Jump to content
Jcandleattic

Week/end plans?

Recommended Posts

I know it's only Tuesday, but this question really is for anybody doing anything crafty at any time this week/weekend. 

 

Nothing for me until Saturday, but I am going to FORCE myself down in my basement to pour at least a couple lbs of wax and make at least 1 batch of soap. 

 

My granddaughter for the last couple days has been asking, and I want to make a St. Patrick's Day soap, so I'll be doing that. 

 

Anyone else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cleaned my craft room last week sooooo, this weekend I get to play outside the house.  I'm going 4 hours North to our huge once a month antique faire in Alameda to shop for the store, this is my true passion, so much fun.  Really need to get Spring stuff started but it can wait another week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have plans to make 4-6 more batches of soap and some sugar scrubs.  If I have time then some lip balm and bath fizzies might be in the plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate that I have to FORCE myself to get down in the basement, but that's where I'm at at the moment. I hate winter. It's soul-sucking to me. I really REALLY need to be someplace warm during the winter. When I retire I may end up becoming one of those "snow birds" that go south for the winter. 

 

And it really is just the cold, because we do have sunshine everyday, but it sucks when it LOOKS like it's 80 outside, but yet it's only 5. LOL 

Can't open up the house to air it out or anything. 

 

And now I'm just complaining (which I tend to do a lot during this time of year, so I'll stop!!) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

I hate that I have to FORCE myself to get down in the basement, but that's where I'm at at the moment. I hate winter. It's soul-sucking to me. I really REALLY need to be someplace warm during the winter. When I retire I may end up becoming one of those "snow birds" that go south for the winter. 

 

And it really is just the cold, because we do have sunshine everyday, but it sucks when it LOOKS like it's 80 outside, but yet it's only 5. LOL 

Can't open up the house to air it out or anything. 

 

And now I'm just complaining (which I tend to do a lot during this time of year, so I'll stop!!) :)

If it's any consolation...I live near Seattle, and we would think we'd been raptured if we got sunshine on any kind of regular basis. Last winter was SO dreary (worse than usual), and this one is turning out to be much the same. Oh, and we get lots of drizzling rain with the grey/white skies too. However, our temps are higher than yours. Still, don't wanna do anything outside when it's so wet and there's no sun (+ cold). I think we all (up here) need to have our heads examined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gsmakinsoap said:

If it's any consolation...I live near Seattle, and we would think we'd been raptured if we got sunshine on any kind of regular basis. Last winter was SO dreary (worse than usual), and this one is turning out to be much the same. Oh, and we get lots of drizzling rain with the grey/white skies too. However, our temps are higher than yours. Still, don't wanna do anything outside when it's so wet and there's no sun (+ cold). I think we all (up here) need to have our heads examined. 

I could literally never live in a place like that. I have a slight case of LAD or I guess they call it SAD now - but either way, when it's dreary and no sunshine I get super depressed and just want to sleep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I could literally never live in a place like that. I have a slight case of LAD or I guess they call it SAD now - but either way, when it's dreary and no sunshine I get super depressed and just want to sleep.

 

I get that way too. A couple years ago I started going to the tanning beds in the winter. I know, skin cancer, but I play it on the safe side by only doing 10 minutes 1x a week. You would not believe what a difference those 10 minutes of UV rays makes in my energy, recovery, and mood!

 

Back to the topic at hand, today is my day off, so it's kind of my "weekend". I just made 2 batches of soap and a batch of sugar scrub. I'm using a tropical beachy fragrance I blended myself, and it exactly what I needed today. 😄

I have an order coming in from Lotioncrafter soon, I'm hoping it comes by Friday so I can try to make a new face cream over the weekend. I have the formula all written out, I just need the goodies!! And along the lines of my above post, I'm really low on tanning lotion so I need to make some of that too.

Oh yeah, and my daughter and my pregnant friend are both breaking out really bad, so I'd like to make a nice light oil-free treatment gel for them. Always more projects than time!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm making elderberry syrups, liquid soap, bar soap and bath bombs, I am so, amazingly far behind. I'll be working all weekend. I got a SAD light from a friend, I still have to pick it up but I'm really excited to try it.

 

I also just got asked to teach classes on traditional Scottish herbalism and healing so I'll be thinking about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×