What scents are you working on now that the holidays are over?

Howdy y'all! I am just getting back into this amazing craft after 2 years of significant tramaand loss in mine and my husband's family and was wondering what scents/collections/ or supporting materials you all are working on or will be working on January etc. Thank you in advance!

Hope life has settled down for you and you are able to enjoy getting back into your craft.

I mostly make soy candles and melts.  Took a break after I got my family Christmas gifts done, and finally made some candles today.  I was going to use one of my many new fragrances, like Redwood & Cedar, French Lavender & Honey, or maybe Cherry Cobbler. But yesterday I got a request for 2 Spiced Apples & Peaches candles, so that's what I made today.  

Maybe next I'll make the Redwood & Cedar. Just got that one this week.  I have, oh so many fragrance oils I haven't used yet.  Some new and some I've had awhile.

I also want to make some Love Spell and Forever Red soon....good Valentine's Day scents.

• Like 2

I was going to ask that question Little Light...Cause I need some suggestions myself.

I'm just like you Goldie....omg...all the samples I have....I probably should sell 1/2 of them really...

That Redwood & Cedar is that the one from Flaming?  Cause if it is, it's super strong.  I Can say that much and very true to its name.

Funny thing, I got 2 candles I have to make in Pumpkin Caramel Crunch (CS) that I have to send to Maine.  I love love that scent.....so rich and gooey...

Yep, next holiday is valentines day I need to work on.....Well I've got plenty of labels for it...

Trappeur

• Like 1

@Trappeur, yes on your recommendation, I bought the Redwood & Cedar from Flaming Candle.  I needed to order more jars from them, but who can only buy boring jars?  That is the only FO I ordered from them though.  Yay me!

But I do have 3 new ones coming from Aztec.  Wanted to try their new Pomegranate Juice for the introductory price.  Read several good comments on here about the Pink Lilac & Willow, so ordered that and Copper Coconut because I liked the sample of that I got.

Gail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Lavender n honey - that sounds 

interesting. Do you actually smell 

the honey 🍯 ? Is it a perfumey 

type scent ?  So excited for  the 

New Year  ! 

I've never really like any straight lavender I've ever bought.  The Lavender & Honey doesn't even smell like lavender to me....maybe that's why I like it.  :)  I haven't used it yet, but OOB, I can't tell that it smells like honey either.  It's definitely not perfumey to me.  Just a nice soft scent that I can't describe.  

I got it from Aztec.  It's a BBW type and here is their scent description:

Green notes accent the lavender accord that intertwines with fresh fern and wild honey in this blend. Warm sandalwood finishes the blend.

Oh, I did smell a Lavender I like at The Candlemaker's Store that I am going to order soon.  It's called Lavender Fields.  I smelled it when I went there two different times and wrote down the name to order it both times, so I must really like it.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chuck_35550 said:

Lavender Martini from NG.

I have been soooo close to putting that one in my cart several times! I'm very curious about it, and the reviews seem mixed. What is your opinion on that one?

I'm over my holiday fragrances, but I just can't bring myself to start testing spring and summer stuff yet, so I'm going to work on some blends with Pink Sugar and play around with my 5,000 versions of vanilla and my 10,000 versions of amber, lol.

I got the Smoke Ginger from Candlewic, which is... interesting. I'm going to pour a candle to see what does in wax, then maybe blend it a bit. OOB it seems like it might need a little help, but you just never know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2017 at 6:57 PM, GailC said:

Hope life has settled down for you and you are able to enjoy getting back into your craft.

I mostly make soy candles and melts.  Took a break after I got my family Christmas gifts done, and finally made some candles today.  I was going to use one of my many new fragrances, like Redwood & Cedar, French Lavender & Honey, or maybe Cherry Cobbler. But yesterday I got a request for 2 Spiced Apples & Peaches candles, so that's what I made today.  

Maybe next I'll make the Redwood & Cedar. Just got that one this week.  I have, oh so many fragrance oils I haven't used yet.  Some new and some I've had awhile.

I also want to make some Love Spell and Forever Red soon....good Valentine's Day scents.

Oooh what is Forever Red? That sounds intriguing... I haven't heard of that or redwood and cedar! Where did you get them if I may ask?

