How long do you leave your Holiday decor outside ?

katmeltswax

I promised to share my crafty CHRISTMAS STORY leg lamp with Trapp :)

I was late with decorating outside this year ,my lamp made it to the porch ,along with more luckily. I lost her black stiletto & will find a replacement for next year & going to make a larger shade ,paint it gold & add black fringe ,just like in the movie . I hope others will share some your décor .I enjoy seeing others ideas & crafts .I hope you see the post Trapp . I know it will crack you a smile :)

Gosh I hope I have this in the right place to post ,not to familiar with the site yet .Sorry if I did not place this in the right category . JC may help me out on placement correctly ,Thanks in advance .

Edited by katmeltswax
  • Like 1

I usually leave ours up until after the NWSS - that's when the city takes theirs down, so that's when I take mine down. 

(NWSS = National Western Stock Show - usually runs the 2nd and 3rd week of January this year it runs from the 6th - the 21st, so we'll be taking our decorations down around the 27th of January) 

56 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

JC may help me out on placement correctly ,Thanks in advance .

I'll leave it here. 

It could have also went into the Off Topic area. (OT area is for anything not candle, soap, bb, or crafty related, but this has an element of craft in it with your lampshade you are going to create) 

• Like 1

Hubby is in charge of the outdoor decorations, so it could be any time between now and June, lol.

I'm in charge of the inside, and the tree is already down!

I left up just a couple of decorations, including a wonderful handmade light-up Star Wars glass panel that my friend made for me. I'll post a pic later to keep this thread crafty. 😉😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes photos are interesting,love to see others decorating ideas  I leave ours in the yard until the last day of Jan lol. I was running behind this year ,so want to enjoy it a while longer .Lol I promised Trapp a pic of my leg lamp ,so hoping she sees this .

My stuff will all come down this weekend.  With the exception of the outdoor things as it's too darn cold to even think of staying out there for too long.  So, I'll just pull the timer plug to keep santa and the elf from inflating and my mini trees from lighting up. 

This is the glass panel my friend made for me. Isn’t it great?

We are both big sci-fi/fantasy geeks, so it’s just perfect! It’s hard to see, but there are little Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker stickers with Santa hats and a Darth Vader with a Santa hat on the back. Too cute. I’ll keep it up for a few more weeks. 284526BB-6CB5-48D5-8E11-4DEA535CA301.thumb.jpeg.50569b88b0d2b8cfedb124084e7bc38b.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarah S said:

This is the glass panel my friend made for me. Isn’t it great?

We are both big sci-fi/fantasy geeks, so it’s just perfect! It’s hard to see, but there are little Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker stickers with Santa hats and a Darth Vader with a Santa hat on the back. Too cute. I’ll keep it up for a few more weeks. 284526BB-6CB5-48D5-8E11-4DEA535CA301.thumb.jpeg.50569b88b0d2b8cfedb124084e7bc38b.jpeg

Love this so unique .

I try to take down my Cmas decorations on New Year's Day.  At the very least, I take down the first week in January.  By then, I am more than ready for the house to be back to normal.  LOL  The holidays just flew by in a blur for me this year.  But it was wonderful to have one of my besties (my mom) visiting from AZ for C'mas and New Year's.  :D  We hate the miles between us, and always have tons of fun when we get together. :soapbabydance:

8 minutes ago, Pam W said:

ya know, I got out my Xmas lites and decided it wasn't worth the trouble and put them back in the closet so i don't have to worry about when to take them down.................

I always enjoy putting out the yard decor & dread taking it all down .I got such a late start this year ,due to fulfilling orders ,along with shopping.Ready for a New Year of starting over ,cleaning ,donating ,and most of all new fragrance scents lol. I will be clearing alot of oil inventory to buy more .That's makes sense right lol

Until everything thaws out and the birds are chirping again 🤣

I did unplug the lights but they stay on the house until spring - my wreath until the sun starts to burn it 

inside all is down but the tree...I'm going to enjoy it another week before that chore gets disassembled 

I decided to take ours down a bit earlier this year than normal. I have so much carry-over vacation to take before March that I'm taking next week off, so I'll start the demantling of everything on the 14th or 15th. 

We don't have much - we didn't decorate the outside of the house this year because we were in the midst of re-tiling our roof (and of course they didn't show up to do it until yesterday!!) and my husband already took both trees down on the inside of the house, so now all we have left to take down is the tchotchke's around the house. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so... 

On 1/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, katmeltswax said:

I was late with decorating outside this year ,my lamp made it to the porch ,along with more luckily. I lost her black stiletto & will find a replacement for next year & going to make a larger shade ,paint it gold & add black fringe ,just like in the movie . I hope others will share some your décor .I enjoy seeing others ideas & crafts .I hope you see the post Trapp . I know it will crack you a smile :)

Gosh I hope I have this in the right place to post ,not to familiar with the site yet .Sorry if I did not place this in the right category . JC may help me out on placement correctly ,Thanks in advance .

On 1/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, katmeltswax said:

OMG Kat!   That is just sooooo funny and cool!   Love it!     Well at least you got your decorations and tree up!   I still haven't done anything since my husband died..I tried to get it done this year but just too much stuff happened  to me. .But next year I am going to for sure.  But at least it was nice as my 2 sisters and I skyped together the 3 of us and it was like I was sitting in their living room right along with everyone else for the holiday...Thanks so much putting that picture up there.  Next year we get to see the stiletto and fringe! lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trappeur said:

OMG Kat!   That is just sooooo funny and cool!   Love it!     Well at least you got your decorations and tree up!   I still haven't done anything since my husband died..I tried to get it done this year but just too much stuff happened  to me. .But next year I am going to for sure.  But at least it was nice as my 2 sisters and I skyped together the 3 of us and it was like I was sitting in their living room right along with everyone else for the holiday...Thanks so much putting that picture up there.  Next year we get to see the stiletto and fringe! lol

Trappeur

So glad you found the pic lol.I knew it would get a laugh from ya 😀 The holidays have been hard for me as well. I lost my Mom,Dad and brother all in a short amount of time ,brother was only 56 & loved life. I have been staying busy the past few years to pass the time .I help my sister in law as much as I can ,she struggles since he passed 3 years ago ,so very hard to go forward.Just have to know they would want us to be positive and finish our journey. I wish you a better year Trapp .Lol yea I will get my lamp looking much better for next year .So many people have asked where is the shoe .My Pomeranian chewed it up ,he is spoiled . Definitely will find another stiletto and craft a better shade .In the movie it is gold with black fringe .Stay positive & remain close with your sisters . Blessings I send to you my friend 😀

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...