Vybar In Wax Melts

Galenr3393

Wow, that's a lot of FO! I use 1.1 to 1.2 PPO of FO with that wax, and have no problem with throw, with most fragrances. It's a pre-blended wax, it shouldn't need any additives.  

I do have a few fragrances that don't throw well with that wax, but they don't throw well in my candles either, so I know it's the nature of that particular FO, not the wax.

It's just my opinion, but I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of wax tarts. It's a little .5 to 1oz pool of wax trying to fragrance a whole room, or an entire area of a house. You'll get some FOs that are super powerful, sure, but I think they are the exception and not the rule. Personally, if I can smell the fragrance in the background for an 8 hour day of melting, I call it a winner and move on. Again, just IMO!

• Like 3

Too much vybar, and you can bind your scent and not get any throw at all. As Sarah said, if it's a preblend it already has additives in the wax, most likely vybar, and you wouldn't need any more. 

I agree with Sarah also about people having unrealistic expectations, and also find that the melter you are using depends a LOT on the type of throw you are going to get. If I can find it and link it, there is an excellent thread here on the board, started by our dear friend Old Glory that is an awesome outlook on the different types of melters. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2018 at 8:53 AM, Jcandleattic said:

Too much vybar, and you can bind your scent and not get any throw at all. As Sarah said, if it's a preblend it already has additives in the wax, most likely vybar, and you wouldn't need any more. 

I agree with Sarah also about people having unrealistic expectations, and also find that the melter you are using depends a LOT on the type of throw you are going to get. If I can find it and link it, there is an excellent thread here on the board, started by our dear friend Old Glory that is an awesome outlook on the different types of melters. 

Personally, I never use Vybar..... to much of a chance of it locking up the fragrance........I'm sure that there are Chandlers that are experience with Vybar but I am not one of then.

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 2:53 AM, Jcandleattic said:

Hi , I tried to search for the link regarding melters and couldn't find it. Can you ellaborate on it by any chance? This is something I never ever imagined! thankyou Sally x

7 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Here you go - 

7 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Here you go -    WOW thankyou so much! It was a great read .... it's helped me a lot figuring out a problem I'm having. I must confess , when I first read you original post about the difference melters' made , I was thinking you meant the WAX melting pot! I swear I should really be blonde ;) LOL I take things so literal , it gets me into a tonne of trouble! Anyway , I learnt heaps and am so happy to be on this site. It is a lifesaver and the advice is always fabulous. It's really cold at my place and my 15w bulb melter is pitiful ... going to have to fix it up xx