Tips to increase storage space

nancyvinci92

I'm planning a bathroom renovation project. It's nothing huge- just adding some fittings and accessories here and there to unclutter the place.

The concept of fooling your eyes by increasing visual space is pretty cool. Source: https://shinydoge.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/7-diy-tips-to-renovate-small-spaces/

This is probably used by many famous home renovators - letting the light in and stuff. Also, here's another blog that discusses the usefulness of some accessories you gotta get for your bathroom.

Good day.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a topic I am too familiar with: tiny bathrooms. 

This 1976 ranch I live in was prefab. Apparently the designer decided people don't use or need bathrooms. 

The main house bathroom we remodeled about 7 or so years ago now (man time flies) started out at dimensions of 7' x 6'. We did not change the footprint at all. The biggest space changers were: 1) changing the door from a swinging to pocket. That added 4 square feet to the useful space in the room. It was AMAZING. 2) th room did not have a closet. The tiny closet in the hall shared a wall with the bathroom so we changed the door of it. Made more sense as when you did not have a "square to spare" or needed a towel now they could be reached without exiting the room and rummaging through the hall closet 🤣.  3) small vanity. 4) drawers in the bathroom closet. This is a work in process. I used a small dresser in the closet first as a proof of concept. Wire shelves on top. The idea is good, but now am going to custom build drawers into the closet to take advantage of ALL the depth and ensure everything fits. 

The bathroom in the master bedroom was a joke. Literally it was 4' x 7' including the shower space. A small adult could walk in, turn around and exit. That was about it. It felt like an RV. I stole a foot from the master closet and got an additional 4 square feet for the bathroom. Am building an industrial type of open shelf vanity with vessel sink with long countertop. Cute fabric baskets to hold things.  Added a window. Wow did that help! Glass shower doors. And keep NOTHING in the room that I don't need. 

• Like 1