Merry Christmas and Hello!

pughaus

Hi Everyone!

Total newbie here as I just poured my 1st two candles last night.  So far they look... not terrible, so I'm feeling pretty encouraged.

I've read through just about every candle making post in this forum going back about 5 yrs so I feel like I'm getting a solid foundation of knowledge and experience - you guys are great!

What brought me to candle making? Well, I've been in the retail/wholesale end of the candle biz for about 20 years.  Does anyone remember Aromatherapy of Rome candles?  I carried the line in my store way back in the 90's and I swear I still have old papers from that store that smell like an AoR patchouli/ylang ylang candle. My lord those things were intense! They got me hooked.  Now, I'm with a large wholesale manufacturers rep agency and among other goodies, we represent several well known candle lines.  I don't need more candles to burn- lucky me, I get them for free- but I do love problem solving and a challenging hobby and I expect plenty of ups and downs as I muddle through the learning process. 

Looking forward to getting to know this craft and all of you!  Happy Holidays!

ps: candles below are coco83 wax which seems to be as easy to use as I've seen described on this board; Im eager to see how they burn.

first_run.jpg

• 2 weeks later...