Golden Wax 416

RoxWix

I had NO luck with 416 - the frost got worse after I melted it and then cooled. Absolutely ugly and granular looking.   I will say that I did not spend a lot of time tweaking it at all, and promptly crossed it off my list of possible waxes.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 7:48 AM, Scents and Warmers said:

I use 416 and blend it 20% with ProBlend 650 and add 3tsp coconut oil per pound and get absolutely perfect results. It is a very dry wax so you must compensate with something else. I go 10% on my FO. 

I can't emphasize enough how dry this wax is.  If you use it straight, let it sit for six months, and pull a melt out of a cupboard, it's bad.  Bad, bad.   Frosted and cracked.  

:)  I'm digging through the hoard and taking my failures to the gals in the office tomorrow.  They'll toss it in a warmer and will love it anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KrisS said:

:)  I'm digging through the hoard and taking my failures to the gals in the office tomorrow.  They'll toss it in a warmer and will love it anyway.

That's nice, yes, I'm sure they will enjoy them. It's better than just tossing them in the trash. :thumbsup:

I find it works okay on melts if you don't plan to look at the part that's exposed while cooling. Like my bears and the deep hearts that once you pull from the molds you flip over anyhow. The frosting didn't seem to be on the parts that actually had contact with the mold. I only got a 5lb bag of this so I've only used it a few times but the results were okay. Not any worse than the 494 which frosts quite a bit too!

• Thanks 1

Don't know yet about frosting or cure time. I just recently started testing out GW/LP 416 Soy Tart Wax. So far I have only made a few loose "wax only melts" with it so I can see how the wax performs. The melts either cracked into pieces when I popped them out of the molds or some had cracks in them. They were a pretty opaque, cream color and I noticed they didn't have sinkholes, very flat, only the ice cubes dipped in the center just a tiny bit. I was pleasantly surprised and that certainly gave me a few ideas. Geez, I can tell in that one picture that I need a manicure. LOL

2019-01-30 18.07.51.jpg

2019-01-30 17.56.59.jpg

2019-01-30 17.48.14.jpg

Edited by Laura C