HELP WITH THE BEST RE MIXERS

Marleigha

Hello ladies!  I hope you are all doing well and finishing up all of your Christmas shopping and all of your wax creations for the holiday season.  🎄🎁

As for me, I'm driving myself bonkers trying to figure out what some of the best scent blenders from RE are.  (other than toasted marshmallow)  I have heard that some condensed milk FO's can smell nasty and sour.  But the ones that are good are REALLY GOOD!  So would like to get at least one condensed milk scent.  👍🏼

The two listed below are both condensed milk type of scents and I of course don't want to get them if they are not strong blenders with a pleasant smell.  

Rustic Escentuals Sweet n' Creamy

Rustic Escentuals Tres Leches Cake

And then the other 2 are creamy scents that I think would make nice creamy blends out of things.  

Rustic Escentuals Whipped Cream

Rustic Escentuals Vanilla Ice Cream

I would greatly appreciate your help/input everyone.  Thanks so much!!!  😇❤🙏🏼

EDIT:  Oh, while I'm at it, I might as well ask about some of the others I was thinking about ordering from RE.

Blue Lagoon

Lovely Type

Elserflower & Moss

Sea Salt & Rice Flower

Coconut Cream Pie

Karma Sutra

Amber Lumiere

Sweet Amber Musk

Awapuhi Seaberry

Pink Berry & Tonka Bean

If you have used any of these please do LMK what you thought of them.  ❤😇

Edited by Marleigha
Added on other FO's

5 hours ago, Marleigha said:

The two listed below are both condensed milk type of scents and I of course don't want to get them if they are not strong blenders with a pleasant smell.  

Rustic Escentuals Sweet n' Creamy

Rustic Escentuals Tres Leches Cake

And then the other 2 are creamy scents that I think would make nice creamy blends out of things.  

Rustic Escentuals Whipped Cream

Rustic Escentuals Vanilla Ice Cream

I would greatly appreciate your help/input everyone.  Thanks so much!!!  😇❤🙏🏼

I was looking at the exact same scents for the exact same reason, lol! I'd love to hear opinions on those too!

Amber Lumiere

Sweet Amber Musk

If you have used any of these please do LMK what you thought of them.  ❤😇

I have eave not used the Amber Lumiere, but it sounds lovely and it's on my wish list to order.

The Sweet Amber Musk is gorgeous, very sweet but in a sexy feminine way. The Amber is a lovely heart note, bright and not at all heavy, and the musk supports it all to create a soft perfume type instead of an incense or bakery type. I adore this! But, I have not put it in wax, I have only used it in B&B applications.

HTH!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't really help you on the condensed milk type scents as I haven't found one that smells like the real deal.  However, I do like RA's Whipped Cream scent; it's a light scent but very nice.  They have a vanilla bean scent that is a true single note scent no added sweetness or creaminess but lovely (might work in some ways).   I like the vanilla ice cream from Fragrance Buddy, yummy!  You might also want to check out ICS and their vanilla smoothie, I use that as a blender with many different things.  One last thing, ICS also has a sugar milk (aka condensed milk) that has some good reviews but I've never tried it.  Good luck!!!

Oh and the Sweet Amber Musk is just wonderful.  I use it in wax and love it.

Edited by soshiegirl
forgot to add note on sweet amber musk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, NaughtyNancy said:

Their purple sandalwood FO is pretty nice, blends well with just about anything in my own experience. 

I would have to agree as I do have purple sandalwood.  I haven't mixed it with anything as of yet but it does smell lovely! TFS!  

14 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

I can't really help you on the condensed milk type scents as I haven't found one that smells like the real deal.  However, I do like RA's Whipped Cream scent; it's a light scent but very nice.  They have a vanilla bean scent that is a true single note scent no added sweetness or creaminess but lovely (might work in some ways).   I like the vanilla ice cream from Fragrance Buddy, yummy!  You might also want to check out ICS and their vanilla smoothie, I use that as a blender with many different things.  One last thing, ICS also has a sugar milk (aka condensed milk) that has some good reviews but I've never tried it.  Good luck!!!

Oh and the Sweet Amber Musk is just wonderful.  I use it in wax and love it.

Hi Soshiegirl!

Thank you for your help.  It's much appreciated.  I have got quite the list going with RE and think I need to chill out.  I've currently got 24, 16 oz bottles and my total climbed rather quickly!  😬  I think I might just follow yours and Belinda's advice about FB Vanilla Ice Cream and skip the Tres Leches Cake and sweet n' creamy from RE.  Without someone that has used them and really enjoyed their fragrance spending an extra $40 on them seems silly especially when I have so many other vanilla FO's.  I've heard that some condensed milk type scents tend to smell sour.  Which is why I wanted to first check with you gals to make sure.  Eeekkkk.... I just put in for a shipping quote and I'm at $45 in shipping charges!!!  

Have you used karma sutra or salt water taffy from RE?  Any suggestions for a great ginger ale scent?  I heard FB fizzy pop is great but was gonna checkout RE's Sparkling ginger too.  Anyone?  Lmk 😇

I remember @TallTayl mentioning she bought a milk FO from American Soy and as I recall she liked it, hopefully she sees this post and will update. I have ICS 

vanilla smoothie and to my nose its on the light side. I think I have a 4 oz bottle ???? RE Whipped cream is super duper light. FB has a good vanilla ice cream 

Ive heard but never used it myself. BB has a champaign that to my nose smells exactly like ginger ale.

