New Store - New Label

Trappeur

Hello everyone,

Got a new store which is a primitive/antiques shop.....really beautiful shop.  Haven't seen one like this in quite some time.

The jar she is going with is the pint canning jar with either a rust or black lid.

She loves sunflowers and asked me to come up with a label with sunflowers on it so here are 4 I came up with.

So I would like to get everyone's choice on which they think would be the best choice.

My choice is the one with the black.  I'm thinking by going with the black one the rust lid will work as well as the black one.    

I sent her these pictures also, so it will be good to know what she chooses and what everyone here chooses as the best one.  I'll let

everyone know once I hear from her tomorrow.

Thanks for your opinions.

Trappeur

Trappeurs lodge sunflower 3.jpg

Trappeurs lodge sunflower 4.jpg

Trappeurs lodge sunflower 5.jpg

Trappeurs lodge 6.jpg

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, Sarah S said:

Always love to see your labels, Trapp!

#4 is my favorite, the black is striking, and I agree with you about the lids.

#3 gets a vote because is is very pretty and classic country.

The other two are nice, but not contenders, lol.

I agree with Sarah!  But in reverse!  I love #3...# 4 comes in second. 

Can't wait to find out which is the winner!

You really put your heart and soul into your products, Trapp.

Edited by barbaranj

Thankyou Barbara.....well I try.....I spend endless hours on labels it's horrible....I try to come up with something different that no one else has.  For example the black label when I found the sunflower there was no black in it.  The entire background was that yellow/gold color.  It just didn't have enough punch so I started doodling and adding a touch of this and that.  The sunflower was almost the entire label so I kept minimizing it and moved it all around on the label till I got to something I liked.  Oh well....

One of my missions is to get another new style jar.  I'm really getting tired of using the pint canning jar.  It''s really getting old.  But the shops that I sell to, that is their look/theme.   Canning jars are big up here.  So it's always an endless thing to try and come up with different ways to decorate the jars to be different and there isn't much....though I've got another idea I'm working on that I will put up some pictures on.  Canning jars are wonderful for me as I can go to the grocery store and buy for 6.50 a case of 12 so I have no shipping and can run to town and get.  I can really dress them up or down with applications of labels that I come up with and change out the lids too.  But this is a new year and I really would like to find some new style jar (for cheap) that I can play around with.  There is not much to choose out there.  Boy these suppliers need to start coming out with new designs.  Everyone has the same darn jars.  So the search begns (again...)

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

You have a real talent Trappeur, I love them all...but if I had to choose it would be #3 then #4. I really like the big sunflowers right in the center of #3....can't wait to hear which one your using. On a side not I've been thinking about you and the cold weather....Hope your staying warm! 

Hi Sunday!

aaahhh....thankyou....well it sure has been a little tough going with the bitter cold we're having.  Right now its 23degrees.  Night time has gone to the single digits.  But it keeps me on my toes with keeping the wood stove filled and now these past few nights having to keep the fireplace in the living room going so 2 things at once...lol  Well the good news middle of week supposed to get in the 50;s and Thursday even 60!  Did put a damper on making candles for me as the tops of the candles when solid get hairline cracks in them....so I'm going to rush the candles downstairs where the wood stove is and put them on a 6foot table I have down there so I don't get cracks.

Trappeur

• 2 weeks later...

I like #3 The best. I think just the black in the center of the sunflowers is enough to pull out the black lid color. #4 Is my second runner up. All four are lovely though and you did a great job. The third one I think the scent is my focal point. That's what I like too so I can scan through the jars quick for scents I find appealing.