I'm thinking SUMMER scents! Help w/ fragrances and a name

ellajoan

Yes, already!  We have a few tried and true but are starting to test a few new ones for summer markets.  I'm looking for a few--can you help me?

Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen Dupe (the fragrance oil finder used to list one, but that is no more)

Pear scent

Watermelon scent that isn't too sweet

I also need a good name for CS Rhubarb and Fig--something fun!

Thanks in advance.  I am definitely thinking WARM weather, as it's been well below zero here in Michigan all week with 27 inches of snow last week, as well!

52 minutes ago, ellajoan said:

Yes, already!  We have a few tried and true but are starting to test a few new ones for summer markets.  I'm looking for a few--can you help me?

Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen Dupe (the fragrance oil finder used to list one, but that is no more)

Pear scent

Thanks in advance.  I am definitely thinking WARM weather, as it's been well below zero here in Michigan all week with 27 inches of snow last week, as well!

I google fragrance oil names now that fragrance oil finder is no more.  

So with google's help I found a dupe from Nature's Garden for Hawaiian Tropic

https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/hawaiian-suntan-fragrance-oil

Also Bulk Apothecary and Wellington carry it according to my search.  I've never ordered from either of them.

The pear my customers like is Pearberry which I also get from Nature's Garden.  Pear & Vanilla Bean from Millcreek is good too, but a little light in soy wax.

The only watermelon I've ever gotten is Grapefruit Watermelon just because it was the discounted fragrance of the week at Southwest when I ordered jars from them.  :)  I just looked all over for it so I could smell it.  It's definitely not too sweet, but I haven't put it in wax yet, so I really can't comment on how good it is.

Can't help on names...I'm terrible at that.  Rhubarb & Fig sounds like an interesting combination.

Just an FYI, my two very favorite spring/summer fragrances are Cantaloupe & Lily from Aztec and Berry Tangerine from Candlewic.  My DIL had a Cantaloupe & Lily burning in her bathroom the other day, and it smelled so good!  I hadn't smelled that scent in awhile, and it's just lovely.  Berry Tangerine may even be a tad better!  That's just my personal opinion though.

• Like 1

Have you tried Watermelon Lemonade? I got a sample from Maplestreet, and it was a nice combination of sweet and tart. I'm pretty sure Flaming sells it as well, if I re-order it I'm going to try Flaming's because I generally find their quality to be better. I think Aztec sells that one as well.... Maybe it's Aztec I'm thinking of and not Flaming... Either way, I thought Watermelon Lemonade was a good one, and at least a couple vendors have it! 😄

• Like 1

Love, love, love the Watermelon from Gen Wax and check out their Juicy bits of orange while you're at it.  Their watermelon smells like the actual fruit no candy notes here. 

Pear - I really love Perfect Pear from Just Scent

As for the Rhubarb and Fig scent isn't there a summer picnic pie that uses those two ingredients or have I just lost my mind?  Good luck!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, soshiegirl said:

Love, love, love the Watermelon from Gen Wax and check out their Juicy bits of orange while you're at it.  Their watermelon smells like the actual fruit no candy notes here. 

As for the Rhubarb and Fig scent isn't there a summer picnic pie that uses those two ingredients or have I just lost my mind?  Good luck!

Where is Gen Wax located ? I have never heard of this Co.How would you rate their oils ,sounds good .Bits of orange  .Do you recommend more ? I love looking at different co oils and price and quality comparison .Thanks so much in advance .

21 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Where is Gen Wax located ? I have never heard of this Co.How would you rate their oils ,sounds good .Bits of orange  .Do you recommend more ? I love looking at different co oils and price and quality comparison .Thanks so much in advance .

I believe Gen Wax is General Wax located in California. Not 100% sure on that though, as I don't use them. 

5 minutes ago, Candybee said:

For the fig and rhubarb why don't you just call it strawberry rhubarb?

Would you get notes of strawberry though? Fig and strawberry, at least to my sense of smell, don't smell the same at all. Not sure what I'd name that one, but I do have a strawberry rhubarb from Peak that is very tart rhubarb with a very sweet strawberry. Smells great OOB, but morphs in soap and haven't put it in wax.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Yes it has strawberry in it. That's why I thought of the name.

Ah, okay because the Fig and Rhubarb that I used to have didn't have any strawberry in it. I can't remember where I got it from though. I think NG - but only had 2oz of it, and I didn't really like it, so didn't order any more. 

Sex on the Beach, Butt Naked, Monkey Farts, Driftwood or Sandalwood Vanilla, Hawaiian Breeze.. these are all great summertime sellers.

