Cricut cutting machines

Jeana

9 hours ago, Jeana said:

So I looked this up and its around $3000. Wow, I wish I could get one of those. Maybe one day :( It looks like it does a great job. You can post some videos to make us jealous, LOL. 

So I bought it about it in 2015 and they have since upgraded their models. I paid under 3 for it as there was a special at the time. When printing labels I had such a hard time with my printer where they would line up then the next sheet would be off then I would adjust things and same thing one sheet would work then the next wouldn't. I also could never get the middle set of labels to ever line up so the middle rows of each sheet were wasted. Lets not even talk about printing round or oval labels. I did a lot of research on printers before settling on this one. I figured the cost would equal out at first since I would not have all the wasted labels. 

Karen in MA

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 6:22 AM, kfintoni said:

Thank you for posting this. It is so nice and smooth. Boy, this would be so nice. Can it do larger labels, like the cigar band type? I only see label machines printing small labels. And how is the ink? Does it go fast? Is it expensive to buy the cartridges? 

3 hours ago, Jeana said:

Thank you for posting this. It is so nice and smooth. Boy, this would be so nice. Can it do larger labels, like the cigar band type? I only see label machines printing small labels. And how is the ink? Does it go fast? Is it expensive to buy the cartridges? 

Yes it can do larger labels I am just not sure on the size maximum off hand. The label that is printing is 2x4. I buy ink roughly one a year in the colors but have to purchase usually an additional black cartridge. I think it is about $110 for a pack of all 4 cartridges. I love it and though originally had a bit of buyers remorse over the price I do not regret it one bit.

Karen in MA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kfintoni said:

Yes it can do larger labels I am just not sure on the size maximum off hand. The label that is printing is 2x4. I buy ink roughly one a year in the colors but have to purchase usually an additional black cartridge. I think it is about $110 for a pack of all 4 cartridges. I love it and though originally had a bit of buyers remorse over the price I do not regret it one bit.

Karen in MA

That's actually not bad at all for the ink. Much cheaper than I expected. 

Both that model primera and the earlier models can print long label stock, you just need to design the label landscape. 

My model is an older generation LX500 which can only print up to 4” wide. Turning the label sideways in the design software I can print whatever total length I need. My model has 1 ink cartridge for all colors. Don’t love that, but it’s about $50 to replace and in my case all colors seem to be used equally according to the ink meter.

the model in the vid above can print up to 8” wide. I love that they split the colors into separate cartridges, but could not justify the added $ at my level of printing. 🙁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smellywax said:

Does the primera printer have it's own label design software? What do you use to design the label?

It has a free app called bartender light. It’s rudimentary but it works. I use either Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, access, or even Photoshop. 

• Thanks 1