@ThisLittleLightOfMine, Forever Red is a Bath & Body Works type fragrance.  They used to carry it in a perfume and I don't know what else.  I got it at Aztec.  

http://www.candlemaking.com/forever-red-bbw-type.html?___SID=U

I got the Redwood & Cedar at Flaming Candle.  Had gotten a sample of that at Tennessee before they closed and liked it pretty well.  It's a change from all the food/spicy/fruity kinds I make.

Fragrance Buddy carries a Redwood & Cedar as well.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2017 at 8:02 AM, Trappeur said:

I was going to ask that question Little Light...Cause I need some suggestions myself.

I'm just like you Goldie....omg...all the samples I have....I probably should sell 1/2 of them really...

That Redwood & Cedar is that the one from Flaming?  Cause if it is, it's super strong.  I Can say that much and very true to its name.

Funny thing, I got 2 candles I have to make in Pumpkin Caramel Crunch (CS) that I have to send to Maine.  I love love that scent.....so rich and gooey...

Yep, next holiday is valentines day I need to work on.....Well I've got plenty of labels for it...

Trappeur

Hi Trappeur! Long time! 

Valentine and spring scents are what I'm working on now. 

Chocolate, 

Strawberry, Cherry, Raspberry - all the berries really  

and Florals. No lavender though. It give me a migraine if I'm not careful with that one, so when I do make anything with lavender it is usually always in a mix of some sort... 

On 31/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, GailC said:

Read several good comments on here about the Pink Lilac & Willow,

You will not go wrong with this scent. I hope you like it as much as I do... 

On 30/12/2017 at 6:57 PM, GailC said:

I also want to make some Love Spell and Forever Red soon.

LOVE me some Forever Red!! It's a great scent, and only fades a little in soap and not at all in wax (at least it sticks around in my wax) It is a light scent though, so you just have to beware of that. 

• Thanks 1

@Jcandleattic, I received my Aztec order yesterday and I do like the Pink Lilac & Willow pretty well....as much as I can like any floral.  :)

I also got the new Pomegranate Juice.  Smells similar to Fragrance Buddy's Pomegranate to me, except a little less sweet maybe.

With my last order from Aztec, I got a bottle of French Lavender & Honey.  You might try that one because it doesn't even smell like lavender to me.  :)  I haven't put it in wax yet though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Jcandleattic, I received my Aztec order yesterday and I do like the Pink Lilac & Willow pretty well....as much as I can like any floral.  :)

I also got the new Pomegranate Juice.  Smells similar to Fragrance Buddy's Pomegranate to me, except a little less sweet maybe.

With my last order from Aztec, I got a bottle of French Lavender & Honey.  You might try that one because it doesn't even smell like lavender to me.  :)  I haven't put it in wax yet though.

I'm not much on florals either, but the PW&L from them, well, I just fell in love with it. 

I had the french lavender & honey but put it in a lavender gm soap I made for my cousin who gave me the goats milk. I used 4 different lavenders in that soap, and it smelled good but in the end did give me a headache. 

One lavender I found was okay, and I could tolerate was Peaks Lavender Sachet. I'm out of that one, and doubt I'll try and replace it. 

• Like 1

I have to work on everything. Just coming back from a procedure and not sure what all I can (with)stand. I suppose I should make and see. Pink Lilac and Willow will be one but, but, but ... I want to play with several of the fragrances we splurged on from Brambleberry and I'm pretty sure I snuck in ones from RE. Have you all seen (here we go OT) the aroma inhaler things at RE? They look like fragrance snorters in 1980s tampon packaging but they'd be a good concept as long as no one inserted one in their nose and took a deep breath. 

I'm hooked on trying to find a ginger pear, a lemongrass pear (I think it was) and the list I made on scents that got my attention when I find it. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

On January 1, 2018 at 6:33 PM, Sarah S said:

I got the Smoke Ginger from Candlewic, which is... interesting. I'm going to pour a candle to see what does in wax, then maybe blend it a bit. OOB it seems like it might need a little help, but you just never know!

