Reorganized my FO stash, wanna see?

GailC

I feel so accomplished.  :)  This year, my accumulation of FO's outgrew the one cabinet in the kitchen I used. So I had to find shelves in my closet and in my bedroom and I hated having them scattered out throughout the house.

So I cleaned out a couple of shelves in another cabinet, moved stuff around from here to there, and now my FO's are all back in the kitchen, kind of organized according to supplier, and I even have room for more.  Which is good because I have 6 pounds coming from NG today.  :)  

It's not a perfect system, but it's better. I don't have a workroom, so I make do.  

Want to show us your stash?  I like to see how others do it.  

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0017.JPG

• Like 10

Very well organized!

can I make a suggestion to prevent something stinky that happened to me? Add a tray to catch drips and split bottles. Those shelves will soak up spills and never let go, making the wood more flammable. 😳  Taking this step will make GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) even easier to achieve.

I ended up buying boxes like these when they were on sale for $5 last tax season. They fit 12 Amber glass perfectly. The cylinder bottles fit even more! They stack too. Bonus, the box contains the VOC's a bit more than when left open, so our lungs and sinuses feel better.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lorell-Letter-Legal-Plastic-File-Box/22242200

IMG_1420.JPG

• Like 4

Woo hoo!  Ordered from Nature's Garden yesterday.  Got my order today.  

Do any of you take forever to decide which FO's you're going to order and keep changing the ones in your cart?  I needed more Wintry Candy Apple for a customer order, and naturally I had to order at least 4 more to get the discount per bottle.  I am happy with all I chose finally, at least OOB.

You might remember I went to NG last summer with a list.  I did manage to check some I liked to order later.  So I had something to go by.  Plus I read reviews. Here is what I wound up ordering:

Banana Nut Bread - because it's the monthly special and a best seller.  

Raspberry Cream Cupcake - Smells good enough to eat.  I smell the frosting and everything

Australian Bamboo Grass - Oh I like this clean, green scent!

Tahitian Vanilla - Interesting, not a regular vanilla that's for sure.  I was trying to figure out what it smells like; maybe like brown sugar icing tastes.  I like it though.

Butt Naked - much better than the Aztec sample.  I didn't have this one on my list at all, but it is a best seller and had tons of reviews.  The hint of spice in with the tropical notes intrigued me.  But I have to think of a name.  I kept the name of Monkey Farts, but my wholesale account won't order that one because of the name, so I know she wouldn't go for Butt Naked.  I just don't like the name either.  I'll think of a tropical name or place.

Now I have room in my cabinet to put these in with the other NG fragrance oils.  :) 

• Like 1

I shouldn't have clicked ! I now have FO Stash Envy! 😆

I love it Gail, I would be so excited to make smelly lovelies with all those oils! And so organized!

Great idea too, @TallTayl, I am so messy, I have drippy bottles everywhere.

No way am I going to show pictures of my stash, it is just barely more organized than my closets, and only because of basic GMP standards! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice job Gail! You have a lot of fragrances there!

Mine aren't so neat but I do have them organized into box sections for soaping and candlemaking. I even have boxes for my EOs. Thes pics are the oils I currently use. I have the boxes of FOs I don't use in the back room and there are about as many as in these pics.

The first pic is my soaping FOs & Eos. The EOs are in the front row of the middle shelf with soapin FOs  behind. My extra bottle of soaping FOs are on the top shelf or next photo.

5a611c10337c9_FOsshelf2.jpg.02cb660e3412fb7ba6bf2cc1af08d18d.jpg

Candlemaking FOs are on the bottom shelf. I only have 2 boxes of these are for fall and holiday only.

5a611c1b4f4dc_Fosshelf3.jpg.480b2c12829e4deb716c436e5d67ace6.jpg

5a611c231c6c9_FOsshelf.jpg.ac4a47c13fed047e8b63c9418b3cd7d3.jpg

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

@Candybee, I like the way you have your scents grouped by type.  Maybe I'll try that one of these days.  Bakery, Fruit, Tropical, Floral, Clean, etc, etc. But then I would forget if I put the Cantaloupe & Lily in the fruit or floral.  :)  Oh, I could go by the first word of the scent!  So fruit.  

That might work better than grouping by supplier. 

