Week/end plans?

Jcandleattic

On 3/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, moonshine said:

Septics is a big part of what we do for a living - it sounds like your field has failed and if your tank did indeed sink your looking at a new tank and field 

I'm so sorry this is happening to you 

what a mess - tanks should be cleaned/pumped every 2-3 years depending on water usage - if it's in good shape sometimes people can go 5 but not having it regularly checked out and cleaned causes all kinds of issues, baffles fall off causing it to fail and the bio mat in the field hardens like concrete with all the soaps and detergents and cleaners we put down our drains making it impossible for it to drain which in turn causes it to go back up in to your tank causing backups 

I hope you get it resolved and it's worth asking if they can do a field rejuvenation -basically aerating your field to try and bust up the bio mat to allow it to drain again....we do that for many people and had to do it ourselves 5 years ago and it's been fine ever since, providing you don't have a clay tile system - it won't work on that 

This is interesting. I had no idea. We're on septic too.

Well Moonshine at first they said I might have a problem with the leach field but I guess maybe I didn't.  They said the septic has sunk towards the house so when the the pipe is draining into the septic tank, being that the tank is on the low end the stuff just backfires back to the pipes and pushed it back.  They said that they need to dig up the pipe from the house to the septic tank and raise the pipes higher than the septic tank and it should flow better.  Does that sound right?

Trappeur... all I can say is wow! I feel for ya hon. So sorry you are going through this. I would definitely take Goldie's advice and call my insurance to see if they can handle some of the expense such as cleanup.

Re the kitty blankets, LOL, I know what you mean. I only have one cat and when I do all of her bedding it takes about 2-3 loads to wash it all. She is the bed queen and has multiple beds and sleeping places. She actually has more blankets than me and also a couple of washable litter mats too. We both have our washing days! But boy when those bedding blankies are clean I love watching my Cookiepus sniff it all over and then snuggle into it. Cats really love clean beds!

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Well Moonshine at first they said I might have a problem with the leach field but I guess maybe I didn't.  They said the septic has sunk towards the house so when the the pipe is draining into the septic tank, being that the tank is on the low end the stuff just backfires back to the pipes and pushed it back.  They said that they need to dig up the pipe from the house to the septic tank and raise the pipes higher than the septic tank and it should flow better.  Does that sound right?

Yaaay you if your field is draining properly  and they are able to fix the problem raising the pipe 

your in a different state of which all have different codes and regulations- around here if someone's tank sunk in the ground crooked causing backflow that kind of repair would likely not be allowed by the health department- but it depends on the severity of it and a whole lot of other factors as well and I am not as well versed on this stuff as my husband- I only know what I do in having him relay to me what to tell a customer when there is a problem 😂 I don't go to the education classes and conventions like he does 

I am sure the company you hired know what they are doing and it's a very good thing if it's just a pipe!

As far as degreasers - why do you have to do a flush weekly?  What are you putting down your drains to need that?  And that sounds like a plumbing thing to me of which we are not plumbers at all and don't deal with inside pipes - if we go on a call and it's not septic related we refer them to a plumbing company 

I have never heard of that stuff before so I can't help you there 

@Candybee My three cats all sleep in one large dog kennel with a semi-puffy dog bed.  "Houdini" always pushes and pushes and pushes the puffy corners before going to sleep.  He doesn't sleep anywhere near the corners just has this need to push down on them. *shudder*  Crazy cats.

GoldieMN

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

@Candybee My three cats all sleep in one large dog kennel with a semi-puffy dog bed.  "Houdini" always pushes and pushes and pushes the puffy corners before going to sleep.  He doesn't sleep anywhere near the corners just has this need to push down on them. *shudder*  Crazy cats.

GoldieMN

How sweet they all sleep together! When you say pushes do you mean doing the paw 'kneading' cats do like when they were kittens snuggling and drinking mom's milk? I love watching a cat 'kneading' on a bed or whatever. They purr when they do that. So cute and sweet!

On 02/03/2018 at 9:05 PM, Moonstar said:

My granddaughters birthday is coming up and she wants me 

to make her unicorn bath bombs 

i have a purchased recipe from 

TWH's that I'm going to use but 

I need some inspiration. Does anyone on here know how to add the eyelashes to the fronts . Are they painted on with mica ? 

Yes, mix your mica with 90% alcohol, the alcohol will evaporate leaving the color painted on. Don't use water, or witch hazel, as they will start to activate your BB's on contact. The alcohol mixture won't. I paint mine all the time. :)

• Thanks 1

We had a couple days of nice weather then it turned cold again. I am so tired of the extreme temp changes.

This week I have a soap order delivery to make at Belle Grove Plantation. I also get to meet the new gift shop and sales coordinator. Friday I will bring them their beer soap order when its ready. But today its silk protein bath soap.

I am out of castile and goat milk, honey & oatmeal soap so will try to get a bunch of those made this week. But I am low on olive oil and will also go to the grocery store to pick some up and a few other grocery items.

Am trying a new smoothie made with beans. Don't know how it will come out yet but wanted to incorporate more beans in my diet. A smoothie would be an easy way to do that. Can you tell I am back on my weight loss diet. This past week I lost 6 lbs. That's a little high but then I just restarted and half of that was water loss. I always get that starting out the first few days. Normally when I diet I only lose 1-2 lbs a week if that.

Saturday I am not doing my market so I may make some more soapies. I am also low on my silk & shea soaps so need to get those done soon.

27 minutes ago, Candybee said:

We had a couple days of nice weather then it turned cold again. I am so tired of the extreme temp changes.

Tell me about it. Last week we broke the national record of extreme temp changes with a 70 degree temp drop in 24 hours.  LOL 70. Degrees. 

This week will be no different. Saturday it was 72° out and today it's supposed to snow. SMH

Congrats on the weight loss and the continued success. I need to get motivated to start walking at lunch. Just need to get over this unpredictable spring weather so I'm not freezing or roasting, depending on the hour of day I go. LOL 

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Yes, mix your mica with 90% alcohol, the alcohol will evaporate leaving the color painted on. Don't use water, or witch hazel, as they will start to activate your BB's on contact. The alcohol mixture won't. I paint mine all the time. :)

Thanks so much ! Im hoping you could help out with another question lol ! She wants Cotton Candy FO, which I have. I use WSP and i think the vanilla content is 9 or10%

do I need to add something to my mixture so they won't turn brown ? Thanks again :) 

Just now, Moonstar said:

Thanks so much ! Im hoping you could help out with another question lol ! She wants Cotton Candy FO, which I have. I use WSP and i think the vanilla content is 9 or10%

do I need to add something to my mixture so they won't turn brown ? Thanks again :) 

I don't use that particular Cotton Candy, but with that high of a vanilla content, I would try to find a vanilla stabilizer that is suitable for BB's (I think BCN has one that is made for lotions that would be suitible) Although I have noticed that in bb's it takes a lot longer to start browning than it does in soap, and I have known some people have said they don't use a vs in their high % vanilla bb's and still get no browning. 

If you have enough time, maybe make a small batch without a vs and see if/when it starts to turn, then you'll know for sure. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I don't use that particular Cotton Candy, but with that high of a vanilla content, I would try to find a vanilla stabilizer that is suitable for BB's (I think BCN has one that is made for lotions that would be suitible) Although I have noticed that in bb's it takes a lot longer to start browning than it does in soap, and I have known some people have said they don't use a vs in their high % vanilla bb's and still get no browning. 

If you have enough time, maybe make a small batch without a vs and see if/when it starts to turn, then you'll know for sure. 

Good idea :) thanks !