Update on this one - I poured a candle in the Smoke Ginger this afternoon, and it smells TERRIBLE. It does not smell like smoke, which is ok with me, but neither does it smell like Ginger. I'm not really sure how to describe it... It's almost minty, but not a strong clean mint, just a weird musty mint-ish, sweetish, rubbery kind of smell. Not spicy at all, nor is it bright and fresh like a plain Ginger.  I'm not sure if I can bring myself to burn it, it's that bad. So sad, because I got an 8oz bottle (I know, I should know better!), and I don't think it will blend well with anything. 😭

I just wanted to give my opinion, since Candlewic doesn't have reviews for their products.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for the review on this one.I have had a 1 oz sample of CW Smoked Ginger for a long while .I am glad I did not put it into the wax ,does smell strange oob .Also their Spice is very odd ,cannot recommend this one at all.I do love many of CW oils ,just now & then get a weird off one .I think that's with every supplier .I have a pound bottle of CW Christmas Essence & cannot detect anything from this one . I do not care for the White Berry Balsam either .The rest I have used have been Super strong and great in paraffin wax melts .I use their Ulitamate Bold oils . I do love most of CW oils & in my opinion great quality in most I have used ,which includes alot.I could make a super long list of great ones from CW .I do wish they had reviews, also Candlemakers Store no reviews bummer .

• Like 2

Testing Candlescience's Rhubarb and Fig and Brambleberry's Anjou Pear.  Also made some testers of Fillmore's Lavender, Sage & Rosemary, WSP's Mahoghany Teakwood, and  RE's Clementine Lavender.  LOVING Rhubarb and Fig, but I've always had a thing for Rhubarb.  Excited for Clementine Lavender to cure, but I smell mostly orange and little to no lavender.  Has anyone had any success with these?  Testing new scents is one of my favorite things!

• Like 1

@katmeltswax I agree about Candlewic's Spice. What a weird scent it is!  Certainly not your usual spicy fragrance.   It was so cheap I thought I could at least use it for a mixer, but I doubt I'll ever try.

I do like many of Candlewic's FO's however.  Berry Tangerine is one of my very favorite fragrances.  

Speaking of The Candlemaker's Store, I reviewed one of their FO's, Snow Cream.  They never did post the review.  I keep meaning to call them about that.  I have noticed that some of their FO's have short scent descriptions now, so that's something at least.

• Like 2

I doing Love Spell and a couple Chocolate scents for Valentine's Day.  Are the holidays ever really over in our business?  I feel like as soon as my December break is over I have to start on Valentine's, Easter, Spring scents.  Now I'm doing a scent of the month that I'm trying to make a new scent never in my line, I may just have bitten off more than I can chew!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I doing Love Spell and a couple Chocolate scents for Valentine's Day.  Are the holidays ever really over in our business?  I feel like as soon as my December break is over I have to start on Valentine's, Easter, Spring scents.  Now I'm doing a scent of the month that I'm trying to make a new scent never in my line, I may just have bitten off more than I can chew!

Oh no! You have opened up an opportunity to explore and create! Good luck with this! Sounds like a ton of a fun IMO!

I think it was Aztec that had a Cleopatra scent that might be of interest down the line to someone. I've only put it in a perfume bar, but it's definitely gotten its umpf from the musk. 

• Like 2

Oh man...I think I might end up skipping everything until spring/summer scents. Our whole family has been sick and we just moved and it feels overwhelming to even set foot in my workroom lol

But all of these ideas are making me want to get pouring! I had ordered a ton of Fragrance Buddy 1oz to check out, as well as a few from NG and I haven't even unboxed them! 

I have a white tea ginger from somewhere that is very nice OOB that I want to try - it might mix well with a pear as someone was looking for a ginger pear. 

• Like 1

I had some new FO's in mind to make, but I keep getting orders for old ones.  But that's a good thing!

I was thinking business would be kind of dead after Christmas, but so far I've gotten orders for 2 Spiced Apples & Peaches, 5 Leaves, 5 Vanilla Bean Noel, several Peaceful Patchouli, and finally I get to make my new Redwood & Cedar, since my cousin in Utah wants some.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GailC said:

I had some new FO's in mind to make, but I keep getting orders for old ones.  But that's a good thing!

I was thinking business would be kind of dead after Christmas, but so far I've gotten orders for 2 Spiced Apples & Peaches, 5 Leaves, 5 Vanilla Bean Noel, several Peaceful Patchouli, and finally I get to make my new Redwood & Cedar, since my cousin in Utah wants some.

Gail, where did you get your “Peaceful Patchouli”?

• Like 1