• Like 1

Looks just wonderful Gail!  Doesn't it make things just go so much more smoother?  I like to be organized myself and have a clean head when all is in order but I can get so out of order so quickly...gets me disgusted and then a mess starts but I clean as I go....My problem is I work in my kitchen.  I just need to get everything all set up in the basement where I took an entire kitchen that came out of a clients house they were going to throw out all their kitchen cabinets and even an 8foot by 4foot wide island.  I'll have to get some pictures.  I have it all set up in the basement the cabinetry.  The counters of all the kitchen in the basement is an ugly blue formica (hate blue), but I don't give a crap.  It's easy to clean.  I have a tall primitive cabinet that I took out of a horse barn and I have my oils in it like yours.  Now I have mine organized by catagories of scents like vanillas, pumpkins, pines, bakery, clean, floral, wines....etc. I'll see if I can snap some pictures.

Oh, love those oils you ordered!  Let us know how they peform.:hello:

Trappeur

• Like 1

@soshiegirl, it's really not that great of a system.  The top shelf of one cabinet is all Nature's Garden and I still had to pull out a bunch of bottles to find the one I was looking for.

One of these days I may try Candybee's method and group them according to types.  

But I am glad to have all my FO's back in one room in the same area of the kitchen.

I'll never show my stash of boxes around full shelves for fear that there would see the fragrance oil that I just ordered or I'd see that I didn't have J, K, L fragrances and would want to round out the alphabet lol! 

But anyone is welcome to organize me. Just don't lose the FO(s) that I will need to be working on. 

I use a old stand up freezer we had for years when we bought half cows and pork to stock up meat for the year 

it's been unplugged for years conveniently in the room I make candles so one day I filled her up and organized by supplier 

well something bust in there and the entire freezer is enough to make you pass out when you open it- I cleaned the best I could and I think it was Oregon trails bugg off because the bottle had hardly any it with no obvious cracks and I know I only used that FO once or twice 

thankfully it's sealed but when you open it you need a respirator 

thinking I will do like TT suggested and put them in containers that will fit on the shelves so if it happens again it's somewhat contained and not all over everything!

its in the room our furnace is also so hopefully we don't ever have a fire because it would be an explosion off the fumes alone 😳

Edited by moonshine
  • Haha 1

Well here is where my stash is in an old primitive cabinet I got out of a barn.  What I did was make box shelving and screw right onto the door to hold more oils.

And I do all mine in catagories like Candybe does.

Trappeur

CIMG9988.JPG

CIMG9975.JPG

CIMG9979.JPG

CIMG9977.JPG

CIMG9983.JPG

CIMG9981.JPG

• Like 4

Wow, great job organizing.  Mine is such a mess it's embarrassing.  I really need to get my stuff organized.  I took over the spare bedroom for storage and supplies.  It's in such a crazy mess right now I struggle to find things.  It's so much easier when it's organized.  I love the idea of labeling the shelves/storage containers.  I might have to give it a try.  I currently have them by supplier and it take forever to find things sometimes.

Nice Gail!  My fo's are the ONLY thing organized in my workroom.  Since I use the room for other crafts it has become a disaster.  I need to clean it up stat but too much going on this month with the other business.  Love seeing pics of what everyone does,  gives me a push to get cleaning!

I keep mine by supplier and have a cross reference list just in case I have a brain fart and can't remember which box to look for a scent.  Each supplier has a plastic tub and a few that I'm doing away with share a tub.  I need to move a couple suppliers into 2 tubs as they are overflowing now and I can't get the lids on.  Tubs are in an old armoire that hubby put shelves in for me.   I do covered tubs because my workshop is actually a downstairs level that has an open bedroom so I don't want guests getting ill from all the smells of those fo's.

• Like 1

Wow! @Trappeur....you even have a grouping for scents I hate.  :)  I love your labeling.  Now I have to start all over because I want to group by type instead of supplier.  I think anyway.  I have a  list of FO's by supplier but I usually remember where I got a certain oil anyway, so I know where to start digging for a certain scent.

Very nice job on your box shelves for samples. I used to have my one oz. samples  in a drawer, but now I have so many, I also have a large shoebox full.  I didn't show those in the pictures.  I do have a box of mostly 2 ounce samples from Millcreek on the bottom shelf in the photo.