• Thanks 1

@Marleigha, I I haven't used karma sutra or salt water taffy (although I think I have a sample of the latter around here somewhere!).  The only ginger ale scent I've smelled and liked was Bramble Berry's Ginger Ale.  It's a dupe of Primal Scents Ginger Fish soap scent which I love.  Sounds like the RE description of sparkling ginger is right on and has some good reviews.  I wish I could be of more help.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2017 at 7:52 AM, Moonstar said:

I remember @TallTayl mentioning she bought a milk FO from American Soy and as I recall she liked it, hopefully she sees this post and will update. I have ICS 

vanilla smoothie and to my nose its on the light side. I think I have a 4 oz bottle ???? RE Whipped cream is super duper light. FB has a good vanilla ice cream 

Ive heard but never used it myself. BB has a champaign that to my nose smells exactly like ginger ale.

Thank you Moonstar!  Yah I'm just trying to find a nice blender that is creamy that can be used in many blend to add an almost creamy note.  Is here anything you use for that kind of effect?  🤔❤😇  Thanks so much again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marleigha said:

Thank you Moonstar!  Yah I'm just trying to find a nice blender that is creamy that can be used in many blend to add an almost creamy note.  Is here anything you use for that kind of effect?  🤔❤😇  Thanks so much again!

I don't really  do much blending 

they just never quite turn out :( 

How were you thinking of using it 

what type of scents are you going after ?  

• Thanks 1

Ok can't help with the creamy one but Sweet Amber Musk is one of my steady sellers. 

Sea Salt & Rice Flower I like but not a big seller for me.

Pink Berry & Tonka Bean  I don't really like and it sells so so.  Below is a list of most of what I use from RE that are better sellers, I do have a few more since I last updated this list.

image.png.136dc9710a6be6b0b54e911e9c83ed35.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I don't really  do much blending 

they just never quite turn out :( 

How were you thinking of using it 

what type of scents are you going after ?  

In the beginning I didn't do much blending.  But eventually I just started playing around with mixing stuff and came up with some complex and unique scents from mixing.  It's definitely a whole lot of trial and error but so rewarding when you find nice blends.  I'm sure you would do great at blends Moonstar!!!  How do you test your blends to see if they go together?  😇  

In general I want blends that are creamy.  Like for instance a lavender cream... I have one now, but that's why I wanted a more "cream" type scent to see if I can make it even better.  

3 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Ok can't help with the creamy one but Sweet Amber Musk is one of my steady sellers. 

Sea Salt & Rice Flower I like but not a big seller for me.

Pink Berry & Tonka Bean  I don't really like and it sells so so.  Below is a list of most of what I use from RE that are better sellers, I do have a few more since I last updated this list.

image.png.136dc9710a6be6b0b54e911e9c83ed35.png

Ohhh I absolutely love their SSA, Bamboo Sugarcane, Rustic Lodge and Satsuma!  What does the Rooibos Red Tea smell like to you?  That one has been on my radar for a few months now also.  😜❤

9 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Ohhh I absolutely love their SSA, Bamboo Sugarcane, Rustic Lodge and Satsuma!  What does the Rooibos Red Tea smell like to you?  That one has been on my radar for a few months now also.  😜❤

I'm horrible at descriptions, I'm a tea lover, specifically love Rooibos tea and I love this fo.  I guess my best description is it smells like real red tea with a slight floral hint but more tea than anything.

• Like 1

For a creamy blender I use Mad Oils (now Arizona Candle Supply) Vanilla Milk. It is very similar (but better) than NG's Vanilla Silk. Very creamy, and a great blender. 

I know you were asking for scents from RE, but these 2 are lovely, and I think fit what you are looking for. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2017 at 12:26 PM, Jcandleattic said:

For a creamy blender I use Mad Oils (now Arizona Candle Supply) Vanilla Milk. It is very similar (but better) than NG's Vanilla Silk. Very creamy, and a great blender. 

I know you were asking for scents from RE, but these 2 are lovely, and I think fit what you are looking for. 

THANK YOU so much Jcandleattic!!! This helps me immensely!  I just couldn't bring myself to order the ones from RE.  I can't place my order until 12/27 when they return but they aren't on my final order list that's for sure.  I live about 15 minutes from NG and I'm out of pink sugar so I am gonna have to run and grab some within the next week or so.  I LOVE the pink sugar from JS but haven't placed an order with them in a while either.  Going in with my friend on althe RE order so excited that we are splitting this one!  😬  Hubby would be happy to know that too.  Goodness!  22 16 oz bottles adds up so fast!  So split the cost and oz's and it's a win win.  If we love them and use them super fast THEN we can order another 16 oz bottle.  But I think that's a good idea once in a while for new scents.  👍🏼

Will definitely try the Vanilla Silk from NG.  I have the NG French Vanilla and NG Vanilla Extract but wasn't extremely impressed with the mix I tried them in.  Excited to smell Vanilla Silk!  Thanks again for sharing!!! 🙏🏼❤😇

Do do you have any other personal favs from RE that I didn't ask about?  Looking for some good scents with sandalwood and also a few spa/clean and/or woodsy scents as well.

• Like 1