Popular this holiday season

jbradshaw

I'm just rounding out my holiday markets so I thought it would be fun to post what did well and not so well. I always love seeing what different parts of the country are drawn to scent-wise. I rename pretty much all of my scents, so these are just the oils I used. I mostly sell candles - no matter what fragrance melts go slower for me, which is surprising because Utahns were really into Scentsy a few years back.

One of the things I noticed that seems unique is that bakery scents don't do well for me. I thought I'd try some but they were mostly the ones that didn't sell. BUT bakery scents sold faster in melts than in candles...not sure what that signifies but it's good to know :) 

Bestsellers

CS Frasier Fir (customer favorite - kind of expected based on what I've read from others here)

CS White Birch (my favorite)

Aztec Volcano 

CS Apple Maple Bourbon 

CS Mistletoe (I was shocked b/c I don't love this one)

Middle of the Road

CS Christmas Hearth 

Aztec Cinnamon Peppermint Creme 

CS Cranberry Woods

WSP Vanilla Bean Noel

Aztec Cozy Cabin

Aztec Sparkling Pear Reisling

Aztec Coffee blended with CS Toasted Pumpkin Spice

Didn't sell/last to sell

JS Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Aztec Sweet Potato Brown Sugar

CS Toasted Pumpkin Spice (I actually love this one and ordered another pound, even if no one will buy them I'll just burn them for myself :) )

Oh! I also added in pinecone firestarters and they killed it! I don't know if I'll do them again because they were sort of annoying, but it was fun to offer them. I also made some scented salt that I am IN LOVE WITH but need to figure out packaging. I had it in plastic lined paper bags for a week and it did fine, then got to the market and the paper bags were soaked through. So frustrating. 

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing ! Your best sellers don't surprise me in the least. Frasier fir is fantastic ! I did try putting Aztec Sweet Potato Brown Sugar, not a fan neither 

are friends + family . I do have to try volcano + white birch though :) So your fire starters starters sold well or didn't ? 

Anything that smells like a christmas tree should sell well. I used CS frasier fir and mistletoe with Fillmore's christmas tree and its my #1 seller. My #2 seller is my own custom blend of reindeer farts. Both sell out at every holiday market and christmas craft show I've done this year. Next to those would be cinnamon apple, cranberry orange, christmas hearth, cinnamon broom, and anything with a christmas theme name to it!

This year I also custom blended a scent I call White Christmas and when I debuted it it started selling right away too. I use a blend of CS mistletoe with C&S candy cane. I think it helps that I open one to burn on my display table so people can see it burning and smell it. That always works for me to sell those candles.

15 minutes ago, Candybee said:

This year I also custom blended a scent I call White Christmas and when I debuted it it started selling right away too. I use a blend of CS mistletoe with C&S candy cane. I think it helps that I open one to burn on my display table so people can see it burning and smell it. That always works for me to sell those candles.

I wish the markets I did allowed that. Everyone I've done, or even gone to as a consumer has the rule of no open flame, and they don't even like it if a burner is going. They cite the fire hazard, and too many complaints from other vendors. :(

Edited by Jcandleattic
spelling

10 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I wish the markets I did allowed that. Everyone I've done, or even gone to as a consumer has the rule of no open flame, and they don't even like it if a burner is going. They cite the fire hazard, and too many complaints from other vendors. :(

That's too bad. Not all shows I do will I light a candle. I do some I know have other vendors that can't tolerate it. Also, I ask vendors around my booth if they mind and if not then I go ahead. But when I do light a candle it really helps to sell them. I see other candle vendors do the same in my area so I am not alone. I live in the country so we are a bit lax here in the sticks.

Edited by Candybee

On 12/14/2017 at 7:17 PM, Moonstar said:

Thanks for sharing ! Your best sellers don't surprise me in the least. Frasier fir is fantastic ! I did try putting Aztec Sweet Potato Brown Sugar, not a fan neither 

are friends + family . I do have to try volcano + white birch though :) So your fire starters starters sold well or didn't ? 

They did sell well, and maybe I could increase the price but it just didn't seem worth the effort. I dipped large(ish) pine cones in re-melted scrap wax, and also poured some into little cupcake tins with smaller pine cones. I just don't see myself offering it as a regular part of my line. 

• Like 1