and not gain any weight....but I just knew something was wrong.   I don't eat proper.  I eat rare steaks and any foods that are rich in fat.  My favorite is a t bone or rib eye steak with nice fat in it.  I LOVE the fat and my meat rare with blood running out of the steak....That;s how I was raised.  Nice huh?  Probably not everyone will say....I don't eat enough greens and I love them...I just never have time to cook the proper way as I have to take care of all my animals first.  And fried foods I love, like porch tops with gravy and brussel sprouts cooked in real butter.  And I know better too.  But so I'm told I'm good to go and just watch what I eat...So when I got home I celebrated and stayed up 1/2 the night taking pictures.  And on top of it all, all I had was a stomach ache that stopped when I got to the emergency room.   Go figure!  I never heard of stomach pains so severe that would last 3 days and I would be crawling on the floor trying to ease the pain....just didn't sound right to me.  I think drinking that probiotic drink I just bought for the first time called Keifers which is smoothie on an empty stomach and eating ripe oranges did me in...as I have never done that before.  I think it was too citrusy for me.  But the doctor said they couldn't find anything....so I should be happy, right?  Well I am....

But I'm going to take better care of myself and think of myself for a change.

Trappeur

Your an Angel ...a real Angel... taking care of all those cats........your pictures of Timmy and Bonnie made me cry...good thing I'm alone ...that would be a hard one to explain LOL

And all that aside I LOVE your candles. Thanks for sharing....now wheres the kleenex?   Please go see your Dr. and take care of yourself... so we can go for a steak dinner one day:D

My husband just had his gall bladder removed and it didn't help his issues. He has had a rough year with gastrointestinal problems and they are still running tests. Now we are thinking diverticulitus. 

Best of luck to you in figuring everything out and getting well.

In that first pic, what kind of cord are you using for that bow? Do you just tie it or do you have to glue it to keep it in place? 

Good luck to your hubby to with the gall bladder thingy!

And the red bow is the 6"stretchy bows that already come pre tied into the bows.  I buy mine from Papermart.  But you can also get on Ebay and RE.

Trappeur

13 hours ago, Sunday said:

Your an Angel ...a real Angel... taking care of all those cats........your pictures of Timmy and Bonnie made me cry...good thing I'm alone ...that would be a hard one to explain LOL

And all that aside I LOVE your candles. Thanks for sharing....now wheres the kleenex?   Please go see your Dr. and take care of yourself... so we can go for a steak dinner one day:D

They really do tear and tug at your heart string as they do mine Sunday.  Timmy and Bonnie were utterly completely shocks.  They were running, playing, eating that morning and then they were gone that evening.  Well, it wasn't as simple as that and won't go into details as Timmy didn't leave quickly and painlessly.  This dragged on from 7:00 in the evening till 6:00 in the morning with me at his side in the pouring rain under no shelter.  No animal should ever have to suffer and go through what he did and me and knowing it was hopeless and especially with no vet in this state and even in N Carolina over the border to come and take his pain away.  I've never seen an animal in such pain and knowing there was nothing I could do but hope and pray each second he was alive with me that he would close his eyes that moment and be gone and out of pain and misery.  But it is what it is and I have all the memories of all those 34 years together.  Bonnie wasn't as bad but she had something similar and I had to make the decision and I was able to get to the 24 hour emergency clinic with her like we all do and know when it is time that we have to let them go so my 14 years with her are with me too.  Thankyou.

Trappeur

How is it that there was no vet in the area Trappeur? That Just makes a sad story even sadder. I remember my dad having to take his  gun out to shoot a cow that was dying and I thought he was so cruel....I later realized he was the bravest man I knew and did something he found so difficult to do for the sake of the cow. 

I'm originally a city girl but when my girls where smaller we adopted 2  horses ....that's what happens when you leap before you look!

They where great pets...Brandy was  a 32 year old quarter horse and lived for another 10 years with us and Fant was a 22 year old Arabian with asthma ...They where affectionately known as the asthmatic and the cripple...or the lawn ornaments.  I think we all learned a lot from those two horses and loved them to no end....Sadly they are gone now as are all our dogs. Sometimes I miss them dearly but the heartache of a sick animal is unbearable. I'm sorry you had to go through that but I think  being a herd animal Timmy  must have appreciated you being there till the end.....

• Like 1

@Trappeur, you are way too hard on yourself.  Quit Stressing girl!  I  know, easier said than done.  But you do know the cure right?  Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  :)  Desserts are my cure for stress.

I definitely don't eat right either and in 2016 I had a bunch of stomach issues and lost a lot of weight and they never did figure out what was wrong with me. I'm still not back to normal because I can't eat like I used to, but I am at a weight I haven't been since the 70's probably, so I am fine with finally not having to worry about dieting.

You have had a rough several months and I hope and pray that 2018 will be a blessed year for you.  You deserve it!

50 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Trappeur, you are way too hard on yourself.  Quit Stressing girl!  I  know, easier said than done.  But you do know the cure right?  Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  :)  Desserts are my cure for stress.

I ❤️ this!!

@Trappeur, did they check for kidney stones? Sometimes they can be triggered by a high-fat diet.

Fruits are just as good as veggies! And taste better raw too, lol. And sometimes they can double as desserts too!

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

I ❤️ this!!

@Trappeur, did they check for kidney stones? Sometimes they can be triggered by a high-fat diet.

Fruits are just as good as veggies! And taste better raw too, lol. And sometimes they can double as desserts too!

Fruits can only double as desserts if sugar is added and they are put inside a crust and baked.  :)

• Haha 2