Need really large but thin book for a crafty project

Darbla

I'm trying to make a really large eyeshadow palette.  The following video shows one made from a kids' book which can be had for just a few dollars from Amazon.  The problem is the size shown in the video does not look like the dimensions mentioned on Amazon for the book (12"x10") so I'm trying to find something larger, if possible.  Or maybe it really is and she's just tiny so it looks huge!  I'm literally going to my local public library today to see if they have this book and to look around for others that I could then go purchase, but I thought I'd run this by you guys to see if you have any suggestions.  Basically I need the largest, 1/2" thick book I can find.  Any ideas?

34 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I find all sizes of books for various projects at secondhand stores like Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.

GoldieMN

Same here! 

One of those ridiculously huge coffee table books that were really popular for a while would work too. 

For custom, I have made similar things using something tough and flexible, like duct tape, to bind two pieces of chip board. The contact paper will cover that right up. You can make it as thick or thin of a binding as you need.