Don't forget citronella candles or odor eliminator candles. They sell big for me.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

Sex on the Beach, Butt Naked, Monkey Farts, Driftwood or Sandalwood Vanilla, Hawaiian Breeze.. these are all great summertime sellers.

Don't forget citronella candles or odor eliminator candles. They sell big for me.

CB  where do you get Hawaiian Breeze ? I have been wanting a great dupe for the Febreze one ,so far no luck at all. I tried Keystone and NG .Still on the hunt for one that smells really close & strong .Thank you in advance 😀

On 12/31/2017 at 2:01 PM, ellajoan said:

Pear scent

Aztec has Hawaiian Tropics ,smells exactly like the original sunscreen .It has a weak throw in my paraffin .I love the Copper coconut from Aztec ,strong with a wonderful coconut aroma .I do use their Hawaiian Tropics in Bath Bombs thou ,perfect & smells great . Coconut is popular for me during the summer months .

On 1/10/2018 at 12:09 PM, katmeltswax said:

GenWax is located in California, Los Angeles/Hollywood, I think.  I really like their oils a lot. I don't order from them much because of shipping.  I've never had a problem with their oils not throwing.  Great true scents.  Other ones I like are:

Caribbean Getaway

Bahama Breeze

Iced Raspberry

Orange Vanilla

Aloe and Water Lily

Litsea Cubeba

Ones I have but have not put in wax include:  Rich Chocolate, Sweet coffee, lychee, sun and sand and strawberry fields

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

GenWax is located in California, Los Angeles/Hollywood, I think.  I really like their oils a lot. I don't order from them much because of shipping.  I've never had a problem with their oils not throwing.  Great true scents.  Other ones I like are:

Caribbean Getaway

Bahama Breeze

Iced Raspberry

Orange Vanilla

Aloe and Water Lily

Litsea Cubeba

Ones I have but have not put in wax include:  Rich Chocolate, Sweet coffee, lychee, sun and sand and strawberry fields

All the scents you named sound great .Dang I cannot resist checking out this company now lol. Is the Bahama breeze in any way similar to the Hawaiian breeze that Febreze puts out ? Iced raspberry sounds sooooo good ,love the name as well .I am going to this site today and definitely order some samples .Such great summer scents 😀Thank you bunches!!!!

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

CB  where do you get Hawaiian Breeze ? I have been wanting a great dupe for the Febreze one ,so far no luck at all. I tried Keystone and NG .Still on the hunt for one that smells really close & strong .Thank you in advance 😀

Tri-State Candle has the glade type Hawaiian Breeze. I really love this one! CS has a Beach Linen that reminds me of a hawaiian breeze type scent. They are different from each other but both are very nice and very summery. I am sure some other suppliers carry a Hawaiian Breeze. Its just after I found these two I quit looking.

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I wonder if the Iced Raspberry is close to my mix? I mix Wild Raspberry, with a touch of sun-ripened raspberry with cool water and peppermint mixed. It's an amazing scent. I love it. 

This sounds terrific .I think I am going to order some Iced Raspberry ,sounds sooooo good .I bet your blend is so refreshing .Do you soap this one ,or both wax and soap? 

I've soaped it and it moved a bit fast (most mixes do, and it has the water scent in there so double whammy) and I put it in wax, but haven't burned it yet. Sometimes with peppermint if I use too much I get that dreaded fuel smell - so have been a bit leery because the cold throw is so great. 

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

All the scents you named sound great .Dang I cannot resist checking out this company now lol. Is the Bahama breeze in any way similar to the Hawaiian breeze that Febreze puts out ? Iced raspberry sounds sooooo good ,love the name as well .I am going to this site today and definitely order some samples .Such great summer scents 😀Thank you bunches!!!!

@katmeltswax Never smelled Febreeze Hawaiian breeze so I can't tell you.  I've only ever used Hawaiian Breeze Glade type.  If looking for some other great summer scents definitely check out ICS Raspberry Lemonade, BCN Tomato Leaf, BCN Basil and Cucumber, an BCN Basil Sage Mint.  All of them are winners!

• Like 1

I think it's Lilac and Wisteria from Lebermuth that's a really pretty spring floral scent. 

Something you could try mixing up would be a carnation, wisteria, heather, rain and violet. You would have to play with your percentages, but typically more rain than the rest of the fragrances. 

On 1/3/2018 at 12:20 PM, soshiegirl said:

Gen  Wax no longer carries the 

Watermelon 🍉 last time I looked